The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A couple of close calls Colby. Miss Jessica had a doe and a fawn walk within 15 yards while she was at full draw. The doe stopped behind a bush and she couldn't sneak in a shot. Then, Paul Seward had a doe walk within five feet of his position. He was holding out for a buck. We put on a few stalks, but the deer were seriously wired-the result of several seasons under fire. I'll go back and hunt them earlier, when they haven't been so heavily hunted.

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    THE PLAN: Sunday no hunting allowed, Move five of my eight stands for late season. I wish I could have done this earlier this season but with my foot being messed up I needed help. My teenage sons have been busy with school/sporting events but little do they know Sunday will be stand move day.)))

The problem I have is most years after thanksgiving I only get out maybe once a week. Most years I have the freezer full and my buck down by this time of year, so hunting is a more of a "if I have time I go" thing. So I decided to look over my topo and field notes from previous years for this property and take my best guess as what would be the best places to setup.

My next hunt should be this Friday morning. The cold I was fighting has almost ran it's course, the foot is still a little sore but it should be fine. I am still in the market for any legal buck that walks by in range. I need to get this done, my body needs to heal !!!

Tony...................I have not forgotten about Andrews bow.........I need to find a good box to pack it up, sunday I may be able to go to a local dealer and see if he has a good bow shipping box. It will get there)))

Dave

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dave good luck Friday buddy. Glad your about over being sick.

Ny hope your feeling better too.

Will sounds like a good time in Washington bet you get one next year.

How's everyone else doing? When do ya'll get to hunt next?

Keep at em guys we are in the fourth quarter and we have the ball.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

4. nybowhunter17

nybowhunter17 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my plan for the rest of the season:this weekend were going to camp on saturday while im there im hopeing snow has fallen so i can see the travel routes of deer to the food source so when the late season comes ill use the climber and sit right of the trail and hopefully get my first buck.:deer:

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck guys stay after them!! I don't know how much more I'll get to hunt... It's Christmas time at the Post Office... 'nuff said...

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, sounds like a recipe for success! I will be gun hunting all day tomorrow and scouting while I still hunt for second bow season ... Let us KILL!

7. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Seems the scorecard was updated today.......looks like we have 194 point lead...............close, to close. Let us as a team buckle down and put this thing away in the next two weeks.

Dave

8. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck everybody. Dave I'm rooting for you. Will, bet that was a fun hunt regardless of whether you scored or not. NY, hope you are feeling better. Tony, get a line on a big fat doe. Scott, the big one will make an appearance so take him out.

9. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    It's ours to win or lose let's keep after I'm liking the spirit we have going keep us posted guys we are a deer or two from putting this thing in the bag. Good luck guys

Let's keep Tineacious together!

10. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Tony do you use a climber at all? I think the key for both of us is moving stands and being in different spots. We need to get on late season movement routes to be successful. Let me know your climber status. I have an extra that I have not used in years.............maybe we can Fedex it up to you if needed. I can not use it until the foot is fully healed, besides it does not have the "Dave" modification I made to my other)))))

P.S our new motto.................Team #6 Tineacious " If you can't handle running with the Big dogs, get your puppy arse back on the porch" :evilgrin:

Dave

11. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, I have two climbers .... no problem with being mobile for.me .... I am confident I will stick a slickhead late season ....

12. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    OK buddy, just trying to help out anyway I can. I want to make a point to everyone, remember that those of us left hunting are having a hard time getting on deer. Well, so are other teams members, the issue is not just a Team 6 problem.

The key for us is to be there................just simply be in the woods. Do not get discouraged, keep pushing forward and good things will happen. Risk versus reward gentlemen....................risk nothing and the rewards are little. Risk it all and you shall be rewarded for your efforts. "Pep talk over"))

Dave

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff, Dave ..... the spot I have in mind for the second season will put me right in the thick, thorny stuff ..... all surrounding a swamp and near a pond ... my shots will be close and I will have to be ready as they.will be upon me before I see them ... but it's the type of spot that they will move often during the day .... and like I said ..... any slickhead gets an arrow .... bb or doe

14. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Calling for Snow wednesday night. When I get up at 4:45 A.M to get ready for work and there is snow on the ground or falling, I will not be at work. I will be spot and stalk hunting................snow..........deer prints = late season travel routes. No better way to see how the deer have changed thier movements that I know of.

Dave

15. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I figure to have 7 or 8 days to hunt from here on out. This weekend (depending on the wind) I will be sitting in my travel routes one last time.

From there on, it is me and my Lone Wolf trying to pin down deer on their way to destination agriculture fields. Trail cameras and snow are the best way to get on them this time of year.

16. Reese

Reese Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys
    Sorry its been awhile. I see that ya'll have been carrying me along this year LOL Awesome job guys Keep it up!!!
    Made it out today, -20C and 30-50km winds had me out of my tree before 9 am. Was a very humbling and adventurous mid afternoon spot and stalk that two does blew on me. But I LOVE my snow camo. Within 10yards of the yearling and it had no idea what I was, never presented a shot as I was in pretty thick brush ( almost had to step on them today before they got moving ).
    Season closes here on the 15th for us, but nevertheless I am out in full force this week ( no work ) but hey, make hay when the sun shines.
    I will check back in more often as I have some spare time in the near future. Once again sorry for my absense
    Keep at it boys!!! And a HUGE congrats to all of you that have harvested deer this year
    Cheers
    Reese

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Guys it sounds like you all are giving it all. That's awesome keep it up guys it will happen. I love the spot and stalk snow idea. Keep on guys and good luck let us know how each hunt goes I have a feeling our team will still put some deer down. Loving the enthusiasm keep it up boys. Love you all. No matter what this is the greatest team.

TINEACIOUS!

18. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good stuff here guys. I have a warm fuzzy feeling we'll do well in the end. I really do appreciate everyone's hard work and dedication.

It's tough to maintain a positive attitude this late in the season, but we must...and you guys are! It's great to see. I believe if we treat every day as if it were the first day of the season, then we'll keep our edge. I truly believe it is a process of mind over matter. We just need to stay after it...believe good thoughts.

I have about a week's worth of work coming up in Scottsdale, Arizona (my company owns some condos which need some maintenance). I'm starting the drive down this coming Saturday. My plan is to work around the clock in an effort to finish as early as possible. Hopefully, the hard work will pay off and I'll have a few days to do a little coues deer hunting. I have my fingers crossed. I am praying for zero mishaps or setbacks. I will stop work long enough to check in. I'll be eager to see how you guys are doing!

I agree, I think the deer will become more predictable as we move towards January, especially the slickheads. Start looking for patterns. Remember to bundle up. Staying warm will keep you in your tree longer!

19. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i know i havent had much activity but all hope is not lost... still some good time left in this season, a little over a month i have to connect!

20. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Isaiah and Reese, good to hear from you guys. Good luck with your remaining hunts and all else have fun.