New F150

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Muzzy Man, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Must be a regular cab at that length?

2. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new ride! You're going to love it!

On my second f-150 now. Previously had the XLT supercrew, but stepped it up on my second go around. My '10 lariat supercrew is going strong at 70k miles. Nothing but oil changes so far. I don't think I'd consider ever buying anything but an f-150.

3. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If there are no pics it didn't happen. (At least that's what I was told my first year on the forums.)

C'mon. Where are the pics?

4. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Would have preferred to get her cleaned up a bit first but here she is. Can't wait to do a little customizing. Any suggestions?

Photo06221214.jpg

P.S. The Dufus in the reflection with the Cell Phone Cam is yours truly.

5. Rancid Crabtree

Rancid Crabtree Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks nice but I really hate those tiny boxes. Only once did I by a short box truck and it was a mistake. I just bought a new Dodge Ram last year and got the 8 foot box. It was a struggle to get as everybody seems to want a short box for some reason. I value a truck for its hauling capacity and bed size. THe other Dodge ram I own has the short box so I gave it to my son when he came home from Basic training.

6. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, the larger box is nice and very much more handy. I do like the looks of the shorter one a little better. The issue in town is turning into parking spaces with both the supercrew and the longer bed. I was torn between the Dodge 1500 and the F150 4X4s.Two things that sold me was 1. The seats fold up and I can actually use the rear compartment for a temp camper; it is that roomy and there is no hump. 2. I love the Ford head restraints in both the front and rear... silly? maybe... but my son and I were creamed by a Chevy Blazer going 60 (est.) while we were sitting still. We walked away with practically zero whiplash. Thankfulness for that quality bought Ford a little extra loyalty. The Ram head restraints are also nice however. I really like my Dad's Ram and I came within a handshake of purchasing one with a 5.7 Hemi instead of the F150. I really like my choice though.

7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking truck! It's the perfect color. I'm red/green colorblind and blue is about the only color I can see well, which is why my truck, my car, my boat and my fourwheeler are all blue.

Personally, I'm trying to hold out for an F-250 diesel King Ranch. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

8. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    That will be awesome for you... I hope it happens soon!

9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Oops. I forgot my "scarcasm" emoticon after "It's gonna happen." :D

I'll probably end up settling on the F-150 as well. I wonder if I can order one with the super crew cab and a full 8 foot bed? I'm not worried about parking it. I'll still have the "blue bomber" to run around town if I need to.

10. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, I priced a 4x4 F250 Diesel in an XL package that had everything I wanted without the electronic gizmos that I really could live without that was within about $2000 of my XLT 150. With a little compromise... you may be able to get the 250. Don't give up on your dream. The King Ranch may be a little too ambitious for me however.

11. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice truck Muzzy!!!

Did you look at getting the 6.5ft bed instead of the shorty? Thats the only thing I would change, otherwise you got one nice unit there that should last for a long time!

12. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. Yeah, we looked at them all... I don't recall seeing an 8 footer on a supercrew 150 though. Turning radius is a big deal with the longer beds and I use trailers to haul larger loads anyway.

13. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    That is a real nice truck. Havent been disappointed with mine at all. I got an '11 back in august. That was one thing I was struggling with. Get the Supercrew with the 5.5 bed. or the Supercab with the 6.5 bed. Personally I had to go with the 6.5ft bed. Granted I lack a few inches in the rear seat, however only my kids ride back there so it wasnt a big deal.

14. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be getting another truck in 10 months when this one is paid off and my wife takes ownership.:D Surely I can special order a super crew cab F150 with a 6.5' bed or an 8' bed. It's got to be possible.

15. USarmyMP

USarmyMP Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Midwest Ohio and anywhere the army sends me.
    You can special order the 6.5 bed, or at least thats what I was told. But the 8 ft bed isnt an option.

16. RoyC

RoyC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice truck muzzy. My father in law bought his new f150 a few months ago and he likes it. I would like to have one of those new mega cab dodge trucks but I can't make myself spend 50k on a truck. Not to mention, my 04 4x4 with a cummins only has 120k miles and it is paid for. Enjoy that new truck

17. VA_Bowhunter

VA_Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    F150's are about the best you can buy, IMO. I just bought a 2011, which was an upgrade from my 2005. I would have never guessed they upgraded so much in just a 6 year period. We now have two F150's, an 05 and a 2011 and I wouldn't trade either of them for nothing. Congrats on your purchase man.

18. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    She's purdy! Congrats again :tu:

19. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone, no complaints thus far except I wish I had gotten Michelin tires in the deal. They just seem to give a more stable/firmer ride. I am thankful my 14 year old is tech savy because all the electronic stuff is kind of weird to figure out. But I am absolutely enjoying the truck and averaging right at 17 MPG around town. I can't wait for the first buck to go in the bed this fall. Am looking forward to a little customizing as well.