Abortion ..... thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Tony, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand the premise. I do not agree with it. Liberal bs imo.

I don't see how MURDER falls under "freedom of choice"

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

2. GutHook

GutHook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not for it personally, but there are cases where it is probably the best choice. Some people should just not be allowed to breed.

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are 3 basic fundamental rights we have in the United States and all 3 are violated in the case of abortion.

LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS.

4. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

This thread was doing so well. It was adult and had thought and substance. It was nice while it lasted.

5. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly i feel like abortion and divorce have become the normal easy way out for people today. There really doesn't seem to be a real conviction faith or morals anymore

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

6. GutHook

GutHook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What was so bad about that? There are cases when some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids because they can't even take care of themselves and their kid would just grow up in a messed up home and the whole thing would just be one big cycle.

7. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Short, sweet and correct. Thank you Sir!

8. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whats wrong with that is government has no place in deciding who shall have kids. Thats what they do in communist countries.

If you had said some people shouldn't breed then many would agree with that statement.

I took it as a joke until you tried to defend it. Seems you were serious.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im pro choice myself. But, thats just me.

10. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That’s “pro abortion”. Pro killing innocent babies. I know “pro-choice” is the nicely couched term that sounds pleasant but it is “pro abortion” You are free to have your opinion but I think some (not saying you since you might have only used the common term they created to make it sound better) want to use a “Softer" language that makes sound like its not killing babies.

11. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol kinda like us using the term harvest so we don't offend certain people

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the term because that is the term that has been used to describe my position. But sure, if you want to call it pro abortion, I don't mind that either. Either way, you knew what I meant.

13. GutHook

GutHook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not saying the government should have the right to say who should be able to have kids and who shouldn't, I'm just saying giving people the option of abortion is probably best for everyone in the country because those who cannot properly take care of a child won't be putting more people into the population that will have a lot higher chance of becoming some junky or ending up in jail.

14. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a "Everything happens for a reason" kind of guy... If pregnancy has occurred by means of rape, incest, or just as Finch mentioned, a screening of terminal problems is found, I believe there is a reason for it... a reason our earthly minds can't comprehend, I believe there is a God, and he has a plan for everything... yes, we are free to make our own choices, that may or may not be part of God's will, but given the God we serve... He can do great things... things we may never know or understand.

15. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Alot of great people came from broken homes. My wife to name one.

Ones situation does not solely dictate what they will become.

16. GutHook

GutHook Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Again, I'm not saying everyone is destined to become what their parents are. I never said that everyone in poverty or a broken home should have their baby ripped out by the government. All I said was providing the option for people who don't want to subject their child to that life is probably a good thing for all parties. I wouldn't choose abortion, but I don't think I would make it completely illegal.

17. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

That's my boy!!!!! [​IMG]

18. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

And all I am saying is no matter the reason,it is still murdering a baby. IMO,it is as simple as that.

19. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Against it. I understand the concept, that it's up to the woman because it's their body. But when there's another beating heart, it's another life and to have no concern for it, just because it isn't able to survive by itself (yet) isn't right. I just wish ladies who had abortions could be responsible and realize there are a lot of other options out there other than abortion. So many people out there that would love to adopt and are having problems finding a baby.

And I think the tough statistic in all of this is that most abortions nowadays are from women who have had multiple. IMO, even if you can't care for a child, be responsible and give the child up. Might have been a mistake to begin with, but it doesn't have to end in one. Just my 2 cents.

20. mendoman

mendoman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Your question made me think of another: when does the child stop being a part of the woman's body and become it's own life?

I have always felt strongly that abortion is wrong. But, maybe it is a woman's right to decide. Not sure what is more wrong, the loss of a potential life or infringing on rights. I am not a woman though, and I believe a woman's perspective has more weight than mine and am always willing to listen to the other side.

I do strongly feel that right or wrong, there are way too many abortions. Maybe in old times it was obvious to mothers that they could not keep their children alive, or that to do so would put others at risk of starvation, and that they had no option but to abort. In our country, however, it would seem that there are always options and that women who abort simply don't want to go through the pregnancy? I am not talking about rape or incest victims.

In any event, I think men have to take control of this in the sense that you do not get a woman pregnant unless you both want a child. It is pretty easy to make sure you don't get a woman pregnant. Don't get her pregnant until you know she is not an aborter. I notice that most people don't address this side of the coin.