**Official Team 16 - Buck Patrol - Thread**

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by lurch162534, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure I could, but I've already shot my doe for the year. Hopefully someone else can get it done and put us over the top!

2. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a tag yet and promise I'll make it out at least several times before Jan 15th... Issue I have is that most of my spots aren't great late season locations... If there is a silver lining maybe it's that the weather has been unseasonably warm so the deer haven't grouped up on the 'heavy' food sources yet.

Now it has to be a doe right (since I've already scored a buck for the contest)? What about if I have an opp at spike or some type of potential cull buck?

3. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Rules say that the second one must be a doe.
    I still have doe tags and need to top off my freezer. Im gonna try to head out for a.morning hunt this tues and then I took vacation days on 1/12 & 1/13.

4. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Out in the stand for a PM hunt... Though some one is going to owe me a beer regardless of outcome... Ha ha. Wife thinks I'm at work... Ground is really greasy and slipped in the mud on my wasy out to the stand - no way I can hide what I've been doing now :-). Guess its better than coming home smelling like perfume...

5. SuburbanStandout Outdoors

SuburbanStandout Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    SuburbanStandout Outdoors - 50
    wv_whitetailhunter - 50
    Justin - 50
    Justin - 158 7/8"
    BSHunter - 151 4/8"
    CMTRAV - 50
    SouthDakotaHunter - 163 2/8"
    KyleLewis - 50
    CMTRAV - 50 (Fergie Clause)
    gutshotem - 111 5/8"
    SuburbanStandout Outdoors - 156"
    scores so far.

6. Gutshotem

Dislikes Received:
    Ha,ha. Good luck with the deer and the wife tonight.
    You let me come out to hunt some of those big midwest deer and ill buy you all the beer you can drink my friend.

7. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Am I the only one frequently checking the scoreboard!? Im pumped! Hope one of you guys can pull through! If not it's been a great season and a pleasure talking to you guys!

8. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been trying to take my doe but no luck... Even been asking fellow bowhunters\friends if anyone has a spot I can got take a doe and everyone is pretty much saying they haven't been seeing as many and have no idea where to go...

Have a spot that used to be money late season but it flooded out this year and all the vegetation is dead/gone - so its worthless this year...

No more bucks can be taken (closed on the 31st) so I should have the woods pretty much to myself - just need to find one...

9. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I feel like I have been lettign the team down. I do still have a doe tag, but I have been trying to fill my late season Muzzle loader tag. I have untill Jan 10. I will take my bow again and see what I can do. No promisses, but I will try since that is what we need.

10. Gutshotem

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we are now about 55" out of the lead. Ill be out one morn this week and sat morn. Also have 2 days vacation nxt week for all day hunts.

11. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well gentlemen we sit in third with 11 days to go. It has been a great season here in Ohio for. I arrowed my 5th deer of the season last thursday. That makes 4 does and a buck this year. That is the most deer I have killed in a single season. I have one doe tag left to fill and also will have met my management quota for the season also. To the guys still hunting good luck. No matter what it was great getting to know all of you.

12. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well gents, the end is drawing near.... We're still in striking position if we could get one more buck or two does - but time looks like our biggest obstacle right now. We put up a heck of a fight and laid down some nice bone and backstrap in the process. Heck, most teams are lucky to score 1 deer over 150" and we have FOUR!!! Not sure how much more I'll be able to get out in the next week. If I see someone else smokes a doe I would even consider taking off a day or two from work next week.... Regardless, its been a pleasure!

Application 'season' is upon us - trying to decide on my options. Would have liked to do an elk hunt next year, but may have to wait until 2013 because of some work stuff already scheduled out for Sep... Trying to get an Aug WY speed goat hunt setup - hopefully things come together. Then back to my favorite which is chasing big whitetails - will most likely be my home state and then KS for next year.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  13. Gutshotem

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morn and got skunked. Ill be back out tomorow-its gonna happen, im hungry!

14. Gutshotem

Dislikes Received:
    Went out a couple mornings over the weekend but nothing in range.
    After work tonight ill be off until tues so I feel pretty confident that ill at least have some opportunities. Anyone else still trying to lay down a doe?

15. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    If I see someone has taken a doe to get us within one for the contest I'll take some time off work to get out (so make sure if you do get one you post ASAP) but I don't really need any more meat for the freezer and I'm probably going to have to travel 3ish hours one way to hunt... Was trying hard right before the Holidays to take a doe - but just wasn't seeing anything...

16. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was not able to seal the deal on a doe before season ended... I really enjoyed being on this team with everyone. Thank you for the opportunity.

17. Gutshotem

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I still have about two weeks here to hunt but im not gonna be able to put up any more points before the contest ends. Saw about a doz deer over the past three says but the only thing that offered shots were a 4pt and button buck. Sucks because our team put up a bunch of good bucks. I think we lost this one in the doe department-oh well.

Great being teammates with you guys and good luck to everyone still going hard in the late season.

18. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, it's been fun! Pleasure being teammates with everyone! Best of luck in 2012!

19. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Likewise