The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went out last weekend, sat all day, man it was cold! Passed a forkie, saw a couple does from afar. That's about it.
    Keep at it guys, a couple more deer would be the nail in the coffin!

2. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No worries Isaiah, we'll hook up somewhere down the road.

As I watched the game (had to go to a sports bar filled with Bear's fans), I couldn't help but notice all the dropped passes by the Bronco receivers. Tebow has proven to me he is a lot better than sport analysts give him credit. Most of the players he's passing to are average at best (given NFL standards). Tebow seems to take average and runs with it...like no other I have ever witnessed. He pulls people in, and they, in turn, give him back everything they have. I can only imagine what he would do with a core of "above" average players...

The Bears will play better. If they're professionals with conviction, then they completely understand. It's a matter of having everyone on board...everyone (Cutler)! It's the difference between winners and losers

How's it look for hunting in your neck of the woods? Will you have any chance to break away?

Matt, enjoy the family. When you're back at it, spank the monster! He'll be there waiting for you! You deserve it!

It'll happen Fred, be there!

Looks like I'll be able to hunt at least Friday and Saturday. My work in Arizone is proceeding nicely.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  3. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    The Sullivans from Illinois called to let me know they had picked up my last year's buck from the taxidermist. They are going to hold him for me until next September (they are planning to hunt elk with me in Colorado). I cannot wait to get my hands on him. He was indeed a dandy. I think he'll look good next to the buck from Alberta...Rocky tells me that one will be finished soon. The Sullys sent a photo:

[​IMG]

4. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It brings out the big boys for sure...here is just some
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    KEEP after them guys and good luck hunting.

Dave how did moving stands treat you? Seeing any?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

6. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Stand moving...........got three out of five moved. Did not bump anything moving them but I did find some good trail sign. I also filled up three feeders, the stands moved are placed between bedding areas and the feeders. I hope I can catch a doinker buck moving between them and get a shot.

Next hunt will be Saturday, will go down thursday after work to check the feeders. Best thing I hope to find thursday are empty feeders.)))

Dave

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  7. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Tony,

Are you ok? I haven't noticed you around lately. If you're busy wrapping all of Team 6's Christmas presents, stay after it!

Call me.

Dave, all fingers crossed for you! Get one!

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Will, Tony is around. He is to busy playing with him boomsticks right now to think about archery stuff)))

Dave

9. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, I have a feeling that this weekend is going to be the one. Good luck.

I may go out and try my new broadhead that Feb gave me Saturday. If not I have 10 days off during Christmas Vacation to give it a try.

Clint

10. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Get em Dave I have a good feeling about this weekend for ya.

11. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice looking mount Will.

12. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, very nice Will! :tu:
    How did that monster mulie turn out?

13. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks great Will! I dropped my head from last year off with a guy to do a euro for me, he has since gone off the grid. Probably won't see that one back, at least he doesn't have any of my money.

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I wish the photo of the mount was something other than a cell phone picture. I would really like to see the detail.
    The taxidermist that did this mount also mounted my very first deer from Illinois. He did a great job then so I'm expecting a similar result on this one. I'm pretty critical when it comes to mounting animals. I want them to totally come to life... they absolutely must look natural.

Fred, the big mulie looks awesome! When I get home I'll post some photos. I am letting my taxidermist ( I say that loosely since we mount things together) keep it onsite for one year. It is very impressive when you walk through his front door, being the first thing you see. It is also going to be on display for the annual Rocky Mountain Mule Deer Foundation Dinner in Denver.
    I was honored when they asked and couldn't help but to say, "YES!" I guess they ae going to have it along side a B&C typical mulie.

Dave, I share the feeling. Pack a good lunch, a themos of coffee, and plenty of warm clothes. He's coming....!

Bummer Matt, but let's keep the faith. It may just show back up! I have a similar situation going on with a bunch of stuffmy daughter and I shot in Africa. I paid for it though. I seriously doubt I'll ever see our trophies again, other than the photos we took.

It's been raining cat and dogs down here. I guess this weather is not typical. I'm up in the air as to whether or not to try for a coues. There are too many water holes now., and these boogers are too crafty to spot and stalk with archery gear. You gotta know when to pick your battles and I think the timing is wrong.

15. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I'm going to be able to hunt Saturday morning and then help my dad band bulls after, ouch. At least it gives me an excuse to get to the farm for a while. I do think movement is starting to kick in a little more, the last 2 times I've talked to dad he said he's fixing fence on the stocks which is a pretty good indication of a lot of deer movement overnight. Hopefully the big boys will be out chasing tail that morning.

16. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Matt put one down. Teams are starting to catch up

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Boys we need to get a move on. This is getting to close for comfort, time to put in the time if you can and put some deer down.

Dave

18. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    December 14th, and it's 60 degrees.......what the heck os going on in Illinois?

I'm back in the woods Saturday afternoon. Hopefully I can get some snow here. It usually helps movement, and it will tell me what fields are being used.

19. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    It appears we are behind...scary. Come on guys!, let's roll!

20. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We definantly need some more points.

I've been holding this one silent the last few days, I think Tony is the only one who I told on here....but there is a possibility my buck was found. I have been trying to track down pictures, location, and any other information down on the buck and the guy who found him. Even if it is him, there is no gaurentee I will get the rack back...