Need everyones help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jake/PA, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Okay ladies and gentlemen.. Im going with a whole new sets up. Saying good bye to my truth 2 very soon and starting fresh because now I have a better idea of what I want. So I needs everyones assistant because you guys know a lot more than me.

First, the bow. I have yet to decided on one. I plan on making a trip to lancaster archery to shoot some and see what I like. My truth 2 is nice but the mistake was made by not shooting other bows and going with what my friend had. The mathews bows seem pretty sick but Im open to anything. If you guys have any suggestions on which ones to try out, feel free to say something.

Next, the arrow. Im not that knowledgeable on arrow spines and front weight and so forth but Im leaning toward the New Easton Full metal jacket arrows with deep six inserts. The broad head will be the 100 grain NAP spitfire. I plan on doing the right helical fletching and speed nocks or just regular nocks?? Again, any suggestions are appreciated. This is where I NEED most help.

The rest and sight. I had a NAP apache drop away rest for my truth 2 and its seemed to work fine but it was sometimes a pain to get the arrow in the rest. So I am leaning toward the QAD ultra rest because of you can easily put arrow in from the side. I haven't made decision on sight yet. I might go with 4 pin sight or 1 pin adjustable.

The release. I have been using a tru fire wrist release with buckle but not biggest fan. I like the tru ball short n sweet. Not sure If anyone has that or not and Im not sold on it.

Well thats my planned set up. I might make some changes but those are the main things that I'm leaning toward. Having the fastest bow is not important. I want to take down animals and might shoot at some competitions at a bow club. What do you guys think? and is there anything that doesn't make sense or better suggestion? Thanks everyone for your help.

2. td8541

td8541 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know what your price range is, but shoot a Insanity if they have one or a Assassin if you want to save some cash. Both are great bows. Lancaster would be the perfect shop to shoot bows. Try them all out and decide. As for rest, I really love QAD's for hunting. When you buy your equipment, send me a PM with all your specs and I'll run the numbers for you and give you some arrow options. Have fun shooting all the bows.

3. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't really have price range. Just want to get a bow that feels comfortable to me and I can use for years. Thanks I will be sure to do that.

4. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    get what fits you best but, try out hoyt

5. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the PSE's Dream season EVO , and EVO 7 are very nice. and if price isnt't a factor the PSE OMEN for sure.

6. dj-skyy

dj-skyy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    if i wasn't saving up for a shotty, i would probably purchase the bowtech insanity cpx as a 2nd bow.....i'm a speed/ke type of guy though... :evilgrin:

7. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just upgraded my setup as well, I went with the mathews z7x (it had less hand shock than the heli-m in my opinion), QAD rest, and FMJ arrows. I love the way these 3 work together. You wont be disappointed with the setup you have mentioned in your original post.

8. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any bow that feel great for you is the one you want. As far as arrows I suggest either ot2 or taps programs before you buy your arrows. This will aid in finding the correct spined arrow at the weight you want. Everything else you choose buy quaility so it lasts any drop away is great.

9. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks everyone. Ill be sure to try out those bows and then some.