Team 29 - Death From Above

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by BigUTMuleys, Aug 25, 2012.

1. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Death From Above works for me too.

2. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Death from above so far is the name to beat, i also think ga. Should run the captain slot this year for the team anyone disagree ? If not hes it!!!! Lets get this party started two weeks and were in the tree in wisconsin......

3. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I went ahead and submitted the information on the teams page! Jealous that you're hunting in two weeks. I have another whole month and then some

4. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Richie I thought for sure you would have HAMMER in the name :evilgrin:

5. BigUTMuleys

BigUTMuleys Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Death from above! and GA works for me... My season started 2 weeks ago. :)

6. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Death from above and Gabowhunter works for me. I still have about a month to go for deer season, but I am going to get a quick elk hunt in next week in New Mexico.

7. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'm in. :lol: If I've got everything right looks like we are only missing 2?

EricZ
    GABowhunter
    ruttinbucks.com
    Brian Miller
    Bblackwelder
    BigUTMuleys
    tc3144
    Madness
    ****ie Tunes
    Kscurhunter
    illinibowhunter
    flapjack

From what I can tell the screen name is actually Bblackwelder, a simple typo case it appears. I have PMed him.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  8. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Also anybody have any photoshop skills (or know anyone) to make a team avatar?

9. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have absolutely no photoshop skills but I have an awesome graphic design lady at work that I may be able to convince to work something up for us.

Also I think it'd be nice for everyone to tell a little about themselves. Where they hunt, type of equipment, anything else that seems worth mentioning. Since I suggested it, I will begin

My name is Justin
    I've been bowhunting for 10 years
    I began hunting to simply put meat in the freezer. I've learned the past couple of years to pass on the small bucks and have started to see an improvement on the couple of pieces of land that I hunt
    I shoot a Bowtech General & either muzzys or bloodrunners
    I live in Bloomington, IL
    I hunt in McLean, Sangamon & Adams county in Illinois
    My passion in life is to be outdoors and killing whatever is in season. Hopefully I'll be going out to shoot some doves next Monday when the season opens in Illinois.

I look forward to having a successful hunting season and wish everyone the best of luck!

10. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Great idea...

My name is Phillip, I'm 32 years old (soon to be 33), married with 4 kids. When I'm not hunting I work for an engineering firm and attend school part time at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where I am pursuing a BSEE. I've been bowhunting for 10 years and it's about all I do now a days in regards to hunting. I may rifle hunt near the end of the season a time or two but other than that it is all bow all the time. I mainly hunt a couple of leases and a little bit of public land. I hunt Catoosa, Walker and Washington Counties here in Georgia. I have hunted Tennessee in the past, but it has been a couple of years. I hunt with a Hoyt Alphamax 35. I shoot CX Maxima Hunter KV's tipped with NAP's HellRazors.

11. ruttinbucks.com

ruttinbucks.com Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello I'm Mike
    I'm from Grayslake Illinois I started hunting in 1985 then picked up the greatest sport ever of bowhunting in 1993 .
    I have 2 kids one boy 20 and a girl 14 they both gun hunt for now.I working for a printing company . I shoot a Pse axe 6 carbon arrows and rage heads .i hunted wisconsin all my life up Til 3years ago I started hunting Illinois .wow what a state to bow hunt . So I hope I can put some meat in the freezer and points on the board for our team . Let's getter Done

12. KSCURHUNTER

KSCURHUNTER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im here now

13. KSCURHUNTER

KSCURHUNTER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Checkin in

14. KSCURHUNTER

KSCURHUNTER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im C.J. from central Kansas work on a large ranch / feedlot operation so have a ton of private ground to hunt. I pretty much trophy hunt but shoot a few does through out the year for fun too. And i am hell on coyotes. I mostly hunt deer from tree stands. With a little spot and stalk in big pastures mixed in. I shoot a pse dream season 70 lbs nap 2 blade blood runners. Biggest buck to date a 173 and seven eights net score eight pointer

15. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm tommy and I live in central Illinois. Been Bowhunting for about 15 years. I have a little red haired girl who is 6 going on 20 and keeps me busy. My girlfriend has an 8 yo boy who loves to sit in a ground blind w me. Hope to get one down when he's with me this year!!! I am a firefighter and have quite a bit of time to hunt each year. Shooting a pse dream season right now w blood runners. Can't wait to see the combo in action this year. And when I'm not chasing white-tails I'm calling geese in the layout blind. Early goose this sat which means one month till bow opener!!! Can't wait. Good luck to all!

16. jackflap

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Mike. I am 52 years old and have hunted my entire life...Bowhunting 13 years...Never hunted with a rifle since. I hunt three different counties in the Panhandle of Texas. Compared to some of the more limited seasons or weapon specific seasons I hear others mention on this site, we are lucky in Texas in that we have a 1 month bow only season and then another 2 month general season in which you can hunt with the weapon of your choice, giving me a combined season of a little over 3 months.

I also have limited Muleys on one of the properties that I hunt.

I have one college aged son and I have been married for 29 years.

Outside of my family, my four passions/hobbies are snow skiing, bicycling, outdoor photography, and bowhunting. I used to enjoy flyfishing and bird hunting, but we all have to make choices....I already have more hobbies than I have time.

17. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Updated:

EricZ
    GABowhunter
    ruttinbucks.com
    Brian Miller
    Bblackwelder
    BigUTMuleys
    tc3144
    Madness
    ****ie Tunes
    Kscurhunter
    illinibowhunter
    flapjack

Only 1 to go.

18. illinibowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    By the sound of it I feel like we're going to have a solid team this year! A lot of us seem to have a real passion for the outdoors and bowhunting. Have any of you got any decent bucks on trail cams this year? I got one shooter that is coming by one of my stands quite frequently. I will post a picture of him soon.

19. KSCURHUNTER

KSCURHUNTER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    just now putting cams out but saw a 150 and 160 together on one property i hunt lastnight.

20. jackflap

Dislikes Received:
    I agree..I certainly not advocating that someone kill a buck just for a bragging rights contest, but the mathametical fact is that if we all kill a doe and 2/3 of us kill a buck of any size, we ought to be in the hunt, pun intended.

I hunt 4 different properties...got pics of a few good bucks on two of the propetties so far....