The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out all day tomorrow and morning and afternoon sits on Sunday .. I will be doing some hunting during the week to .. what I see this weekened will determine when I hunt during the week ... can't wait ..

2. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've got a question for my teammates since I trust them more than anyone else when it comes to this subject. Plus, I know I won't get a bunch of whiny bs with it. What broadhead are you using and why. I'm thinking of changing mine and want to know why you use what you do. I don't want to hear the bad stuff about other brands just why you like what you're using. I would like to try something new before the year is over.

3. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Clint I like my fixed blade shuttle t locks. But if I ever get into expandables I'd shoot what Will does. He has great reasoning too as far as distance and such. If I ever get comfortable shooting past 40 I will switch to what he shoots.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

4. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Clint, I use muzzy three blade 100's, not the MX3. Never seen a reason to change unless I ran out of them. This year I shot one deer with a MX3 vs a standard three blade muzzy, I did not recover the deer and did not get a pass through. The standard muzzy are bone crushers in my opinion.

Dave

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    G5 Strikers.. they cut on contact while maintaining the "bone crushing" tip... They fly great and I have yet to find a sharper blade... they are SCARY sharp.

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot these and Rage 2 blade ... I REALLY like the strikers ...

7. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies so far. That's exactly the kind of information that I'm looking for. Keep them coming.

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1322882020697.jpg

How bout this guy

9. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like a nasty wound, the 2 blade Bloodrunners have worked perfectly for me the last 2 years.
    I killed 7 deer with them, all pass thrus. And after cleaning up, are ready to be shot again. Although I usually, at least get new blades for em.
    Clint, PM me your address, I'll send you one to try on a late season doe

10. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had an interesting evening! Great night in the stand, I saw 20 deer, 3 bucks one of them was a shooter but he wasn't close. He would have gone 130+. My buddy on the other side of the farm had about the same, only he shot a buck.

That's where it got interesting, we drove to where he saw the buck go down and parked. I left my lights on to assist with the search, big mistake! Ended up running down my battery and stranding us in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness for a great friend that was willing to drive an hour to jump my truck with directions based on cow lots and big trees. We found his buck though, a nice buck but he has a busted main beam on one side.

Ok so the next interesting thing, 5 hours ago I wouldn't have hesitated to recommend rage broadheads, that changed tonight. My buddy shot his buck with a rage at around 25 yards, quartering just slightly. It was a good shot the broadhead was poking through the opposite shoulder. The deer probably went 150 yards, he saw it drop... Thank goodness! There was almost no blood, I pulled the head out and neither blade had deployed. Bullet holes both sides... If he wouldn't have seen it go down we would have never found that deer. I've heard it before but never believed it until now, the blades can go through a deer without deploying.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great hunt Matt (minus the getting stranded part!)
    See my post above, Bloodrunners have the same devistation, without the worries. I found Rage's to be a total PITA!

12. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I laid my eyes on six blacktail today, but had zero shot opportunties. I will be back at it tomorrow.

Clint, I shoot the Carbon Express Torrid SS. They are inexpensive (I shoot a lot of animals every year), fly super well on long shots downrange, and kill.

Keep at it guys. I will check in when I can.

13. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ugghhhh.................Last night I started feeling like I was running a slight temp.. Woke up this morning and feel like crap but I am up so may as well hit the woods. I hope this is just a 24 hour bug or something and I can work through it. Goodluck everyone hunting.

Dave

14. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Team 27 put down some awesome deer of late. They have moved within points of 1st place. Let's pour it on lads!

15. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out again tomorrow afternoon, hopefully the deer are moving like last night.

16. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    sorry guys! kinda feels like im letting you guys down this year.... just hasnt been my year. from losing my main ground to missing two does two separate days. i'll keep trying and getting out when i can. thanks for taking me along for the ride this yr!

17. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Isaiah keep at it man it sucks to lose ground and have to find new or stick with what little is available. Stick with it it will happen 50 points would help alot.

Matt glad your seeing deer can't wait for that big boy to walk past ya in range.

Will hope all is going well blacktail deer hunting and your soaking it up. Good luck

Dave did you go outside in the cold, naked, with doe in heat all over you? That will make you sick. Being sick sucks I woke up yesterday morning too with a head cold. Its miserable.

18. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    uploadfromtaptalk1322929775734.jpg

This was me last night Dave. Vitamins (flinstone of course) kleenex, nighquil, air born, and Orange juice

19. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Fred, I sent you an email. If you didn't get it let me know as I'd like to give that a try. Thanks!

big buk.jpg My brother-in-law's best friend shot a big 12pt last night. He got it with a rifle but that thing was really big. Like Will is always saying things can change in 30 seconds. Those still hunting, stick it out cause something like this may come by. Good luck and stay safe.

20. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in a box blind overlooking a big, deep hollow right now. Unfortunantly I have to use my 12 ga, but its good to be back out again. I didn't see squat this morning, and so far only 1 doe has been killed on our farm the past 3 days......pretty slow....