With the SCOTUS shoot down obamacare?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Rancid Crabtree, Jun 28, 2012.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    @GABowhunter, I believe it was linked off of the Washington Post/Times (I can't recall which).

Bruce nailed it in a word. Politicians. And you can bet we will continue to hear about it, daily, for just over 4 more months.

2. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks I actually found it on the SCOTUS website. I overlooked it earlier on SCOTUS's site when I posted before.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  4. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Elections are won on the votes of independents and swing voters so todays ruling may be the best thing to happen to the Romney campaign.
    A new Associated Press-GfK poll found that the Affordable Care Act remains unpopular across-the-board -- and particularly among independent swing voters. Indeed, Just a third of Americans overall -- and only 21 percent of independents approve of the law, a new low in AP-GfK polling.

Because this is a huge tax increase on the middle class, the obummer win today may very well be a huge win for Romney and Republicans in the Senate and House this fall.

5. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You are living in fantasy land if you think prices will drop. It will keep rising, the government will continue to find new taxes for us to pay while taking more things away from us and and then waste it away on foolishness. That is how the system works and it isn't going to change. We see the waste of foolishness at every level of government. It is all corrupt.

Tim

6. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He was just kidding. It's hard to tell in an email of forum post if someone is just kidding.

7. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's a lot to hope for Crabtree.

My guess is that if Romney is elected, he won't also get both the Senate and House.

So in that case he will simply go with Obama-care and admit that he likes it because it is just like Romney-care.

:D

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know he was kidding. He is Germ after all !! :) It still torques me off about the government so I had to vent. The sad thing is there are a lot of people who bought that fary tale lie.

Tim

9. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Why cant these people do what is in the hearts and not play the party game. Thats what is wrong with washington right now.

10. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This was interesting:

11. Rancid Crabtree

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldnt call it a hope of mine since I dont think its good for one party to have controll over all three but I think this ultimately works against obummer and the left. I see the healthcare laws being greatly altered by lawmakers to where is is more palletable to the people. That wont happen with a dem president and either seat of the legislature. This might be another showing like the 2008 mid terms where the public throws out a lot of dems. I think the SCOTUS rule is a huge win for the Republicans this fall.

Romney raised 3.2 million dollars yesterday after (and as a result of) the SCOTUS ruling. Taking both the presidency and the Senate is not that far of a stretch and is quite possible.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it was and watch what Stewart did last night to Fox and CNN:lmao:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

I also found it funny Romney is going to appeal the law and then create a new one with all the same benefits, just no way to pay for it. Classic GOP

13. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The answer to that question as enunciated by Boehner is that Boehner sees it as Boehner's job to effect (means make-happen) a turnover of leadership, rather than live within the leadership that the populace has chosen.

Back when Reagan was pres, the demo's at least showed some cooperation with him. This was true also when GW Bush was pres. The demo's did not want to look obstructionist.

During the Clinton and the Obama presidencies, the repub's have not been too ashamed about being obstructionists. Whether the obstructionist lable will stick or not time only will tell in November.

Boehner in the meanwhile is developing the same reputation as Newt Gingrich has, and therefore if Boehner has any other long term goals in mind for himself, he can probably forget it, same as Newt found out this year himself. You reap what you sow. Boehner is the cause of the current contention, and he will sow appropriately.

14. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just like putting lipstick on a pig, no matter what happens for Romney it won't make much of a difference.

The man is a liar and a flip flopper. All he has done is change his tune again, simply because the old tune was not working at all.

It may be that the new "Affordable Healtcare Law" becomes so popular in the coming months, that the entire Congress both House and Senate are turned over to the Democratic Party.

So be careful what you wish for, in terms of swings.

As much as I hate Boehner, the man is usefull in a small way. He puts the brakes on anything radical that the Demo party wants to do.

15. Rancid Crabtree

Dislikes Received:
    Ummmmmmm, yeah, thats going to happen. THe biggest tax increase in recent history and the Fed Government taking over your healthcare is going bo be super popular with people. :lmao:

16. Shoobee

Shoobee Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Crabtree, the tax does not kick in until April 15, 2015 and in the first year it is only $95 dollars each.

Give me a break.

You are grasping at straws to get your man Mitt installed in the White House.

Just trust me that it will not happen. And no miracle will make it happen. Your man is a liar and a flip flopper and a corporate raiding thief.

Maybe in 2016 when Hillary runs against Jeb or Chris, there will be a chance for a GOP victory over the White House. Maybe after 4 more years the Body Politic will be tired of social progressivism for awhile again. Maybe and maybe not. Remember that the "Reagan Revolution" lasted 3 terms? (Reagan 1980, Reagan 1984, and GHW Bush 1988.) It is possible that the Obama Revolution will also last at least that long. And that would be your own worst nightmare huh?

Sorry to bring you the sad news. But reality is not always pretty.

17. Rancid Crabtree

Dislikes Received:
    You are not dealing in reality but rather a wishful mode. I expect a Romney win and perhaps a overtaking of the Senate. As I said, I dont consider that great news as no one party should hold all the power but its clear the public is not interested in keeping the current president in office. He will be the new Jimmy Carter.