The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Isiah glad it still looks good for ya. Good luck buddy

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'm going back out this weekend, orange suit and all!
    Scott, text me if you're seeing anything. That goes for all of you guys, keep me entertained while I'm shivering out there, I'll do the same. There may be a little rut activity still happening.
    Good luck out there team, stay warm!

3. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Fred hope you stay warm buddy good luck

4. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did anyone see Dan's post on his "shedding early" eight pointer? The clock might be ticking a little faster than normal this year. I hope not, we still have some gaints to kill!

Good luck Everyone! Yeah, stay warm! Hunt smart! Hunt safe! Bring it home!

5. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dan's thread is interesting, I have seen some early sheds but it is usually more the individual deer than a group thing. I had a really good one 3 years ago that shed in late November, I don't think he made it through the winter. With that said be gentle with the antlers from here on out, I won't be dragging by the horns if I'm lucky enough to put one down.

I'll be back out on Saturday and Sunday afternoon, I'll be sitting a stand that hasn't been sat all year for one reason or another but the deer seem to be moving through that area right now. Hopefully I see some bones, my standards have fallen some at this point I guess only time will tell how much.

Good luck guys!

6. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    shedding early..............does not matter to me, I only need one side with 3 inchers or taller.))) TGIF.......well for me anyways, I will be in stand tomm morning. Projected low tonight is 22...............Quick someone send me a heater body suit, us southern boys are not use to cold)).

Edit: Told the wife low of 22 in morning, she said to me "put the thermacell thing down your pants, it will keep you warm" I said " Dear I know it is the season for roasted nuts but that is going a little far".

Think I am in trouble now)))

Dave

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  7. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Crap Dave my 15 year old and I sat last Sunday afternoon, it was 11 when we got out of the stand and I never even put on my heavy gloves. My son commented that it was a great day sit. My personal record was 2 years ago I sat when the temp was -8 and wind chills were in the -30 range, I will never do that again. I was chasing a giant that year and he was moving in daylight during late season... of course I never saw him.

Good luck man, my best advise is if you have a rain suit that is at least somewhat breathable put it under your camo you will be amazed how much warmer you stay.

8. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    I am a wimp when it comes to the cold)))

Dave

9. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Feb, I got the broadhead today. I like the design already and look forward to trying it out next week. I'll let you know if I stick anything with it.

Thanks again,
    Clint

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    This is what a team is all about so good job gents and Good Luck the rest of the way.

11. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a shirt on a guy today at gander mountain it said "you have the power topick A:a weekend pass to hugh hefner's weekend getaway or B:a weekend to saskatchewan canada home to the king of whitetails" decisions decisions..........lol:jaw:

12. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is Only a difficult decision for a 17 year old .... Saskatchewan here I come!

13. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got back in a tree today, just dropped down behind my house, all the logging is done and the woods are really open... I noticed several tracks in the mud... jumped two deer on the way in and passed a little 4pnt who came right by my tree. Felt good to see deer again!

14. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron please explain what that feels like. It's been too slow for me since I had my encounter with the buck I shot.

I'm not hunting on Saturday morning. My old boss actually called, and wanted to know if I could come in and cover for a guy there, so it's hard to turn down good, easy money for 4 hours of work lol. I'm hoping to be set for the afternoon, and then a morning and afternoon hunt on Sunday. Blaze orange sucks, but my Mathews will be in the tree with me. We only have 1 guy muzzleloader hunting this weekend on our farm too. It's possible we may do another deer drive, which honestly gives me a decent chance to kill a good buck this time of year. It's just a matter of getting one to stop to get a shot.

15. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Matt,

You were thinking the exact thing as me. One time, I tugged on a late season carbou in Quebec. His antlers came off in my hands. It might be wise to tape your buck before you start dragging, just to be safe. On that caribou hunt, I spent the entire day in minus 29 weather (without considering the wind chill). Worse yet, I fell through the ice while dragging a bou back to the truck (they travel on frozen lakes during their migration). Thank God I was only yards away from the Ford. My clothing froze around me instantly. It was tough get them off! I then made a 3 hour drive back to camp in my underwear. The truck's heater was blowing full bore!

Dave,

The smell of roasting nuts might be incredibly inviting to squirrels. You might want to duct tape the buttom of your pants! I would love to be there when you expalin that one to the misses! "Babe, I had squirrels in my pants!"

Scott,

You'll see one again, and when you do, he'll feel your wrath!

Thanks Peak, this team is nothing be heart!

Aaron, what tags do you have left?

Stay hungry boyz!

16. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One doe and One buck left... always with the option of purchasing more doe tags... I'd like to take one more "deer" with my bow this year... We'll see what happens.

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Only 28 degrees this morning...............I think I will survive))

Dave

18. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team 6 - Keep Pushing! I've enjoyed following along - you guys deserve to keep Team 6 together!

...and all your team support has to be making the late season more fun than usual...

19. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Matt

I know it definitely keeps me motivated to stay at it.

20. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    TINEACIOUS !

Keep at it boys we are in the home stretch this is where it gets fun and interesting. Try not to get burnt out or freeze out there its been a while since I've got a deer down text I can't wait to get one. Good luck to everyone still hunting text or holler if you need anything or are just bored in a tree.