Work

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Billy-Kayla Pulsifer

Billy-Kayla Pulsifer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    11B infantryman new york army national guard, part time.. full time job n/a due to deployment but once i get home going to hunting guide school in mesa colorado, 8 weeks plus a whitetail course and job placement opportunities in wyoming wisconsin alaska montana colorado and a few others, should turn out to be quite the adventure gotta love the post 9/11 GI bill. paying for it all :)

2. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I install commercial storefront glass. I work mon-fri 7-3. so i can sometimes squeeze in an afternoon hunt during the week. Im always off weekends. I get 2 weeks vacation a year, which are usually used up during hunting season.

3. lefty40

lefty40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am an Oracle Database Aministrator, I work days from whenever I want to go in until about 8 hours later. Unfortunately alot of my days end up being longer than 8 hours and it does require me to do some of my work on weekends/night hours when the systems are down.

4. AaroninMO

AaroninMO Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Scientist working at a company where we do Pharmaceutical drug discovery and research. I do a lot of work with human organs. Its a little greusome at times. I get 15 days PTO and will be rolling over 5 additional days.

I hunt at a family farm 3 1/2 hours away from home so I'll be taking several long weekends during the season. Maybe even an entire week during the rut.

5. jkcmerg

jkcmerg Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sales Manager at a Chevy Dealership. Love it. Been in Sales for over 20 years. Get to talk to a lot of different people and land owners.

6. Mofireman

Mofireman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Career firefighter/EMT! Best job around. We get 144 hours of vacation a year, which equates to six 24 hour shifts. Obviously as you gain seniority, your vacation picks get easier and easier. I can't complain, I've had vacation from like October 28 through November 10 for the last two years. Works out pretty good for me...

A special thanks to all of our military here, both past and present!! I'm still a Reservist in the USAF and have accrued over 22 years myself. My hat's off to each of you.

7. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a Union Stagehand, I.A.T.S.E, local 18 here in Milwaukee. I do shows from Rock and Roll to Corporate....Broadway to my newest gig the Milwaukee Ballet Head Electrician(Lighting guy).....interesting at times and times the 20 hour days kick your *** only to do it again the next day! I retired from touring with Rock bands after 18 years on the road traveling to lands far, far away!

8. ahube8706

ahube8706 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im a cnc machinist at general motors..i save one week vacation for the middle or end of october. And opening day is recognized as a paid holiday

9. CrossTimbers

CrossTimbers Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a photo retoucher for a magazine. I get between Christmas and New Years off and one full week off in January which is really nice for some hardcore late season hunting. I also get two weeks in July, but usually spend that on a formal vacation with the Mrs.

10. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    nice this is that im going to school for right now. Im hoping to make it my career.

11. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mill Laborer at a grain elevator, And I go to A&P Mechanic School. Between that and work leaves me a couple afternoons a week along with a few times on the weekend. I can get almost any day off as long as I ask well enough ahead of time.

12. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a bridge carpenter, and I have to fight all season long to get in the woods. Thanks to the Sunday hunt ban. I do get two weeks vacation one to use for Nov the other is for family.

13. StrikeForce

StrikeForce Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am a controls engineer for process control systems (I automate equipment at big plants). As long as I am not traveling like I am now, I can pretty much adjust my schedule as needed as long as my projects are on track. I have 4 weeks total and plan to take 1-2 days per week or a combination of 1/2 days this year to maximize my woods time.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

14. Crossbow Jared

Crossbow Jared Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I work for my dad . www.masonalstone.com So it's sweet if i wont off work for hunting i can just head to his office and ask him. I can start at 6 and be off at 4, 10-12 hr days. And this year he is coming with me for a week of crossbow hunting :wave:

15. WI_Hunter1

WI_Hunter1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do things with puters and don't work much in Nov.

16. bowhunter_lt

bowhunter_lt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a graphic designer, web developer and video producer for a major outdoor sporting goods distributor. But I also train dogs and run a freelance operation when I'm not on the clock. Busy busy busy. :) Not really sure of vacay time as I've only been with this company for about 6 months but its something around 10-12 days a year, I think.

17. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I work in IT as a server System Administrator. While where I'm at has allowed me to have more opportunities to hunt compared to previous employers, my personal life has gotten crazy and not allowing me to get out much this year.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CNC Machinist for 8 1/2 years. 2 weeks vacation but also do 4 10 hour days M-T. Usually a lot of mandatory OT but we're entering a slowdown. Hurts the pocket a bit but opens up that much more time as well.

19. Carl77

Carl77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a ASE Certified Transit Bus Technician at a Transit District in Champaign, IL. Yup, I work on the busses. Cant complain. Pays good, good insurance, good benefits. Until I get more seniority, I have to work nights and weekends, but I love my job. Although, with the new addition to my family, hunting will probably be cut down just a little, but planning on getting out every chance I get!