The Wrath By Strother & The Answer By Elite

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by youngfart, May 14, 2012.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone shot either of these bows? We don't have a dealer of either type of bow up here and what I've read and reviewed ,there both a hunter's bow and quite a bit cheaper than the top 3 bow makers. Over on Archerytalk people are trading in their Heli M 's for the new Wrath.You can't get either make for at least a 3 week waiting period. Confused as to which way I want to go as I don't like the feel of the Heli M and the cost difference is huge. Any help would be apreciated!
    Thanks Rocky

2. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have shot both the 60# and 70# versions of the Elite Answer. It was really hard not replacing my GT500 for that bow. As for the Wrath, I have not shot it ....yet. The shop I frequent sells both of the bows in question so I do plan on trying that bow out soon.

The Answer is unbelievably smooth with a back wall valley that you could nearly hold all day long.

3. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both great bows. For hunting, you can't go wrong with the Wrath/Rush or the Answer/Hunter. If you want smaller and lighter, go with the Wrath or Hunter. The Wrath has an 8" brace which might suit you well hunting up there with alot of clothing on.
    It was a tough choice between all of them. I like the draw of the Elites a little better, and ended up with the Answer, and have no regrets!

4. livin4therut

livin4therut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Every year i buy a new bow and every year after shooting every brand i can, i have always ended up with the same brand because they just feel and shoot better for me. This year i already had a bow on order and shot an answer at the wisconsin deer expo and it blew me away( along with elites other offering). So i cancelled my ordet and had to drive an hour and a half to the closest elite dealer to get an answer. After shooting it for a month now i would drive twice that to get another one if need be.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Answer was far and away the nicest bow I shot in 2012....great back wall and very dead on the shot. It was a breeze to tune also. I had mine set up and shooting super in less then a weak. I can't see how you can go wrong. Btw I have the smooth mods...plenty fast enough and I liked the feel much better.

6. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People trading in bows on Archery Talk is about as revealing as people ordering a beer at the bar. Equipment is more important than actually hunting over there.

That said, I'm sure both bows are great options. I know I personally would have had to pay MORE for an Elite than the HeliM I bought, so IDK where the money numbers are coming from unless there is a weird price scheduling for your local dealer.

7. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both great bows. I have shot them both this year. If I was buying one right now it would definitely be the wrath. If it wasnt the wrath it would be the elite hunter.

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Tembry
    Elite Answer $750.00, Heli M $1020.00. course that's buying the Heli M up here and the Answer down in the states. Thanks for the response guys, I have it narrowed down to the Answer and The Wrath $750.00 for the Answer and $799.00 for The Wrath. I'll let you know what I get! be a while yet though.
    Rocky

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting, Rocky. I was quoted 850 for the Answer and 750 for the Wrath?
    You can also pick up a used Answer and have a full warranty, not so with the Strother line.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I paid 850 for my answer, the first new bow I bought in 10 years....I usually buy a bow a year...but always last years model that some one wants to move.....figure I let them take the hit.

The answer was different, I shot it and I wanted it right then. I took it home form the shop that day....

11. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! Know anyone wanting HeliMs up there? May start a mail order business haha. I got the HeliM for 6something, but I'd have to dig out the invoice for the exact amount.

Regardless, they are all great choices!

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Feb
    This is for The Wrath, I had it wrong bud, with Stab and 2 piece Quiver by Tightspot in Predator Camo 7 ¼ stabilizer 100 shipped or 90 shipped with bow purchase
    Quiver 1piece 119 shipped or 109 shipped with bow purchase
    Quiver 2 piece 129 shipped or 119 shipped with bow purchase

Bow with accessories purchase 735 shipped

Eric James
    Bean Outdoors

The Answer with bow stab and quiver by Tightspot in snow camo
    Eric
    Can you give a price with an 8 inch stab and a quiver in the snow camo and bow ?
    Rocky
    On 2012-05-12, at 10:24 AM, Eric James wrote:

The quivers are made by tightspot
    Elite bows are 750 shipped
    Quiver and stabs to match ap snow are available

3week approximate lead time
    Rocky