Cable came off the cam on my PSE EDGE 1050s how screwed am I ???

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by iowahunter123, Feb 26, 2012.

1. iowahunter123

iowahunter123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :cry:

I JUst got this bow about 3 weeks ago. Took it to the pro shop and asked about new string and cable. The Guy said it was still in good shape. Long story short I got a new bone collector sight today in the mail. put it on and went to draw the bow back to see how it looked threw the peep. When I drew the bow some how lining on my soft case got caught in the bottom cam between the cam and the cable and popped the cable out of its track. It is now pressed tightly aginst the other part of the cable and I can see a tiny bit of the metal cable threw the plastic coating were the two have come together. Looks as if the presser of the two against each other stripped a little of the coating. Sorry if I am not using the right terms I am new to archery and this was my first bow. I paid $125 for the whole package thinking I would start cheap and see if I liked it or not.

My question is what do I do now? I would guess I will need to take it into a bow shop and have them look at it. Will I need a new cable sence the coating is messed up right in the area that would go into the cam? I would guess yes, but like I said I know next to nothing about it. Next question is it worth it? The re-string is gonna be $75. more than half the price of the bow and every thing that came with it. Also Could this throw anything off on the bow its self?

2. iowahunter123

Dislikes Received:
  3. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i've had a bow derail before on me and it also was a pse. It ended up needing string and cable with limbs and cams. Thank god for pse having a rep that had her bow due the same due to cam lean. Take it to a pro shop and looked at. At the end of the day the total price will tell you what to do. IMHO you will need string and cable with at least the axle where it popped

4. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    (I think I hear the sound of Taps playing quietly in the background........)

5. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Contact PSE directly first, not a dealer. Listen to what they tell you. Customer Service: 1-520-884-9065

They have been around a long time and have a great reputation for fairness.

6. iowahunter123

Dislikes Received:
    Called PSE. They said to send it in or take it to a dealer and have them look at it and see if there is damage to the cam or the rest of the bow and have a new cable/string put on if there is no damage. its $65 plus shipping to get it done at PSE so I think I will just take it to the shop and see what they say. In the end I may just buy a new bow and give away or sell this one at a low price with the warning that it needs new string/cable. it sucks that I just got this bow and really like the way it shoots but I got a cheap used bow in the idea that I would try it and see if I enjoyed the sport before I threw a bunch of money into it. Come to find out I do enjoy it ALOT so I guess it was money well spent even if I didnt get to shoot this bow as long as I had hoped.

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is this what happened?

[video=youtube_share;AJoxJJjcQFU]http://youtu.be/AJoxJJjcQFU[/video]

8. iowahunter123

Dislikes Received:
    lol no. almost as stupid but no. I was sitting down (first mistake) and when I pulled back and the cam turned it somehow got the fabric of my soft case caught in between the cam and the cable, forcing the cable off of the track.

9. Jacob Haus

Jacob Haus Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You should be able to get away a lot cheaper than that. Without looking at the bow, I can't say anything for certain, but you may not even need to replace anything. Take it into a dealer and see what they have to say. A little wear on the serving/plastic isn't the end of the world, but pse will tell you to replace any damaged cable for liability reasons. I saw this a lot at the shop I worked at and most of the time I could just pop the string/cable back on track and everything was fine, especially on the slightly older bows. It's nothing to take lightly though, so have a pro check it out. A mid line set of strings and cable shouldn't run more than $50 though and you could get by with a cheaper, lower quality set.

10. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    That seems pretty reasonable to me... I would send it in to PSE. Look at it this way, the bow is worthless as is. If you can get it fixed for 65.00, you can at least sell it. Besides you said you liked the way it shoots.

11. iowahunter123

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the local bow shop yesterday. Ended up walking out with a new PSE stinger G3, 6 new Easton carbon storm arrows, new hard case, new tru-fire 3d hunter release, new peep, and a new wisker bisket style rest (forget the brand of the rest). Damn that guy for using Reverse psychology by not pressering me to buy anything and putting my cable back on track for free. :D Think I got a good deal though. every thing I got matched the lowest prices I found on Ebay.

12. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Great, welcome to "Budget Overload Central" with the rest of us gotta have it too hosers.