The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Contest ended yesterday, Will .... if he did shoot something, it needed to be reported by midnight ....

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Alrighty then, I guess we all need to slip over to the Team 27's thread and extend to them our congratulations.

All good things come to an end, but that doesn't mean we have to stop growing...We'll be back!

3. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team 6, thanks for the congrats to us (team 27). I agree with Tony (peakrut) that the top 3 teams should remain intact. Great job as it was a close race nearly throughout the season. Best of luck to each of you in 2012!!

Mike

4. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One hell of a run we had, guys. It's been such a great time being on this team, hard to believe it's over, and all we needed was one deer. Unbelievable!
    All you have to do is look at the scorecards for the past two years, to see this team was for real!
    I won't soon forget any of it, and hope we all stay in touch.
    Congrats to 27!

5. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't tell you guys what a nail biter this was for me the last few days. I think I got frost bite looking at my phone to see if thre were updates and I was recently pm'ing Isaiah and even joked that it would be too cold and windy to hunt Illinois over the weekend. I am all good if they want to keep the top three teams, we were all within a deer of winning and it and it was a blast. I truly thought you guys were gonna pull it off, you have a lot of great guys hunting in great areas and it came down to the wire. Thanks for the fun and bantering through the season and good luck next year because I know you will all be gunning for Team 27;)

6. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was alot of fun competing with you guys this year, to come so close to repeating says alot about how dedicated to each other you are. I look forward to reading your thread next year, and hope we can come even close to the champs you were.

7. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My congrats goes out to 27 for getting it done. It was close and a fun contest. Team 6 I really enjoyed being part of the greatest team ever has been a privelage and an honor. I've met some great guys through the contest and can't thank them enough for what they have done for me. Great season boys I look forward to the next.

We will always remain TINEACIOUS!

8. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No trashing for now, just honest praise. You guys were tough. Thought you were gonna take it again. Great effort by everyone. Thanx for making this a fun season :)

9. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoulda shot that button buck ....

10. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, Tony! YEA, YOU SHOULD HAVE! You could have used the ole, "thought it was a doe" excuse :o
    Nah, the season was young, woulda, coulda, shoulda. Who would have thought it was gonna come down to half a deer?

New members this year, Colby, NY (don't think we ever got your name) it was a pleasure having you guys on the team.
    Cowboy, making that trip to Nebraska to score a doe, much appreciated bro! And kudos to Will again, for puting that together as well. You guys rock!

:rock:TINEACIOUS!:rock:

11. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, and let's not forget about the two bucks that were shot and went unrecovered. Anyway you slice it, Team 6 had a hellva season! We gave it our best! Everyone should be pround of their effort! We deserve the title "Champions"!

Thanks Fred. But honestly, I would do what I did for Colby for anyone willing to travel west...HINT, HINT! And, after hunting with this young man, I can assure you he would do the same. He's good people!

Guys, please do consider a Team Six reunion on August 18th in Wyoming. Let's give the speed goats hell! E-mail me for details ([email protected])! Moreover, I'm doing the big elk camp Sept. 16th-23rd-COME ALL!

One last thing, I have made the decision to join good friends over at Huntingbeast.com. As much as I cherish (truly) all the good folks/brothers on this site, there is an abusive antagonistic common denominator here which continues to rub me the wrong way. This element, without reprimand from the administration, has greatly hindered my desire to contribute to this site (as you have noticed, I rarely post in the general forum anymore). Speaking freely is important to me. If I have to 'wipe my feet before coming in' (as one crony told me) because it is "their forum", and yet they are immune to this same rule, then I would rather not come in. I refuse to be "cheap entertainment". I hope everyone understands. I am a man of principle. What's good for one should be good for all.

See everyone on the path- Peace out!

Will

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  12. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    will PM me as to who it is who was doing that to you. not that there is anythying we can really do but i'd just like to know so that i can steer clear as well.

again team i am sorry that i didnt get on the board this year, and had i we'd still be together next year. great meeting all of you and being on this team!

13. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Isaiah,

I won't give names... but I can tell you your friend Trent fell prey to the pack.

I would like to stay in touch, shoot me an email.

14. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If it makes everyone feel better I will buy you all the cheap shirt and hat))))) for those who feel sad or whatever, the contest was for fun, friendships formed during the contest last forever. Some of us have learned that little life lesson and well..........some others in the contest have not.

Be proud Team #6 we all hunted our own way, by our own standards and did not settle for just any deer to win a contest, In my book that makes all of us winners.

Dave

15. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well put Dave!

16. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    gald i got to share the time we had together here on team 6. rough one for me not putting anything on the board, but thats how bow hunting goes sometimes i guess. please dont be strangers out there.

huck, hang in there. Trent is a pretty good dude, i guess one of those things you gotta meet people in person. stay in touch!

17. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Calling ALL of Team 6... I need you to PM me your E-mail Address.... Thank you, that will be all.

18. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, it was fun and a pleasure to call you teammates. We did our best and that's all we can do. Congrats to team 27 they had a great year.

19. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up boys? Well season ended here and all I saw the last couple days was several small doinker bucks and one nice six point who maybe would have gone 90. He will be a nice deer in another two or three years. Decided not to try for the shot since the contest was over and I am not in need of meat. I did take another doe a few days before seasons end.

Last week or so I have been concentrating on getting the new hunting rig setup. Ordered my running boards, mudflaps etc etc. I want to get this truck setup and ready by next season so I can make a run up to Tony's place and maybe out to see Will in August. Anyways, keep in touch folks. Few picks of the new shiny rig))

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dave

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  20. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Gorgeous truck, Dave!!! Me want one!