Sci-fi Short Film I filmed and edited over the summer with the DSLR Canon 5D Mark ii.

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by reatherfordproductions, Jul 28, 2012.

1. reatherfordproductions

reatherfordproductions Newb

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHD3UcwOen0

^^^
    Above is the link to watch it on youtube. I am wanting to be in the film industry. This is a Sci-fi thriller/action 10 minute short film. "Down to Us" by Reatherford Films

Hi everyone! I just want to show you my short film I made over this summer the link is above^^. The reason I think you all will like it is because its about BOWHUNTERs going out to hunt some deer and they soon are being hunted by an invasion of aliens. Also because it shows what you guys can do with your video equipment..I used a DSLR Canon 5d mark ii to film this whole video. I know it sounds like it will be fake but i filmed and edited it so it makes you at the edge of your seats.
    Hope you all enjoy! So if you want to see, bowhunting, action and alien blood and shooting watch the whole thing...it gets intense!!

-This video was shot and edited on one computer with only 3 of us working on it off and on from June 4th to July 27th 2012. Since we only had one computer we worked on the movie for OVER 150 to 200 HOURS. So we hope you enjoy! SUBSCRIBE to our channel "Reatherfordfilms" on youtube.com to see more videos! And we have ANOTHER new short film in process now too!

Below are some snap shots of the movie. To enjoy the movie more watch with headphones and high quality!! Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone watched this? Would love to hear some feedback. Thanks!

3. colton96

colton96 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah man i watched it!very very cool!great job!

4. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man! I was beginning to wonder if anyone was watching it or didnt like it haha

5. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I watched it and thought it was very well done.

My only advice is to next time let your work sell itself.

6. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. What do you mean?

7. rack addict

rack addict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  8. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This whole spill kind of turned me off:

Hi everyone! I just want to show you my short film I made over this summer the link is above^^. The reason I think you all will like it is because its about BOWHUNTERs going out to hunt some deer and they soon are being hunted by an invasion of aliens. Also because it shows what you guys can do with your video equipment..I used a DSLR Canon 5d mark ii to film this whole video. I know it sounds like it will be fake but i filmed and edited it so it makes you at the edge of your seats.
    Hope you all enjoy! So if you want to see, bowhunting, action and alien blood and shooting watch the whole thing...it gets intense!!

But again, I thought it was really well done, but I want to decide that for myself. I don't want the filmmaker telling me how awesome his film was before I even watched it.

9. HuntingBry

HuntingBry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure how else he could have described it. Perhaps some suggestions on what you would have done would help.

I was thoroughly impressed with the video. The shot selection, editing, and effects were all very well done.

Good job.

10. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks!

11. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Well thanks for your advice. I wanted to have people read some about it before they watched it. And so they have a idea on what goes into making a short film. I don't have any intentions of making my film sound "awesome." I am not like that at all haha. The main thing is to get advice from others and I love answering or helping anyone with questions.

12. reatherfordproductions

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I agree with you haha. I would love to answer any questions you have about filming or editing.