Reconyx HC500

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Jpm5107, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Jpm5107

Jpm5107 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm currently thinking about buying a Reconyx HC500 and am curious as to how other users like this game camera. Does anyone have this type, and if so, what are your thoughts on it? How are the night photos...clear, too dark, blurry, etc... If you have any sample night photos could you post them... I just want to hear about the HC500 and see photos from real people, not the reconyx site's promo photos. Also, is it worth getting this camera over the HC600, or is the black flash not a big plus and the IR flash on the HC 500 is good enough?

Thanks
    Jon

2. Buckaddict

Buckaddict Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMO if you're going to spend that much money on a camera, you might as well spend that extra to go with no-glow and get the HC600..I don't have any HC500's so I can't really speak for them -I'm sure they're great cameras- but I don't like red glow so I went a little extra and got HC600's. Jmho

3. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought the HC 600 this year. I will be using it for security around the house and to catch trespassers on my hunting property. These cams are amazing, as their slogan says"SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING" is sooo true. I have cams from Bushnell, Moultrie and WGI. The Bushnells are awesome for the $$$ but NO OTHER CAMERA can compare to the Reconyx. You will love the Rapid Fire Near Video feature. As long as it detects something in the detection zone, it will be taking images. I have experimented with mine just in my front yard so far, it has taken over 4000 images.......there is something in all images, no false triggers.

4. leadoperator

leadoperator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. Jpm5107

Jpm5107 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the feedback, any additional info is welcomed. If anyone actually has the HC 500, I would love to hear anything you have to say about it. Photo samples. etc...

6. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just make sure what you want in a cam, video,plot,sound, mp rating,and price range,and warranty, true black or low glow flash or red stoplight flash, cell or e-mail pics and price $$ The market has caught up and some even passed. Look at the dlc cams coming out or the ltl acorn mm cams.