GoPro cams

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mosedog, Aug 30, 2012.

1. mosedog

mosedog Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just seeing if anyone else uses the to film there hunts? i see alot of the professional shows using them for crazy angles. i havent got to hook mine up to my bow since it is in the states and im overseas. whats the best way to hook it up or is it better to use the head strap?

2. RoyC

RoyC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got one of these little cameras as a free gift during the promotion they had with Yamaha a few months back but I have not even took it out to see what it does. Had the same thought as to whether or not I could use it to film some hunts.

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Me and my brothers will be using Go Pros this fall in the woods to film POV angles.

4. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got one a couple of weeks ago and have been toying around with it. I'm going to use it for a ground view and also bought the Small Muddy camera arm that fastens to a tree step or bow holder. I think skies the limit for these things. Should be interesting.

5. mosedog

mosedog Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i have about ten mounts for the thing already. got it more for mt biking, snowboarding, and speer fishing. so i figure ill test them out when i get back to the states and see which works the best. i think a whole POV hunt would be the best... only thing is battery life!

6. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They are awesome little cameras. obviously no zoom but they take such amazing footage that they are really nice for any kind of pov stuff, it you are going to make a shot less then 30 yards then the gopro will impress you!

7. infantryoif

infantryoif Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'd say go for the head mount if it's your primary camera for capturing the action. A camera attached to your bow will inevitably shake during release and you may blur -- or miss -- the money shot!

8. KDORSETT12

KDORSETT12 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  9. iahunter11

iahunter11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    go pro's are the S*** we use one on the race car every night we race......

10. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mosedog I'm with you.......I have a ton of mounts and also picked up the WiFi remote. Unbelievable. Mounted the camera to my seat post and controlled it on my wrist. Going to be fun this year.

11. mosedog

mosedog Newb

Dislikes Received:
    well if it works out for anyone before i even get back to the states(Oct):sad: . send me a link i would like to see some different angles!!!

12. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gopro rock. I have a http://www.tachyoninc.com/ from pre gopro and really like it. You cannot break it even if you try. Perfect underwater pictures, etc. The Kodak playsport is also nice. Gopro and tachyon do a much better job but cost a bit more.

Hopes this helps.

13. jasonba12

jasonba12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    love my gopro hero 2 been using it four wheeling for a while and then last month i found a site that finally made bow and gun mounts www.gogunmount.com and now i love it even more

14. Sconley81

Sconley81 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely love mine. Planned on using it to film my hunts over the weekend but things happened so quick I was unable to turn it on and video. I posted my mount and a video to the thread mentioned above. The head mount is good till you go and shoot, your camera will be angled in the wrong direction missing the money shot. Mount it on a bow or close by where you have the ability to move it if needed. I'm going out tomorrow evening and will be behind the gopro filming my buddies hunt, hopefully I will have footage from the head mount to post.

15. hmccall4

hmccall4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been thinking about getting one to film my ATV trail rides. If I do get one I will have to look into a mount for my bow.

16. jasonba12

jasonba12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the gogunmount bow mount goes behind your stablizer and works great i tried the head mount and also just using the sticky pad but until i got the stablilzer mount i just couldnt get it to work right now i love it with the stablizer mount it has great angles ...hmccall4 you will also love your gopro for your 4 wheeler

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  17. Tk Rocky hunter

Tk Rocky hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Use the head mount unless you want to film the ground for five hours and just get the 2 seconds of footage of your shot.

18. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    look into insane archery products they make a great bow mount for small cameras.