Alabama Newb here

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by mdycrk, Jun 26, 2012.

1. mdycrk

mdycrk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good evening. Alabama newbie here.
    31 years young, and have been hunting my entire life. Trying to get back into bow hunting. I picked up a z7 last year from a friend of mine, and working on getting back into the swing of it.
    I joined the forum last year, and started a little bit but trying to get started even earlier this year and keep getting better. Haven't shot in a while, but planning on starting my trek forward tomorrow afternoon. I travel about 75% of the time so it makes it hard to shoot often, especially with a wife working a revolving schedule. Gotta keep her happy!! :)
    Hunt Northern Alabama, South Central Kentucky and working on some family property in Iowa. Thanks for all the information on here and look forward to learning a lot!!

2. RoyC

RoyC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site and back to the sport

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the forum, glad you're here :tu:

4. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Aboard!

5. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
  6. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    welcome, I'm in huntsville also.

7. hornhunter

hornhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site !!!

8. mdycrk

mdycrk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    War Eagle to you to by the way!! Thanks.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the welcomes.

Got out today shooting my bow again finally. I've been having some issues when I was shooting...I would draw on the target, and as soon as I would hit my anchor point. Never aiming really. One of the guys at the shop today watched me and explained it as Target Panic. Never really heard of it before. Made me feel like a COMPLETE idiot while I was with my buddy at the techno hunt today. I got my new z7 last year, about oh...May maybe. Wanted to get back into it and thought it was going to be great! Had all these grand ideas of arrowing my first, yes, first, hunted for years but never killed one with a bow, and being all excited. Paired up with a buddy and shot at lunch a few days at the local Gander Mountain. Not sure when I noticed it, but it started getting worse. My shooting was terrible. So, she got put in the case and was pretty much left there until now.
    Called a buddy up lately and wanted to go shoot again. Local shop has a technohunt league going on, so I thought that would be good. The closer I got to this afternoon the more anxious I was feeling, almost to the point of calling him to say hey, let's just wait til another time. Of course, he would have jerked my mancard so I went ahead and lead me to meeting the guy that started helping me get over it. Felt GREAT once he talked me through it all, made me shoot with my eyes closed and helped me start getting through it. I think I'm a long way from "cured" but I know I'll be up at daylight in the morning, standing about 5 feet from my morel bag, drawing, centering and "squeezing" my release instead of jerking it. Never really knew a bow pull gets done with the shoulders and back, not finger!!!
    Really looking forward to in the morning now!!!

9. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

10. AUbowhunter

AUbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What pro shop did you go to? I usually go to full draw archery, and they have a way of making you feel dumb. I got to go this week and get my timing adjusted and new rest put on. If you want to shoot sometime, you can send me a private message.

11. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome from another "new guy";)