Hey from KS!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by kansasjosh, Feb 6, 2012.

1. kansasjosh

kansasjosh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to swing by and say hey to all my shed freak friends on here and wish you all good luck this season. For some reason I totally spaced the contest this year and finally realized I better see how it's going over here! Looks like Team 5 is going to be hard to beat again this year (imagine that!).

I'm having a good year so far and am already up a few from this time last year...and a couple good ones too! (I know - this thread would be better with pics). Got tons of new ground this year so it is going to be good. I'll make sure to swing back when I find a giant :rock:

Pretty pumped about my biggest dead head ever that I got last week. 165 gross and 157 on the 8 point frame. Been learning antler repair and custom painting so this will be another nice project for down the road. Good luck again guys!!

IMG_5560e copy.jpg IMG_5566e.jpg

2. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to see you around again, Josh. I haven't found any sheds yet, but have only been out once for like an hour. Still have about half my bucks with antlers though. Congrats on the dead head, its a nice one!

If you get good at antler repair and painting, I have a 182" dead head that needs fixing :tu: :lol:

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry you didn't get signed up in time. I always like seeing how you do so don't be a stranger !!! Post pictures of all your sheds if want. Big or small... it doesn't matter to us.

All the teams look very good. We've got our work cut for us just to stay in the running... let alone win it again. This has the making of being a very good contest this year. The last two were fun and touch and go until the end. This one is going to be a nail biter !!

Tim

4. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Tim and Cole!!! Yeah wish I would have remembered sooner especially cause I can't get in the big shed contest....what's up with that!? I was going to win that one this year!

Yeah I will have to get some pics up. Got 2 more yesterday!!

Cole I'll keep you in mind on that dead head....still learning right now and just practicing on old sheds but hope to take some jobs down the road. Just want to make sure I know what I'm doing first!:lol: I'll post up some pics of projects someday too.

5. KC j23

KC j23 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    NIce more members from the great state of KS nice.

Hey kansas Josh can you post a pic of your avatar so I can see it a little better, that is an amazing rack. Is it a whitetail can't tell from the small avatar pic.

6. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  7. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Thought I had my first set of the year in the binos the other day but the far one is an oldie. It's a nice one though and I'll be back in here for sure!

[​IMG]

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice !!! That would be fun walking up on from a distance !! They just keep getting bigger !! :)

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some dandys for sure! Congrats!

10. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Dawg! See you're having a good year so far too congrats! I'm having a good season here so far and looks like they are slightly early here. I'm up 8 on this time last year! Got another good one yesterday. Nice and heavy...going back to try and get the match today.

[​IMG]

11. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Well didn't get the match but had an awesome afternoon anyway...scooped 5 more out of this new spot and found this giant about 100 yards from the big one the day before. So looks like this new spot is going to be a honey hole! It's last years but unbelievably doesn't have a single chew mark on it. Pumped and hope he is still alive and sheds around here this year.

[​IMG]

12. UPbowhunter

UPbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice finds and great pics dude!

13. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Josh, great to see you, you are a shed finding machine! Wish we would have landed you on our team! Anyway, keep a thread here and keep us up on your finds, I follow you on facebook too. I am looking forward to having a big season myself! I have a ton of new ground to run, its exciting!

14. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Troy we don't get to talk enough these days bud! Hope all is good your way. New ground is the name of the game man. Cool to see my homework since last season is paying off so far. Good luck out there...stay in touch brother and match em up!!

15. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good too hear from you Josh, it's been awhile. We will have to get in touch bud! Keep up the good work, looks like you have a great spot to hunt this year. It will be exciting to see your outcome. I hope you harvest a brute buddy! I'm working on some new spots as well, that I'm dying to get on and scout and find sheds. One spot hasn't been hunted for over 12 years, so that will be exciting to walk, plus it is 500 acres with alittle over 100 acres of timber.

16. kansasjosh

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Ryan sorry I missed your message hope all is good your way brother!!

Been meaning to get a new pic up here just been too busy shedding!! haha. So finally after 2 weeks I got the match to the big clean 5 side from the pics above...and it is bigger than the first side!! 74 on this one and while I was shooting some film on it quite a few flocks started coming in to feed right before last light so got lucky with some pics too. Hope you guys are finding some good ones!!

[​IMG]

17. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    awesome season you have going Josh. keep it up, loving the pictures your sanpping!

18. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice picture!