Buyer Beware!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BigUTMuleys, Apr 3, 2012.

1. BigUTMuleys

BigUTMuleys Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys!

Just wanted to get an FYI out to everyone tonight.

I recently purchased a "new" 2010 elite z-28 from eBay seller ArcheryElementsCom (ArcheryElements.com).. This baby is a Frankenstein of bows and arrived with damaged strings.. (it does look nice and i cant wait to go shoot it after i pay to have the strings replaced) however i also found out today from Elite that this bow will not be covered by elite for warranty because all of the components are left overs from the G5 break up.

His listings are stating full lifetime warranty, but come to find out it is just through him.. i tried to get him to replace the strings and provide a partial refund, but he wouldn't own up to his end of the bargain.

I wouldn't recommend buying from the guy.

Has anyone else bought from this guy?

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should be covered under Ebay's buyer protection policy. File immediatly!

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Something many people do not know is that most bow manufacturers do not warranty a bow that is bought online. Not all manufacturers are like this but, Hoyt, Bowtech, Mathews and some others have this policy. The warranties on most are not transferable either.

Like Heckler said, get with eBay ASAP!

4. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Luckily for me I have not had to use the Elite warranty( http://www.elitearchery.com/warranty/ ), but my neighbor had to last year with his Elite Pure. He had a rattle with every shot that the archery shop would not deal with as they closed out their archery section of their store. He contacted Elite and they took care of his issue by completely replacing the riser as there was an issue with the string stop where it was drilled/tapped into the riser. They placed his strings back on the bow and sent it back no questions asked. The funny thing is that the 2012 lineup for Elite has a different method of locking down the string stop rod so it must have been an issue with numerous bows/customers.

That is too bad that they will not warranty the bow even with parts/assembly from another vendor (G5). I have seen the listings on ebay for this guy. Thanks for letting us know more details about his business!!! Good luck!

5. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good point, however, Elite's warranty is far from such...

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a bit confused here. Per Elite's website their warranty policy is as such.

Given this, I don't see why they would not warranty a bow made in 2010. Furthermore, I was under the impression that Grace (G5) made components for Elite bows for quite a few years before they started using another supplier. I would have a hard time believing they're not going to warranty any of those bows that were made from 2008-2011.

7. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had a buddy of mine just purchase his first bow online 2 weeks ago. I had him call the manufacturer a few times to make sure that he got he same answer from each person as to weather they would cover the bow with any warranty issues. He even was able to record the conversations and get the employee names recorded.

Sucks this happened and hope that it gets resolved. I'm with Justin on this not understanding why they would not cover it just because the accessory line has changed that they are using now. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

8. ngabowhunter

ngabowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate the warranty is void, but he should have told you the strings was shot. And then you would have decided if you still wanted it. But in all honestly unless someone said it had new strings I would expect to replace strings on a used bow.

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "New" implies a bow that has a good string, regardless if it has been shot or not. That is if it was advertised as "new".

10. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    +1 to this...

11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those bows are NOT covered by Elite. Most people that buy them are happy with them, if you're OK with not having a warranty.
    Buying an Elite online is not the problem, it's these bows only, that were put together by G5. The only way to protect yourself is to get the serial number, and call Elite.

12. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with Justin on this one. If it is an Elite and a 2010 bow, it should have the transferable warranty that they offer. Unless that is something tht started in 2011?

13. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Elite will warranty their bows even if your the tenth owner. Doesn't matter if you buy it online, at a yard sale or a dealer.

These bows were not made by elite. They weren't assembled by elite. Elite didn't sell them and never made any $ on them. Therefore they aren't covered. They are being put together from leftover parts from an old contract.

Unfortunately, about the only way to find this out is to contact elite and provide the serial# to confirm before buying.

14. ARYAN1

ARYAN1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the 2010 Z28's made by G5 had the berger holes drilled too low thats why Elite never accepted and sold them

15. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    So if the bow was made by G5, and Elite never accepted or sold them, how did they get into the marketplace? IMO if it has the Elite name on it, it should be covered under their warranty policy.

16. JJD

JJD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If The Elite name is on the bow and Elite is not covering them and did not find them acceptable to sell, then they should bring suit agaist anyone putting their name on the bow. It's how bad reputations are made. Hard to take care of if they are coming out of China. I know of several electronics companies who are having to deal with this issue. Study anything on e-bay, Craigs List, etc VERY carefully before purchase.