***TEAM 28's Official Thread***

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Fitz, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work :tu:

Congrats again Dave!

2. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Backcountry
    Congrats on the late season doe, great way to start of the new year huh!
    Rocky

3. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dave very nice my man! Congrats.

Well guys I am officially done, ND with Tim was a blast. We hunted our butts off for 5 days .. Man the deer numbers are way down out there and we had to really work to even find a buck let alone get on one. I did pass up several does and a 2.5 year old buck. Tim had a dandy 3.5 year old come in that I think he would have shot if he could have got a shot off at him. I absolutely love hunting that ground out there with Tim, we get along very good and we enjoy the entire, scouting/mapping process not to mention the actual slough hunting. I really thought I was gonna get an opportunity on a mature buck even though the pickens were slim but it just never did happen, it sure wasnt for a lack of effort. Tim called me yesterday and said he located a real good one last night so I hope he gets one.

My season is officially over, I am gonna start scouting and shed hunting here this weekend! Its been a great year, I am sorry I didnt get a doe on the last day out there, just wasnt in the cards either.. This has been a great team and a fun one to be on! Hope you all have a great winter! I am ready to find some bone and get a ton of info logged for next season!

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job backcountry!

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    BC, nice work man!

Guys, great work this year. You guys worked your butts off and I enjoyed following along with your hunts. Proud to be a teammate.

Brett

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job BC! Congrats on the doe!

Rock, Dubby has a video of both his doe and buck...he doesn't need photos since the video meets the requirement for entry.

You guys had a hellva year!

7. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Will
    I was just picking his Butt LOL
    Rock

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys
    We have anyone hunting still or is everybody's season done with? Still need Ruttin to post his buck! Wonder what happened to DTK,I think Sean is still hunting. Interested in seeing Ruttin 's video!!! . Man it's been one mild winter up here in the great white north,LMAO snow is about all gone and the temps have been above zero for the last 2 weeks and it's the coldest month of the year! Go figure,they were calling for the most snowfall and coldest winter in the last 20 years to hit us too. Glad they were wrong. The temps have been 18 degrees warmer than normal.Do need snow though for the wildlife so they can get the water they need. Been out and picked 3 new stand site's for next year already and looked for sheds,but nothing yet.
    Ordered some Moster Raxx from Tom,ordered enough for 2 spreads to start and now I need to get one more Trail Cam,thinking about the new Covert ,haven't heard anything bad about them on any of the trail cam sites and there reasonaly priced. Anyone heard anything on the the new Minox TC ? I noticed one at Cabelas yesterday,they were small and in white camo,looked good. I'd never buy anything just new out on the market till I've heard anything on them,to many faulty things out there these day's. Good luck to those whom are still at :hail:.
    Rocky

9. Burglar

Burglar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Guys, Tried this weekend and got skunked. I got a nub buck with no horns. It was nice to be in the woods though... I hope to be on this team next year... Good luck and have a great year.
    David T.

10. SeanMF9104

SeanMF9104 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys,

sorry i have been MIA, Been moving into new home and recruiting like a mad man. This sat will be my last day out hopfully that 10pt shows him self. I plan to make it an all day hunt. Ill let you know what happens!

11. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Sean
    Good luck
    Rocky

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Sean
    Good luck
    Rocky

13. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great work this season guys, I'm sorry that we won't be on the same team again next year. I had a blast sharing my season with all of you, and following all of your seasons.

Take Care,

Fitz

14. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Team # 28
    Last day to the contest today, been a great ride guys, thought maybe we might get there, close but no cigar,truly was a blessing getting to meet and know all of you. Who knows ,maybe next year some of us will be reunited once more as team mates or maybe not. Enjoyed each one of you's and Fritz, you can lead any team that we team up on in the future. Too bad Rutin didn't get his buck submitted for the contest, that happens ,I had Todd on my team last year and he didn't get his submitted either! Hope you all have a great spring and summer and will see you online some time soon. God Bless
    Rocky :rock:

15. Mo hunter

Mo hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guy's I could not get on a buck this year, But i never even had anything with horns close enough to get excited! It was fun being on this team we were within striking distance! Looking forward to next years contest.
    Just wanted to say thanks to Fitz for posting my pictures for me and if we end up on the same team next year i will sure vote for you to be the captain!