More arrow questions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by frantic29, Jul 25, 2012.

1. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looking for some advice. Needing to buy some new arrows before this fall hits and am wanting to try a different arrow. Currently I am shooting 30" Gold Tip 7595 (.340 spine) Expedition hunters with 125 grain tips w/4" Vantec Vanes. They roll in around 430 grains for a finished arrow. The bow I am shooting is a PSE Vendetta at 30.5" DL at about 59lb.

I want to stay in that general area as far as weight goes. I have found two arrows I like the looks of in the Victory Vforce V1 and the Easton Bloodline. The V1 seems to really be a tight spec version of the Gold Tips i am already shooting with a .350 instead of a .340 spine. The Bloodline comes in a hair lighter and is a skinnier diameter shaft and would be .330 spine.

First question is the spines I am looking at correct for my setup. When I first bought my bow and arrows this spring I was shooting at 64lb and have since backed it off to 59lb so I'm not sure that I'm still in the correct spine. I think I am probably fine since I have the longer arrow and am using the 125 gr point but am looking for some reassurance or a swift kick in the right direction.

Second I am kind of leaning toward the bloodline currently because I am wanting to try something different and that is definitely a step away from my current gold tips. Will the smaller diameter shafts cause major re-tuning headaches or will it be just minor changes.

More suggestions welcome but I would like to keep it under about $60 per 6

2. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go with the Eastons and beings though you are only drawing 59lbs. you should actually be shooting a 400 spine arrow. The 400 spine will react better off the string and recover better bringing you tighter groups. A 400 spine is good to about 63 or 64 pounds of draw, and a 500spine will be to lite. Good luck with your choice which ever way you go.

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the victory vforce v1 with one of my bows - no issues with them and they are similar to the gold tips that one of my sons shoots. If the arrow weight is comparable to what your shooting, the only differences would be if you go with blazers v 4"vanes.

Depending on the rest you use, different arrow diameters may require tweaks or minor changes to accommodate.