Auto Bait Cover

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Auto Bait Cover, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Auto Bait Cover

Auto Bait Cover Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, just looking for some input on how other hunters feel about this new bait cover idea. Basically it covers up your standand bait pile and allows the user to program the timer which open and closes the cover of your bait pile. It holds up to three gallons of feed which is more than plenty for most states feeding laws. The idea of the ABC "Auto Bait Cover" is to make the hunter in control of when the deer come to feed because your common feeder tells the deer when to start feeding but they can't force the deer to stop feeding,(very important for deer that are mainly active at night). If you have any question check our the website below which will hopefully be completed soon or shoot me an e-mail at [email protected]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jvBE...layer_embedded

2. habitat

habitat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like the nocturnal nightmare feeder

3. Auto Bait Cover

Auto Bait Cover Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I agree the concept is similar, however the nocturnal feeder is considered a container where as the bait cover isn't because the bait pile is still on the ground which is key to some states baiting laws like wisconsin which is where I am from. The other key differnce is that with the nocturnal nightmare feeder the deer must eat the feed out of a man made device and isn't natural to them, with the bait cover deer simply eat off the ground as they are already used to doing.

4. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    had a bad link to you tube when I tried...does it cover 10+ sq feet? For Michigan baiting it is 2 gal max and it has to be spread at least that much.

5. Auto Bait Cover

Auto Bait Cover Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the bait cover is two foot diameter which works out to 3.14 square feet which means about two handfulls of corn could be placed under the cover, however according to the michigan baiting laws salt block don't have to be broken up and spread out so from my understanding you could be able to fit a salt block and your two handfulls of corn under the bait cover with it still being legal. Also we are currently working on a special bait blocker that will work for michigans laws to enable feed to be proteced when wanted over the entire 100 square feet.