Team 14 Grounded

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AIM, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jakeratt

jakeratt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    good to know guys. Just so everyone knows I always let my team Hunt on my ground in IL if they want to pay for the tags and licenses. We farm over 2300 acres so Ive got more ground than I can hunt

2. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really looking forward to this years bow hunting. I'm hoping I can get myself set up to see this buck running around me and then adjust my stand to get him within bow range. I know he is around I'm just not 100% certain were exactly he is and when. I have a pretty good handle on the does that run around behind my house though. At least I think I can be good for 50 points.:)

3. KS_archer

KS_archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - checking in for the team. Traveling for work all this week so doing this post from my phone. Hunting whitetails in Nebraska and Kansas this year. 2 buck and 4 doe tags. I'll post more later when at a computer. 8 years bow hunting and 1 year contest. Also I'm hunting elk and bear in Colorado the end of next week so if I am successful I'll post some photos. Can't wait to chase whitetails.

4. KS_archer

Dislikes Received:
    my thoughts on team name: Rambo's Sensei, Lethal Pumphouse Mechanics, or We Tag Team Big Racks. Just a few - I tried to come up with fun ones.

5. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    KS_archer Make sure you know the rules. One buck and one doe only. Please be honest and only post the first buck and doe. We do not want to be eliminated because we used the second buck harvested.

Thanks, Let me or USarmy know if we can do anything to help you guys with rules.

6. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    We need to pick a captain and get started on some team names. So far we are only 2 guys away from a full Roster. Anyone liking any names over the others. I ask because it takes some time to create everyones Avatar for the forum.

Lethal Injection
    Tag Soup
    Droptine
    BACKSTRAP FEVER

7. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys been a busy day for me and just now able to get to a computer. I'm glad to see our team is filling out nicely, and it seems we have some nice shooter bucks targeted also! As I have said before this will be my first year hunting with a bow, but I have hunted with a gun since I was 7, (taking my first buck at 10) and I'm 23 now. I know I still have alot to learn, but I have a good foundation on which to build my bowhunting. I also look to take a doe early in the season, and have a good buck for this parts that i've struck out on for 3 years. Due to having some of our timber thinned and cut this summer I have not ran any cameras in his area, but I feel confident he will still be there. Last year he was a 3-4 year old in the low 100s hopefully this year his has put on some good growth. I'm hoping to get a camera out in the next to weeks and see if I can find him and I'll keep yall updated. I sure hope this is the year I get to hold him in my hands, instead of another story of how he got away.

Jake a question about the photos for the contest. Does the picture have to be taken of me with the deer in the woods, or can I have it taken when I get him home? The reason I ask is because I will be hunting alone and getting a picture on my phone of me, the deer, and the bow could be a little tricky.

8. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I nominate Jakeratt and USarmyMP for captains if we are doing it this way. You two seem to have the most experience in the competition.

The name isn't a huge deal to me, I said Grounded before, just thought it'd be cool with a pic of a nice mature whitetail laying on the ground and the word written somewhere above or below. Of course that was my idea so I'd be partial to it! ;)
    It's all about having fun and getting to know some new guys on the forum for me!

9. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    As far as the picture YOU MUST I REPEAT MUST have TWO (2) pictures of you with the deer and your BOW in the picture. get home and take a picture in the back of the truck or in the front yard. I personally will probably use the video I get for a submission which will work. So either a video of the harvest and recovery or 2 pics.

10. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    Once we get everyone checked in, i recommend trading numbers. I know it helps at times having your teams numbers. That way we can also stay in contact when we are not on the board. Cause I know when I head back to Ohio, I will probably not be on the forums much. My family lives in the middle of nowhere so good internet is almost impossible.

I would also like to nominate jakeratt for team captain. I have a lot thats going to be going on when i get back, So i dont want to slack on the duties of being a captain.

KS_archer, your profile says Denver. If thats still the case, Im just south of you in Colorado Springs. Maybe we can meet up sometime throughout the contest.

11. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like Jakeratt has 3 nominations for team Captain. Looks like a good pick to me.

1. He's been in the contest multiple times. (knows what he is supposed to do as Captain)
    2. He checked in quickly. (indicates he is on BH.com frequently)
    3. Has posted multiple times already (shows that he is likely to keep the thread alive thru the contest)

Do we need to take a vote or just throw his *** in the fire?:lol:

I say let's just toss him in.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  12. KS_archer

Dislikes Received:
    I'm okay with any team name. Also, I've read the rules a few times and will do it again for review before I hit the whitetail woods. Hopefully I put a doe down early in October due to the land owner in Nebraska asking me to shoot a doe before a buck if possible. Never hunted the property so I don't know the area well besides google earth.

Jakeratt has my vote for team Cpt.

US - I do live in Denver so we should meet up when I'm back in the state. Gone for 6 more days now and then 3 weekends in September.

13. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    If any of you want my number to add to the phone book it's 2174307852. I work at scheels all sports so I do not carry my cell with me durning the day unless I am hunting. I will add my and as a capt. When I get home tonight. Season opener is still a month away so i will be living threw the MO guys who get to start on the 15th

14. Jmcarlson6641

Jmcarlson6641 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys checking in! Sorry for the late check in...been busy the past few days. My names is James I am a mechanical engineering student at South Dakota State Uninversity. I hunt MN and SD with some hunts in both states planned for this fall. Going on a west river SD hunt hoping to put a stock on a muley, have never done it but excited to give it a try!! I have been bowhunting for about 6yrs and first yr in the contest. Once school gets going I will be on the computer more and will check in more often!

15. Jmcarlson6641

Dislikes Received:
    My schedual doesnt look like i would have time to fit this in....but what is the cost for the tags? This would be a blast for me to get out and try another state!

16. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like were down to USfan and Rednass to check in and we'll have a full roster.

HMMMM.... "the Dalton Gang"

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  17. ajax

ajax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Okay thanks Jake, that won't be a problem at all. Once I get home I can get someone to take a couple pics of me. I just know how easy it would be to pose with a bow and a deer in the back of a truck so just making sure taking the picture in the woods was not a qualification.

18. Jmcarlson6641

Dislikes Received:
    I will put my vote in for either Jakeratt and USarmyMP for captain as they have done this the most. Experience will be a benefit for that position.

As for team name....you guys all have some good ideas. "Grounded" sounds pretty cool....but many of the others are pretty decent as well.

19. jakeratt

Dislikes Received:
    If we were to go with the team name grounded what would our avatar be of? Not saying I don't like the team. And we just need to have a good pic for an avatar look at some of the other teams and their display pics/ avatar
    . Let's throw some names out and then we can vote on Monday we have given the other two guys plenty of time to respond. I don't think they check the forum much otherwise they would of known when teams were drawn

20. AIM

AIM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a problem with "Grounded" other than I didn't know what you meant at first. If we need to come up with a cool looking logo a few of the ideas are gonna be tough.