Sharp shooting on forest preserves

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by peakrut, Jan 16, 2012.

1. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    My brother was out near a local preserve in North Eastern, IL and came upon 5 dead deer by the road.
    I have a buddy who works for the Lake county forest preserve and he stated they had been
    shooting deer recently on this preserve and that they are suppose to donate the meat to
    panties. If indeed these deer where just left to rot it just wrenches my gut.
    I'm waiting on the pictures of this find and will post them once I have them.

I am also waiting to what my buddy finds out from his superiors.

T

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I just decided to call the office and they are checking into this.

I still think they need to close these preserves for a month and let us hunters do our job.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Peak, I think you meant to type... they were supposed to donate the meat to PANTRIES... not PANTIES... LOL ;)

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    LMAO...........Leave that up to me dear. Oh Boy!

5. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree with you on this

6. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Closing it down and letting hunters have at it for a month or two does make way more sense.

7. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Peak I like to donate to panties too LMAO.
    I completely agree that it is sickining that this always happens. I drive around the preserves by my house and look for the deer hit by cars. I am supposed to be on the P.D.'S list of people to call when one is hit. Over the last 2 months I have seen several deer that were hit and just left to lay there all chewed up and rotten. About 20 years ago we wrote a pettition to try to be able to hunt BUssy woods. We had over 10,000 signatures one was **** Durben ( one of our senators in Illinois). We recieved a letter telling us that it just was'nt safe for them to allow us to hunt there do to the public. But Yet they let people snow mobile there!!!!!! They have started to opwn some of the preserves by a lottery drawing. I really think if we want it to happen we all ned to ban together and let them here us together. If you are willing I am too. It only takes one person to get a change like that started.
    Now I'm going to go donate to some panties LMAO thats funny poop right there :lol:

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Their is no way i can fix this spelling issue now.lol

I don't have a leg to stand on now Michael due to me being a Wisconsin resident.
    Yes I have lived in IL and paid my fair share of taxes but it probably won't fly now.

9. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have several parks inside city limits where archers can apply, take a shooting test, and then harvest deer inside the parks. There was a hunter up in Des Moines who harvested 70+ does out of a city park in one year and donated every one of them to the local PANTRY.

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Ahhh....good old Lake County, Illinois. Where we spend hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to buy forest preserve land, then don't allow people to hunt any of it, and then spend tens of thousands more to have people sharp shoot the deer into oblivion because the local tree huggers don't like hunting. Possibly the biggest display of stupidity and ignorance by any local government in the state.

11. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    "meat to panties" hahahahahaa!

Were the deer stacked up by the road or laying about here and there? I've seen multiple dead deer on the shoulder and median along 72 in that stretch through Busse Woods. Roadkills tho'. (I know, different county but same dumbass politics)

If they don't allow hunting, they shouldn't allow sharpshooting either. Let the deer multiply and screw up the Citiots cars when they get hit. Don't spend tax $ picking up the deer carcasses either. Let 'em rot on the shoulder where the the liberal bleeding hearts have to look at (and smell) them while they sip thier starbucks on the way to work.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  12. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey I like Starbucks!

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. I little peppermint mocha never hurt anyone. :dan:

14. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  15. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
  16. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A neighbor I hunted with a few times this season also hunts in LaSalle Co and they were killing hundreds from what he said. They used to see a ton of deer and rarely saw anything this year, he got one shot and killed a small buck.

The property I have been hunting for three years also has a preserve a few miles North and they were shooting them their looking for CWD spread due to a deer in the area last year testing positive. I saw less than half the deer this season that I have seen the last two years.

I also drive by a preserve every day and see deer 60% of the time I drive by, kills me that we can't find a way to make revenue allowing hunters!

17. ncnat

ncnat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Which is why it will never happen.

18. Hoythews71

Hoythews71 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ive seen it right at Van Patten too Tony. Went out real early to do some late season scouting right around February last year, and as I was driving by Van Patten, a county truck pulled out in front of me. There were deer piled a foot above the bed rails. This really got my attention so I decided to turn around and follow them. The truck went north off 173 down Delaney, then pulled into the water plant on 9th Street. Last I checked, they dont butcher deer at the water treatment plant...

Wouldnt have believed it if I didnt see it with my own eyes. The next day I wrote a letter to the Forest Preserve District, telling them what I had seen, and asking why they dont try to save themselves some money by having bowhunters do the culling. Never got a response back.

19. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    This explains why I rarely see deer now on my ride home from work.

20. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: