Team 22 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Heckler, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If the bow shop is open tomorrow im going to get my blue streak's cut and fletched, and my bow sighted in and a new peep sight and get my apache installed. Hopefully i have all my pins sighted in tomorrow and then i will be good to go.

2. outdooraddict

outdooraddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am usually on stand 3-4 days a week then come mid october I hunt every day except thursdays, as far as doe's I should be able to get one down, typically we dont do any of that until late season. As far as bucks we have quite the range from scrubs up to stuff in the 160's, but if something walks by and it grosses 140 I wont pass it up, if something is mid 130's and older I will try for that as well but typically we dont have very old deer around here, the farmers want them all dead so, brown its down most of the way around us. They are currently filling ag. permits, its always nice to hear gunshots at dusk in august.
    I dont know what that all equates to as far as points for the team but I hope to contribute.

3. rack addict

rack addict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I probably won't hit it hard until late October.With two little boys one of them being a new born my time in the woods will be less than it ever has. But I do have the first week of november off and I am going to hunt as hard as I can. My properties usually don't have much buck action until around that time anyways.

4. rack addict

rack addict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just checked my cam at one property today and got pics of this buck for the first time. I think he just moved himself into #1 on the hit list!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I did a little glassing tonight over a bean field that is in a river bottom. The big boys are there! :)

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sent both Clint82 and Nate/FL a PM as they have not checked in yet.

7. willhunt4food

willhunt4food Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    whats everyone's first week setup? ill be hunting afternoons at the end of a fence row separating a beans and alfalfa on a south wind or ill sit in the first few rows of corn, that buts up to the alfalfa field on any wind other than an east/southeast or a giant walnut tree in a pinch where a creek connects two blocks of timber with corn on each side and bordered by a 50 acre alfalfa field. its an awesome spot... also on a south wind.

8. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Season opener is saturday. Due to the wonderfull army organization not possible for me to go. But its so damn hot I wouldnt go anyways, Gona wait till probablly mid october early november to hunt nc. Hittin Oh late october.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad you made it home safe and sound bohica! I certainly know what you mean about the heat. It was 100+ here today! Hopefully we have seen the last of 100+ degree days. The long term forecast certainly seems its going to start cooling off like it should. Looks like we could see some days in the very low 70's for the highs within the next couple weeks! More importantly lows in the upper 40's! I am pumped. The 17th can't get here soon enough!

10. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I lost 40 lbs on this deployment and stopped working out due to mission's and injurie's and allways being on pain pills. Let me telll you i was SHAKY shooting at 70 lb's haha, but wow does that bow shoot fast.

11. willhunt4food

Dislikes Received:
    welcome home bohica

12. SPLITG2

SPLITG2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I went to the farm to day and check my trail camera I was starting to get a little worried all I been getting is doe and fawns well today I got the pictures I been look for two 8 points and one 10 or 11 point three really nice deer I will post picture tomorrow if I can figure out how to do so haha I start hunting Saturday so I hope to put us on the board.

13. bohica

bohica Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear split and thanks willhunt and everyone else

14. SPLITG2

SPLITG2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    These are my pictures from yesterday Cdy00036.jpg Cdy00037.jpg Cdy00035.jpg Cdy00038.jpg

15. Backwoodshunting

Backwoodshunting Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice deer I hope you put one on the ground I had two cameras out one broke two weeks ago haven't been able to replace it but I have one nice eight point bought 2 1/2 3 years old.

16. Backwoodshunting

Backwoodshunting Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My opening morning is the 22 I am going to hunt in the woods in the morning about a hundred yards from where there bedding and along one main trail that all the deer in that area use so hopefully I will be able to kill a buck messing around in the woods I don't expect them to come out of the woods with the upper 90s temperature we have been having but in the afternoon I am going to hunt an isolated food plot half surrounded by woods. I will get my fifty points on the board though hopefully opening day but who knows might get lucky with a buck.

17. willhunt4food

Dislikes Received:
    splitg2 that buck in the back is NICE! good luck with him.

18. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Out the door in the morning at 4:30 AM for some pre-season scouting!

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, took the first buck off a property I hunt. Unfortunately it was hit by a car! A damn shame! It would have been a really nice buck in a couple more years!

[​IMG]

20. SPLITG2

SPLITG2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    man that sucks but he sure would have been a nice deer heckler i hope you dont mind me stealing your avatar