New BowTech Insanity Specs

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rob / PA, Jan 10, 2012.

1. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Thank You Rob for the info!:tu:
    T

2. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna keep my Invasion till they come out with something shootable in the 375 fps range , it will be here soon

3. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have one of my 'peeps' at the show and she's going to shoot the Assassin, Assassin SD and the Insanity for me. :D Since I can't ever try these bows out myself (even when I'm at the show), it's the best I can do. ...and I don't have to deal with the crowd!

I don't like the 6" brace height on the Insanity CPX so I doubt I'd go that direction, but the CPXL looks sweet. Just not my size.

Rob, my equalizer is '08. (and I still have my '05 equalizer as a backup) Do you really think there's much to be gained for me to go with a newer bow? Why do people buy new bows every year? Just because the can?? :)

4. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Have you seen the 2012 Hoyt line?? They have completely changed their risers with the new Vector line and they have changed the Element's riser some also. Its not as noticable but, there were a couple small changes.

5. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've been begging Craig (BT's director of R&D) ever since the Admiral for the specs on the Insanity CPXL... Nice to see he finally brought my wishes to fruition. :) Actually, I begged him for a 34" a-to-a... but I understand the 35 -- better to differentiate itself from the 32.

6. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    People need to wait to shoot the bow before saying "meh" in my opinion. It's hard to look solely at a bow's spec's and immediately praise or discount it.

There is a very large difference between a 360fps bow that shoots smooth and one that rips your shoulder apart.

7. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not crazy on the look, wasn't last year when the Invasion came out. BUT, I'm not gonna complain as they finally have something that appeals to me spec wise in long enough DL.

As per my agreement with my wife, if I bring one in, I gots to send one out. That means parting with one of my SWATs. Either way, you'll have a shot at an awesome bow. Those SWAT's were WAY underappreciated.

8. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll tell you... I really like the Invasion cpxl specs... And honestly it does look like a Monster/EVO cross... but is that a bad thing?

I'd love to shoot one... own one...? Maybe when it's about a year or two old. :D

9. Beef

Beef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be waiting to shoot it but you know how the Destroyer was more prone to derailment? Well the cams look really shallow on the Insanity CPX and CPXL so it reminds of the Destroyer and that it would be more prone to derailment.

10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would be highly shocked if that problem reoccurred. I'm quite certain they won't make that mistake twice.

I can't wait to get my hands on the XL to test. Though, I highly doubt I'll own one. Sorry but the sticker shock of these new bows is out of control. No way is a bow worth that price.

11. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My buddy's cousin's step Dad used to work for a company that printed decals for Bowtech. He shot the Insanity a week before the ATA and he thinks it will even kill deer with a high shoulder hit. You know, that sweet spot between the shoulder blade and spine. Quartering to is the new broadside.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As of now, I'm not regretting my Hoyt Vector 32 purchase.

13. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I call BS. My cousin's step dad's uncle tested this bow for Bowtech last fall on Sasquatch in the Himalaya's and he said the shock wave from the arrow alone would be more than enough to take down a deer. You just have to get the arrow close.

14. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your right, I was making an assumption before I shot it. BUT I'm going off of what everyone else is here and to my slightly trained eyes it doesn't look to be anything special to me especially with a 35" ATA. In the woods I hunt, anything more than 33" ATA is unbearable And the 32" ATA wouldn't do me any good with the short brace height. So my early observations without shooting it would be that its unimpressive.

15. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No offense, but your cousin's step dad's uncle is full of crap! Kevin Strother is only one to design a bow capable of taking down a squatch. He came up with the design years ago, but Bowtech said the bowhunting world wasn't ready for it. They wouldn't release the bow. I've been asking him for years to release it. I brought it up again at our last slumber party, over a cup of imaginary tea. He said he's still in a legal battle with Bowtech over the rights to the design.

And THAT is the real reason Kevin left Bowtech. A lot of people don't know that.

16. Southernboy

Southernboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've told you guys before, but I'm really important and stuff, so I can't tell you who I am...but I actually got to test the bow last season.... I fell asleep on the stand and was awoken by the sound of SMAACCKKK....I looked up and the bow had killed a 140 class albino buck.....and I was so shaken up that the bow did that with me asleep....I really got shaken up when I found out that the bow was sneaking my truck out at night and going to the local beer joint...

SB

17. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Just my .02, but if you're hunting in a situation where you CAN shoot with a 32" ATA and you CANNOT shoot with a 35" ATA, you better trim a bit more.

Anything sub 7" BH doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure I could shoot it and shoot it well, I just know what works for me.

I'll be shooting the CPXL, but unless it really impresses I'll be SWAT'n 2012 deer as I did this year and picking up another handgun in place of it.

I'm not crazy about the look, after all it's all about looking pretty right?

18. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! All along I thought it was about gaining an extra 5fps. Now I gotta start looking for pretty bows? I'm falling behind.

19. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, if it's ugly it will repel the deer.

20. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The mass weight is issue for me, I would rather a lighter bow with all the crap we put onto them now days...Spare me the stability factor crap too, yes heavy more stable all thing equal....but they never are. And bows during hunting season get carried more then they are shot so weight matters.....