scent blocker and under armour

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by troyhynes, Jun 28, 2012.

1. troyhynes

troyhynes Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Where is the cheapest place to buy scent blocker and under armour? The 2nd question i have is, is it worth the money for the scent blocker clothing vs scent killer spray on cheaper clothing?

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My advice on the first question is there isn't typically one spot that will be cheapest...some places may typically be lower but with the more expensive stuff you gotta just keep eye out for deals constantly. The 2nd question is a loaded one, and the quickest way for me to answer is if your trying to cut corners in your scent control why bother to attempt it? If you get high dollar scent control clothes...STILL USE THE SPRAY STUFF....I'm slowly transitioning to top quality base layer scent control stuff now and will still use the same ridiculous scent routine I always have (and actually adding more steps this year!).

3. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Most of those higher end brands are not discounted heavily and a lot of sporting goods stores exclude them from coupon offers. Under Armour doesn't even send their hunting gear to their outlet stores. If you are set on one of those two brands, be prepared to pay for them. I personally like the cut and feel of the UA products. Now you will get a lot of debate as to whether they actually work or not. Best thing with whatever you buy, use the wind to your favor and still buy the spray either way.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

4. questprimal27

questprimal27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    x2 buy the spray either way.

UA stuff is in their outlets but it is rare. I just came across some camo cold gear marked down from 70 bucks to 19.99. I didn't need it but I bought it anyway because it was such a deal.

I'm a big fan of scentblocker personally. You just want to buy this stuff in the off season to get it on sale. Sportsmans warehouse had the freak nasty pants that normally retail at 100 for 60 bucks in May. Just have to frequent the stores in the off season to get deals, dont expect to pay any less in season or even a few months before season starts.

5. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's good to have your head wrapped around scent control but don't rely on just any one thing.

Hunt the wind first and foremost and be aware of your scent.

6. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im an owner of both scentblocker and UA apparel. As far as scent cotrol goes..if u go out there smellin like a pigs a$$..your gonna get busted, whether u have scentblocker clothing or not. Scent control is a multiple step process, starting off contolling scent at the source, yourself. I bathe in scent kill soap and keep all my base layers and outter layers in a scent proof container, usually with a wafer in there of some sort. I wash my clothes before season in scent kill detergent and store my clothes in the container to and from the field. I apply scent kill spray before going to stand and once in the stand. First and foremost, hunt the wind. No matter how much scent control techniques you apply, you are still able to get busted. I don't believe there is anything that can completely kill the human scent. Just my opinion.

7. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    hunt the wind....hunt the wind....hunt the wind....only thing is do you guys really expect a mature buck (unless hunting stupid unpressured deer) to tail wind through the woods right to you and not move into the wind like their instincts tell them.

8. Justin Hushbeck

Justin Hushbeck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been debating between Under Armour's new scent control base layer or Sitka's merino wool base layer and am kinda leaning toward Sitka because I think the scent factor will last longer and if you look around online on something like Amazon you can find your brands discounted pretty nicely.

9. Cornhusker

Cornhusker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been bowhunting for thirty years and about seven years ago bought some scentlok bibs and a coat. I gotta tell ya that it is in my opinion a night and day difference hunting without. Dont solely rely on it but it makes a huge difference. I cant tell you the number of times I know it has kept me from getting busted. :rock:

10. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am torn between synthetic materials and merino wool. It would appear synthetics have better wicking properties however the merino wool does better on scent control and are warmer in cold conditions and even possibly cooler in warm conditions. I am thinking about mixing the two. E.G. Use UA heargear next to skin and First Lite merino wool shirt over the top for both warm and cool /cold weather.

11. MAJOR LEAGUE

MAJOR LEAGUE Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Under armour

under armour has the best base layer caputre scent and hunting clothing line. Keep you warm and light. Fit on a person well. I have the entire collection, but im also am sponsored by u.a. I have already receive the new line of scent control. It can be pricey but well worth it.

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    This is meant with respect, but your opinion cannot be taken serious just because of your affiliation with them. It is good stuff no doubt, I'm currently trying to decide which base layer manufacturer to go with. When does the Scent Control stuff actually become available so I can see how much blood and plasma I have to give to be able to buy just one layer. :D

13. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Their new line is already available. I am sure I saw it on Cabela’s website.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    really? well gonna go price it out.

15. MAJOR LEAGUE

MAJOR LEAGUE Newb

Dislikes Received:
    U.a. New scent control

Beleive it or not under armour has some of the line out on bass pro.com or cabelas. Type scent control in search. It scent to release in july.

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    all I'm finding is there past line stuff...oh well I'm probably going with scent blocker...but we'll see.

17. MAJOR LEAGUE

MAJOR LEAGUE Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Scent blocker

SCENT BLOCKER, IM SURE ITS A GREAT PRODUCT. BUT IT DOESNT KEEP YOU WARM AS uNDER ARMOUR WILL. YOU CAN SWEAT IN IT AND IT WILL DRY OUT PRETTY QUICK.

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    If I sell my motorcycle I'll probably get a little from both lines....the only thing I wish is I could get just one lightweight UA and not one coldgear and one hotgear...just double the profits and I get it, but man makes me not want to. Motorcycle moves I'll probably grab the hotgear base layer for early season and maybe scentblocker's heavy baselayer for late season and build from there.

19. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  20. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/find-a-store
    Have an outlet store close to me, I can find great deals there. I have multiple warm gear shirts, black and camo. I have yet to get any of their cold gear as I think what I have now works fine. This past year was new to me as I did absolutely nothing to control my scent and still had great success in killing and seeing lots of deer. I would wash my clothes every so often with scent detergent but that was about it. I didnt even keep my clothes in the "earth" scented totes like I normally would of. My father-in-law is the one that is big with scent blocker gear and like stated above you have to alway be watching for the items you want if/when they ever go on sale.