Contrail Tarptent

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by purebowhunting, Jul 3, 2012.

1. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I know there isn't a great number of Western hunters on the site but I thought I'd ask. I'm headed on a mule deer hunt this fall and want to be extremely mobile. Thinking of purchasing the Contrail Tarptent because of its size and weight, anyone have any experience with it? If not maybe I'll do a review if I do purchase it. Thanks.

2. CObowhunter

CObowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    No experience with this particular one, i use a big agnes seedhouse. It is light, easy to set up and offer's a little more protection from the element's. As anyone who has hunted out here before, the weather can turn on you in a heartbeat. I t has worked the best so far.

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If your packing in alone, I think it will suffice. I would pack in an additional tarp for double protection over it. If your going in with a hunting partner I would get a two man ultralight from a top brand, the added weight can be split between you both. The additional protection will be worth the extra weight. I like the idea and satisfaction I get out of doing things minimally when I can...You would be surprised how tuff you are and what you can do without. Go for it....The tent looks sweet!!!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012