looking for San Diego mentor/hunting partner

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by fornelli, Mar 2, 2012.

1. fornelli

fornelli Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone going to be out hunting turkeys in the San Diego area that would be willing to let me go along? I'd love to get out and do some scouting and learn from someone with more experience than me (and I have absolutely NO experience yet).

2. fornelli

fornelli Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, let me try a different approach. It doesn't *need* to be in San Diego. I'm willing to travel to your area.

I've never hunted before but would really like to get out and give it a try.
    Since I don't know what I'm doing, I figure I could ask if any of you would be willing to let me come out so you could offer me some mentoring...?

Right now I'm interested in hunting pig and/or turkey. Not sure what season dates are for you but here in California, archery turkey season is 3/31-5/20 and pig is year round.

3. rb4123

rb4123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm also a non-experienced turkey hunter, but live in southern California and will be going sometime this season. Let me know when you want to go and if I can manage that, we can learn (fail) together. (went pig hunting up north in February with no luck).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  4. fornelli

fornelli Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sent you a PM, rb.