Presidential Candidates

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Gjacobs, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SilentSling

SilentSling Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So why has he doubled the debt it 3 years?

2. carpsniper

carpsniper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Also what Obama walked into was an enconomy he (and his policies) helped make.

Hate on W all you want. He wanted to rein in Fanny and Freddie and was blocked by Obama and his cronies.

If you live in Illinois and like being the only state without 2nd amendment freedom, being on the brink of bankruptcy, by all means vote Obama back in.

3. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wrongoroosky... Sorry, but our problems as a nation did not begin with George W. anymore than they began with Mr. Obamunism. Our presidents, congress or other government officials are not the problems but the realization of a systemic problem that has been brewing for generations. We are sick... very sick; morally, ethically, spiritually and fiscally. Are we critical? I don't know, but our fiscal irresponsibility began decades ago when Americans began seeing government as the answer to all our problems, whatever, where-ever they are.

IMO George Senior missed one of the the greatest opportunities in all of American history by falling silent when Clinton said: "It's the economy stupid!" Not it's not... it's rampant immorality and irresponsibility for our own behavior.

The real enemy is not them, it is us... us! We expect the government to solve all our issues. Our kids education... government's job, not ours. Crap on television... turn the stupid thing off. Abortion on demand... save sex for marriage. Drugs and alcohol, give your kids your time and refuse to accept that they are going to try the stuff anyway. Severe obesity... stay away from the buffets. Don't like your kid's friends... befriend them and teach them something better. Next time they want money for a movie... send them out to mow the lawn first... it won't kill them to actually earn something for themselves.

We are our own worst enemy and we have got to stop blaming everyone else for our problems and lay the blame for what we have allowed to happen for way too long... squarely where it belongs... on ourselves.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Like I said, I'm no Obama supporter by any means. But facts are facts. There's blame to be placed on both sides of the aisle here. It's unfortunate that so many people ignore that fact and instead place blame where they see fit, and look the other way when it comes to everyone else.

And he's doubled the debt in a failed attempt to stimulate the economy, because the belief of his party is that spending is the only way to get things back on track. Again, not something I personally agree with, nor do I support.

I certainly won't be voting for him, but I'm not happy about any of the other options either. Especially Romney, who it looks like has the best chance of getting the GOP nod.

And what exactly does Illinois being on the brink of bankruptcy have to do with Obama being President? Last I checked, Blaggo and Quinn were primarily to blame for that.

5. SilentSling

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto,
    This guy is a crook plain and simple....he's blaming everyone but himself.
    Congress passes balance budget amend..................Paul Ryan's no less good job Justin u got that right!
    Senate Hairy Reid strikes it down Dems control senate!
    Republican controlled House.....Tea party.....Taxed....Enough....Allready....its got to stop bro!
    3.5-4$ gas....nobody drives like they used too...demand is off an yet gas is high...thats what he wants...
    So. where is all this tax revenue on the gas going.....not to fix the roads!
    Congress aproval $hit!!!
    Why.....residual Plastic Surgery Nancy Ploussy Pelosi
    We have to pass it so we know whats in it.....Some people are so stupid....to believe this nonsense.
    C'mon Man!
    4 more and its over plain and simple!
    To think that we can't secure the border of Mex. give me a break!
    He's got to go and so does the Senate Control.....the fix is going to hurt us all.
    :rant:

6. Vito

Vito Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  7. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I'm more upset with our Congressional members than I am at any one specific POTUS in past history.

Let's face it (and it's been beaten to death in this thread already, but it bears repeating), NEITHER side is the answer in it's current state. There is equal blame to be laid on both sides, and frankly, as pessimistic as is sounds, I'm a realist, and know our current political system is not going to change. Right wing or left wing, neither side has the courage or drive to really set forth America on the path to change. They're talking heads...that's it.

I know I'm not voting for Obama, but there's a good chance I won't cast my vote for the Republican nom either.

8. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You're running out of viable options there... Constitution Party?

9. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Someone who ISN'T a career politician, or who succumbs to back door deals, handouts, political correctness, or self-preservation.

10. Dylan

Dylan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Blah blah blah except you might want to check some facts rather than parrot Palin gaffes.

Try this UNBIASED source:

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/06/palin-whoppers-on-debt-oil-imports/

11. Dylan

Dylan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stop this sensible balanced point of view. NOW! This kind of post should be outlawed. You MUST hold an opinion based solely on biaised agenda driven talking points by radical nut jobs which are not based in any fact whatsoever. Only then will I reply to your post.

12. SilentSling

Dislikes Received:
    These sources all have an agenda. Rep., Dem., their businesses,& Gov.
    Fact gasolene/diesel are way to high for anyone to be compete on the world stage.
    Make nothing.
    Sell nothing.
    Jobs nothing.
    Fact!
    Start living and look around for the facts they will bite you in the a**!
    :bash:

13. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

This is an odd form of denial that is becoming more and more common these days.........."Well I heard it on Fox or Rush said it so I'm going to ignore it as if it's not true" It's a get out of jail free card played by many people to not have to deal with the truth. Of course you are going to hear about everything Obama does wrong on these sources (that's their job)..............does that make it not true??

EVERYTHING I listed is 100% accurate and true...........sticking your head in the sand and pretending it isn't because you heard Hannity say it is just plain silly.

And his solution was the equivalent of trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Check your facts.........the downward slide started in 2006 when the Dems took over congress.

AMEN.

Change is possible with a couple people on that stage but they won't get a sniff of the nomination.

The occupy movement is a joke, plain and simple. Bunch of lazy idiots with a liberal sense of entitlement trying to feel like they are part of something important..........they're not. If you were dumb enough to get $100,000 in debt taking 9 years to get an art history degree and now you can't find a job without a paper hat and name tag then why are we to blame for you being a moron.

I hear nothing from those lazy tools but class warfare (they learned from Obama) while the crap on and burn the American flag and take drugs in between raping and robbing each other.

Liberalism is and has always been shown throughout the world to be a 100% failure. It doesn't work now and never has.............if these people worried more about doing what they need to instead of what is "fair" they wouldn't be sleeping in a coleman tent on a sidewalk swimming in their own urine and bong water.

14. atlasman

Dislikes Received:

See what I mean???

Just say Palin, Rush, Hannity, Beck, Fox and you can pretend it's not true. I'd laugh if it wasn't so sad.

The data can be verified at the US Treasury Dept.

Wishing something wasn't true doesn't make it happen ;)

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And why did the debt run up so fast? Two unfounded wars, a banking system in the toilet. A tax cut that plain and simple did not work. In 2000 we had a budget surplus, 8 years later we are on the brink of a depression. Six years we had the great GOP to put us on the right track. What did we get more spending. No child left behind unfunded, Prescription drug plan for Medicare unfunded. Two wars unfunded. Tax cuts that were not paid for by reducing spending. Banking bail out and the one the fed did behind close doors, who the hell knows how much that cost us. 800 billion in stimulus that half was wasted and a pay out. I wonder why were in this mess;)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  16. atlasman

Dislikes Received:
    Why does every liberal apologist run crying about George Bush every time someone points out Obama's pathetic failure???

Does it really make you feel better about backing a loser by blaming someone else?? Man up dude......he wanted the job and now he can deal with the heat that comes with it. I didn't see him campaign that he didn't have any answers and yet 3 years later the best he can do is still hope people hate bush enough to give him another self loathing pity vote.

Reagan was handed a nightmare but I don't remember him *****ing even once about how we got there. He just did what was needed to clean up and move forward.

Leadership...........something Obama knows nothing about.

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    As you said you cannot argue with facts. Why does every Obama hater forget the past 10 years? Man up dude;). We did not get here from the 3 years Obama has been in office. Regan, lol. 1.4 trillion added to the debt.

18. Justclimbhigher

Justclimbhigher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    There's no mud slinging coming out of Vito's corner. He's got my vote now. Only if Tebow can play.

19. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I voted for the Bushwhacker twice, I would hope everyone would forget about it! Hell, he even left W's 5 trillion dollar Bill out of the National Debt. It's like, it's like, he was never even there!

Seriously folks, I would rather take a hand full cockle burrs and try to wipe a wildcats *** with them, than let someone that voted for Bush try to give me advice on how to vote.

20. carpsniper

carpsniper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Before IGOLD had the spiffy acronym and yellow shirts, I went to Springfield to lobby for gun owner rights, better hunting and fishing access, etc. Obama was in the Illinois state senate. I have watched who he has been mentored by there. Illinois is unarguably the worst economic shape of any state in the union. Put there by policies he (Obama) supports. Blaggo and Quinn rightfully are to blame (and a cast of hundreds if not thousands) as well. They certainly had a large part to play, and play they did and do.