What do you shoot at??

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Sticknstringarchery, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the market for a new target. I may end up buying a new cover for my Hurricane for the time being but, I reall will be needing a new taget by June even if I do buy a new cover. Here is the deal. I shoot a whole lot. I purchased it last March, by June I couldn't shoot the center on the spots side or the heart on the deer side without sinking arrows nock deep. Needless to say I ruined some arrows. I was getting complete pass throughs on a GlenDel shooter buck 3 months after buying it. Have I mentioned, I shoot a lot well, a ton?? Yeah, I do. My proshop is opening a new 3D course so maybe that will take some of the punishment off mine.

I am thinking a Field Logic Block Target or a Big Green Target. I really need something that is going to hold up well. Later I will probably buy an actual Range system or something like that since is now me, my wife, my brother and a couple friends that will be shooting it.

2. rt9bil

rt9bil Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I recieved an 18" block target for Xmas. I really like it. I shoot about 100-150 arrows a week at it since late december and it holding up good. I have even shot afew rounds w/ broadheads and so far no chunks missing. Not sure how much your looking to spend but my buddy just got a Blob target. I think it was about $150 and its pretty big and heavy. He's shot about 300 arrows a week at that thing for the past 4 months and it still looks brand new.

3. Hoythews71

Hoythews71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have one of the Cabelas blocks and the bullseyes are pretty much shot. Had an original Block, and it was hands down the worst target I've even owned. Next target will either be a Blob (depending on how permanent our house is) or one of the Rhineharts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. digio40

digio40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a block black at the begining of the season, shot broadheads at it and blew it up in a month. Got a block fusion and have been shooting broadheads at it for weeks and it hasn't even started to separate.

5. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Rinehart!!

6. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot broadheads and field tips both into my rhinehart 18-1 targets and they have done a heck of a job. They have 1 year guarantees as well.

7. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a block and a delta bag I got for super cheap.

I don't like pulling arrows out of the block, it can be a pain in the rear. I only use it for broadheads. The Delta doesn't take up much space and is nice for quick tune ups. I haven't had an arrow go through it yet.

8. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you shoot a lot the answer is the Rinehart 18-1. Lock the thread.

9. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're not shooting at a Rinehart, you're wasting you're money. I've been shooting into the same 18-1 for 3 years now and it is still in incredible shape after shooting broadheads and field points. I also have the Rinehart ball target and my brother got me the Woodland buck for Xmas.

Rineharts are superior to every other target in every way.

10. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Hands down Reinhart 18-1 for me!
    [​IMG]

11. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Rinehart 18-1 for me as well. I have a Morrell field bag for field points.

12. ncnat

ncnat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rhinehart targets all the way.

SS stay away from the Big Green targets, They're ok at first and then it starts coming apart and getting sticky crap all over your arrow and hard as crap to pull out then. Did I mention that they are crap.

13. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the one of those big green target bags last year and honestly I wouldn't recommend them for you. If your a seasonal shooter then that would be fine but if your shooting weekly then it's not gonna hold up. I always liked "the block" they seem to last. 0828111415a.jpg

14. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the yellow jacket bag target it has held up pretty well with a lot of shooting in the summer and occasional shots in the fall. I would not reccomend it for everyday year round shooting. I am thinking about getting a Rhinehart or the Block target. everyone that I have spoken to love both and they hold up real well.

15. Buck Commander

Buck Commander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always wanted to make my own with a box and a boat load of old shirts. I think it would be a fun project.

16. sticknstringswife

sticknstringswife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure, it would be a fun project if you enjoy shoving old stuff into an old box and playing with spray paint. ;) Not likely to last very long or do a very good job. Ask Doug. A pampers box and my old pink sheets. Your arrows get stuck and it's such a pain. Go buy a good one :)