Team 29 - Death From Above

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by BigUTMuleys, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We have some hogs on camera currently, we also have a severe case of EHD. Currently within miles of our ground hopefully are deer make it only time will tell. Over 200 dead in two weeks!!!!!!!

2. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got a new property to hunt thanks to my daughter making friends w another 1st grader (guess im raising her to like people w property lol) that is small but holds some good bucks. I just got it so haven't had any cams out but have been seeing some nice ones from the field edge in the binos. Hope to get on them. If not its public land giants for me!

3. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got to love it when your first grader scores you a property! I have made most of my land contacts through work and close family friends. I am thankful that I've never had to hunt on public land.

Jackflap...I do have a buck that needs to be taken out of the gene pool that isn't very large. If he comes by before I manage to shoot a nice one then he will go towards the hunting contest. One side of his rack goes way forward towards his snout and the other curls backwards. He is the only small one on my hit list.

4. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This team rocks out, I will have a hard time keeping up here in Michigan. Not for a lack of deer but big whitetails are a bit scarce. I have been running several trailcams trying to put a few patterns together on a couple nice deer. My boys also started hunting this year so they will be first behind the bow, I cannot wait. Early doe opens in September, I have a feeling that there might be some whitetaills hitting the dirt.

This will be fun.

5. BigUTMuleys

BigUTMuleys Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I'm Dana,

I am 29 years old, located in Salt Lake City, UT. I have a beautiful and very supportive wife (she was raised in a hunting family :) ) and i am a father to 3 kids (ages 7, 4, 10 months). So to say the least, i live a very busy and hectic life and enjoy every minute of it. I have been hunting since i was 14, but this is my first year bowhunting. I have found a couple of really nice muley's to go after this year, so i hope to make things happen.

My hobbies when i am not working: hanging out with my family, shooting my bow, fishing, watching all the hunting shows i possibly can. I thank the Lord every day for my life, if it wasn't for Him, i don't know where i would be right now.

I am very excited to be on this team. I look forward to hearing all the stories of everyone's hunts, I pray that we can all have a very successful and safe hunt. I also pray that we can all put a little meat in the freezers this year. (hopefully some nice big boned buck meat that is!) I hope to use this year as a time to really learn all i can about bowhunting. So i hope you guys don't mind me asking some occasional questions. I wasn't raised by anyone that would teach me how to hunt, but i hope to learn so i can pass it on to my kids.

6. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dana my kids are almost the exact same age and spacing. 1, 5, 7, and 9. I 100% here you about the busy... And I would not change it for the world. Glad to have you aboard.

7. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    You guys spaced them out better than myself. Mine are 2, 4, 11, 12.

8. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BigUTMuleys...its nice to have you on board! There is nothing better than bowhunting and that thrill of having them close enough to shoot and then executing that perfect shot. The very first day I went out bowhunting 10 years ago I killed a coyote on my very first morning. I was telling myself that this bowhunting stuff is easy. Well three years went by until I finally killed my first one with a bow haha, but boy was it rewarding!

I didn't necessarily have anyone to teach me the basics, so I messed up quite a few hunts from being young and just not knowing when to draw back, moving too much in the stand...the list goes on and on.

As for putting meat in my freezer, I spent 3 hours last friday night cleaning blood out of my freezer that had gone out. I probably lost close to 100 lbs of meat, so I can't wait to get out there and put a deer down!

9. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    photo.jpg

Here is a picture of the nice buck that is on one of the properties I hunt. I know he isn't huge but this is decent for the area I hunt. This picture was from either late June or early July

10. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was a very early picture, the deer has surely put on alot of inches since then, hes a mega shooter let the air out of him!!!!

11. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    PICT00399.jpg

Here he is on August 10th. I need to go back out and check my cameras and see if I have any of him hard horned yet. I saw my first hard horned deer two days ago.

12. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck man. Hope to see him fall this year!!! Keep the pics coming

13. EricZ

EricZ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm Eric. I'm 23 and live in East Central MN. I'm a recent college grad that hasn't found a job in my field yet, so for now I'm still a carpenter. I just locked down 90 acres of some killer land, no trail cams up yet, but I've been scouting the fields around the property almost every night. I have a nice 8 that will go 140 plus and a 10 that is right around 130 on the list so far. It's been a busy summer to say the least, as I'm just getting around to setting stands this weekend. I struck out big time last year, this year I plan on making it right.

14. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am hoping all this rain will fill up the water hole that I hunt over. It has been extremely low all summer but it should be busting at the seams now!

15. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    My season opens in less than a week!

16. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am jealous GABowhunter! Whats the deer size like in Georgia? I am assuming smaller than some of our midwest deer

17. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    They are a lot smaller than your Midwest deer. I have a legit chance at an 80" on one of my leases. That's the largest I've seen at my places.

18. BBlackwelder

BBlackwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    BBlackwelder...Checking IN, sorry guys been real busy getting some new stuff started and work. Great to be part of the team and looking forward to the upcoming season!!!

19. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    And with that we are all checked in.

EricZ

GABowhunter
    ruttinbucks.com
    Brian Miller
    Bblackwelder
    BigUTMuleys
    tc3144
    Madness
    ****ie Tunes
    Kscurhunter
    illinibowhunter
    flapjack

My season opens on Saturday, when is everyone's opening day?

20. BBlackwelder

BBlackwelder Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012