The Champs, Team 6 - Tineacious

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Iamyourhuckleberry, Jul 14, 2011.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    "Everyone, pay little attention to the big bad wolves. History is dominated with stories of evil wolves and those teams and individuals which triumph over wolves...Red Riding Hood, Three Little Pigs, The Wolf and the Seven Little Kids, etc. Stay focused...keep your eye on the finsih line! Full steam ahead! "

I love it!

HOWEVER, we have been raised since puphood to devour and claim what is rightfully ours!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  2. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Double post as I became incensed by the smell of blood and pushed my enter button with testosterone inflammed vigor.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
  3. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Notice the sheep? That's the only thing wolves can hunt effectively!

4. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is that a picture of your team cleaning up one of the many Tineacious' gut piles? Sure is nice of you guys to help out!

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wolves chase .... nuff said .. get use to chasing cuz it is all you will do, :whip:

6. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    Scott,

I think we have both misidentified the pile of stinking flesh. Upon further review, it looks like the little pups found themselves one of the Fuzzy Wuzzy Bunnies dead on the road (it must have died trying to keep pace). If that's the case, I stand corrected! They cannot even catch sheep!

7. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sitting out the second gun season here in ILL, but I can't wait to get out for some late season bow action.
    I have a buck and 2 does down, would love to see the giant 8 pointer that barely eluded me. Hope he made it through the gunners.
    Good luck out there guys!

8. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think we deserve a prize for over 100 pages on a Team thread. What you guys think?

Dave

10. Iamyourhuckleberry

Dislikes Received:
    You had me rolling Aaron! Great job! LMAO!

We already have the prize Dave! I wouldn't trade any of you for all the tea in China!

11. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope all is going well for everyone and the number of pages just shows how awesome we are. Keep it up guys

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

12. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's funny stuff Aaron, keep it up.

13. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, Aaron! :lol:

14. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    It's been a week since I have hunted and I'm chomping at the bit to get out again. Looks like tomorrow afternoon is going to happen, hopefully I see deer.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  15. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Folks finally posting some animals up that were shot weeks ago (((. it is getting real close, so close that Tony's prediction seems to be coming true. A single doe may be all a team needs to win this thing. We as Team 6 "The Champions" need to close the door behind us. Let's put some deer down and close this out. The time to stop playing with these other teams has come.................Let's go folks.

Maybe I can get off work early today and get an afternoon hunt in...................I hope.

Dave

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait to get out tomorrow .... I will be toting 2 weapons, tho I think my best chance of shoot a doe with a bow will be from tithe 12th-20th. I am like Matt ... I feel like it's opening day tomorrow :) ... I talked.to Reese ... he missed a doe and there is a monster still alive up there that he plans on killing ... he has been extremely busy and I am telling you .... don't count him out ... or me ;)

17. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck guys hope you get some opportunities at some deer some guys are sneaking up on us

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

18. drenman

Dislikes Received:
    tic toc tic toc tic toc

19. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Just got home from work, throwing the camo in the wash and checking my pack and stuff for everything I need. Not the best wind tomm. for my stands but I will figure something out. I plan on hunting both Saturday and Sunday in the morning and evening.

I must be honest that I have never had to wait this long for a buck. Every year my buck has been on the ground by Thanksgiving if not earlier. Thirty six years of bowhunting and I have no clue about this late season buck hunting stuff. I have always known hunting this property that if I got on the doe and did not spook them off, that when the rut hit the bucks would come trolling for love. Well that scenario may have ran it's course, have not been hunting in over a week, not sure what the rut status is. My initial plan is to hunt my normal stands Saturday, I want to see what movement there is I.E rutting activity still going on etc. I figure if I see no signs of the rut still happening then I will change up, move some stands and hunt food sources? There is my unique problem, the only food sources this property holds are acorns and wild foilage.

I need to come up with a plan, what, I have no clue so far.

Colby.....................NO, the stripping down naked and drowning myself with doe-in-heat scent is not an option)))

What does everyone else have planned?

Dave

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  20. kshunter

kshunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dave, I don't know if it's legal but get some corn out if it is. A few years back I tried this in the late season. I was after a doe and poured one bag of corn out and sat the other two by a tree so I wouldn't have to carry them in each time I needed corn. I came back a few days later and there was a buck that was pretty much keeping the other deer away from his stash. He or other deer actually pawed the other bags opened. It won't take long for them to find it either especially with the other food sources drying up. Good luck buddy either way.

Good luck to everyone else going out and be safe.