***official team 27 thread***

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by racewayking, Aug 29, 2011.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck....we are cheering for ya!

2. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad the photo was still on the camera Rizzo;)

I haven't been out much, lost a Grandfather last week and had services on Saturday. My other Grandpa is also hanging by a thread so I have been spending time with the family. Hoping to get out Friday and Saturday this weekend and maybe Sunday afternoon but we aren't seeing squat at my spot so it looks grim:(

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This has been alot of fun, being on this team this year. Hopefully we can hang on until the end. Looks like I might sneak out one last sit on Fiday night in Buffalo County, but it is supposed to be 40 degrees.

4. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well good luck to those still hunting, love to see us increase our lead. I'm done for the year, as Michigan season is over. Next year is looking up, already got a good game plan going and can't wait for spring to put camera's out and see what we will be after this coming fall!

5. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone still at it?

6. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't had any luck with the deer lately so I've been duck and goose hunting a lot. May get out a time or two in these last 5 days, may not. It's been an interesting year for me. I'm glad a lot of you guys have had successful seasons and have shot some great deer. Hopefully we can get the same team for next year!

7. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    IL seasons (gun and bow) end this weekend so I am hoping to get out. Snow is forecasted for Thursday and I can't wait! Gun is already been taken apart and surgically cleaned so I will be going out with the bow again if the weather allows. Take care everyone.

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Rory if you can get out good luck brotha!

T

9. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna try to get out Friday and Saturday, season and contest is about done:(

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    I call B.S. their is some good snow coming so get your butt out there brotha!

11. MNpurple

Dislikes Received:
    Tick Tock

12. HIDE-A-BOW

HIDE-A-BOW Newb

Dislikes Received:
    way to go team !!! Looks like we might pull it off. Lets see what happens.

13. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Who is still hunting today?

14. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our season has been over since the 8th, so I have been focusing on coyotes and bobcats lately. Looks like we have a fighting chance at winning this thing. When does the contest officially end?

15. racewayking

Dislikes Received:

If you shoot a deer before the contest officially starts, you will be allowed to post it once you have been assigned to a team. Speaking of which, the contest will officially run from September 1st to January 15th this year. I understand that some seasons run longer, but for the sake of keeping people interested we're going to end it mid-January. At that time a winner will be announced, and you'll have bragging rights for the next 12 months and a gift certificate to the Bowhunting.com shopping cart.

16. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Regardless if we "win" or not this team has been fun. I have enjoyed this team better than any of my previous seasons on other forums. I was hoping to join iHunt by achieving the 200 point club 2 years in a row, but came up very, very short this season. Speaking of that, I nominate Cole as our team MVP!!!

Jason, I never did hunt that estate property by the 'ol raceway this past season. Maybe next year. I guess hunting a suburban backyard just does not feel like hunting to me.

17. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Cole did lay it down this year! I wish I had more to contribute and now might be the best time to explain. I wanted to scout more this year but having a child got me sidetracked with doctor visits with the wife and helping her deal with the loss of her Grandma. We then found out we were pregnant in early October and two hunting trips got cancelled because my wife wanted me home. I missed a few key days of hunting in November because my wife miscarried. This is the third time we have been through this and to top it off my Grandfather nearly died a week later and has been hanging on by a thread, any day now could be his last. We also lost my step grandpa a few days before New Uears and I missed more days in the field. I know I haven't posted much recently but my nuts have been sore from all the kicks;) I have enjoyed hunting with you guys and look forward to defending next year if we are the winners. Thanks to everyone on the team, I know we all worked hard in the field and gave it our all!

18. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well.. this anticipation is killing me... lol. Well it sure has been fun this year. I'm glad i got on this team and had the pleasure of being part of this team. I know i only put 50 points on the board, but it was a very strange season for me. Only saw 3 bucks in shooting range the entire season, and the biggest one was a 5 point, and he didn't give me a clear shot. Father-in-law and i are already planning out what we are doing this spring to change that. The crop rotation around is is going to be mostly wheat with some corn and beans, so hopefully they will stick more to the woods.

Can't wait to see the results, and i'd have to say the MVP was Cole with Hide-a-bow a close second. They both laid down some good deer!

19. MNpurple

Dislikes Received:
    Rough year Raceway, here's hoping 2012 looks much much better for you and your family.

I've been done since December 31st. In my part of Minnesota we can shoot 5 deer. I put down the 10 pointer and outside of that, I honestly never had the opportunity to draw on a doe all season. The strangest season I have ever had. You guys were all good teammates and hopefully we can stick together next year. I just got my 5 bags of Monster Raxx in the mail so I'm sure to get a bigger buck next year..................right Tom? :)

20. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Team 27

Was a great 3 way battle.