Colorado wildfires

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by BJE80, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well now that the disaster is here, upon everyone, it is too late to do much, except evacuate, which is what the LEOs are telling most people in the fire zone to do, according to CNN.

Preparation always needs to be done on a sunny day not on the rainy day of the storm.

2. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :screwy:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

3. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    My wife is freaking out because she went home to Ohio for vacation. Im in Afghanistan right now so there is no one there and our home could go up in flames if they dont get this taken care of. Everything we own is in Colorado springs, except for the clothes her and the kids took with them. Its a totally different story when you are sitting thousands of miles away, unable to do anything at all.

4. 1st Time Hunter

1st Time Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts and prayers go out to your family and everyone else that this fire is or could be affecting. I really hope that it gets under control and you don't lose everything you have worked so hard for. At the very least, you know that yor wife and kids are safe from harm. Good luck!

5. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Me and my wife just came home from out there on 6-20-12. We each have brothers that live in the Denver area. We were out there for 10 days. I think I felt maybe 10 rain drops the whole time we were there. It is unbelievably dry out there, also they have had alot of Beetle kill with the trees in the mountains, this and the extreme heat is just a recipe for disaster. There was only one fatality from the High Park fire while we were there, hopefully that will be the only one. They definately need our prayers out there and some very much needed rain.

6. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cycle or no cycle, measures need to be taken to control the spread. There's always going to be wildfires, hope we plan and react to them is another story.

7. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its gotta suck being there and being powerless.

9. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is still okay to be concerned for our friends and neighbors and their property. Yes, fires are a part of the natural cycle of things but so is death and illness. Life is a journey that comes with risks; it is still okay to lament and share compassion when the journey takes expected but unpredictable turns. May God bless you, our friends in Colorado, we are praying for you.

10. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The scientific answer being given for these wildfires is due to the dryness from the drought.

Also as you see the scenes of the housing areas that were burned over, you can see that these were posh idyllic areas built right up next to the forest.

And forests = fires.

I suppose they all thought "it can happen here."

So nobody bothered to clear firebreaks. That would have been too analytical. They wanted idyllic and posh.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just because someones home is built near a forest, doesn't mean we shouldn't have empathy for them if something happens to their homes.

12. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

Putting my moderator status aside for a moment. You sir, are a real piece of work. Name calling isn't allowed on the forum, but you're an idiot.

So, if another mod wants to reprimand me. Go ahead. I had to speak my mind and say what everyone else is thinking.

13. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its ok Dan. Say your thing.

My point is simply that you reap what you sow. Or so the New Testament tells us.

These folks who are now crying on national tv and will be collecting insurance money soon have reaped what they sowed.

The part that bothers me is that they have all said on tv that they plan to rebuild. Fine. I'm good with that.

If they rebuild in the very same spot, I hope they will put in firebreaks next time.

If they do not put in firebreaks next time, then they have not learned anything at all.

And they are then wasting their insurance money.

14. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its really hard for me to feel sorry for people who are stupid, other than to feel sorry for them being born stupid.

15. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dan, if I asked the following, would it be considered name calling? I don't want to violate and be chastised. "Shoobee, your reputation preceeded you from another site, but I have a serious question for you. Have you always been the northern end of a southbound mule, or is this something you had to work at to acquire?" Please let me know as soon as possible.

16. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Dan and or any other moderator can get mad at me or delete this.
    Shoobee is a complete AZZ
    Everyone of his posts since he has been on here proves it. Just go thru and read his posts on almost every thread.
    He needs to be gone. He is worse than or favorite from the GTG
    Most of you understand what I mean.

17. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But if Shoobee is banned, then Rancid Crabtree would be left talking to himself. I insist this entertainment duo stay in place until the season starts.

Just my opinion.

18. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    lmfao. Nail on the head. I'm almost wondering if its really the same guy. Hmmmmmmmmmmm:screwy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.