Hoyt Carbon Element

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by HoytShooter1124, Nov 10, 2011.

1. HoytShooter1124

HoytShooter1124 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been a BowTech/Diamond Archery guy now for some time. I recently converted and upon learning about this site, I guess you can figure out what my purchase was by my user name, and no, I can only dream about working for an archery company. I am so impressed by the bow I have to tell others about it.

If you have the cash for the Carbon Element with the Fuel Cams (2011) or the RKT Cams (2012) I strongly suggest this bow. I purchased the 2011 with the fuel cams beacuse it was on sale for 1100 at my archery shop. The 2012 equipped with RKT cams is a few hundred more. (The Carbon Matrix is pretty sweet as well.)

The first thing I noticed about this bow is that it is amazingly light naked and even with sight, rest, quiver and arrows it is still the lightest bow I ever held. (I know Mathews is claiming that their new Z bow is as light but honestly, the Hoyt feels lighter and more stable. I just sold a Monster so I have had Mathews bows as well and I'm not knocking them. I also think they are excellent bows.) The grip on the Carbon Element is very comfortable and is placed at a very balanced point on the riser. The riser itself is another work of art. The carbon tube riser feels incredibly strong and is very balanced.

As you look into the bow you're thinking that ok, this is light, feels nice and is comfortable but there is no way on earth I'm paying this much for a bow. Then something happens when you draw it back. I don't know how they did it but this is a blazing fast bow with one of the most smooth draws I have experienced.

Once you shoot it and tune it in (took 2 arrows for me) you will consistently draw tight groups and if you do pull one off you know that you did it, not the bow. The feed back from this bow is fanstatic. The draw is awesome, the back wall is solid and its very quiet for how fast it is.

I bought the 2011 Fuel / Cam & 1/2 model. The 2012 RKT is slightly smoother but not that noticibly better. (I shot both bows back to back)

I set my bow up for 70# with a 30'' draw. I have an extra 1/2'' in my draw to the D-loop. I am shooting Hunter 350, Carbon Express Arrows with 100 gr. tips through a G5, 3 pin sight and micro adjust Whiskey Biscuit. I am running a limb saver stabilizer. The type of quiver I am using is a magnetic x-connect set up (forget the name). This set up is the best I have ever had the pleasure to own and shoot. I am running Rage 2 Blade B/Hs for hunting and am shooting a Scott Release.

I am very impressed with this Hoyt bow and if you are in the market for a new set up, from one archery shooter to another, check this thing out!

2. BoneCollectorUK

BoneCollectorUK Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be the proud owner of a Hoyt Carbon Element RKT 2012 very soon!!!!!

3. buckstop

buckstop Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I will second that the Hoyt Carbon Element is an incredible bow. I shot everything new out last year and still felt that my Elite GT 500 was a smoother and faster bow. I tried the Carbon Element this year and WOW! The bow is in a class of its own.

4. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot the 2011 Carbon Element all year and I am currently tricking out a 2012 Carbon Element RKT. It should be finished in 10 days to 2 weeks. These are the Best bows I have shot in a long time! Very impressive! The Carbon riser may be pricey but there is a difference in shooting off this ultra stiff platform :)

Dan

5. Beef

Beef Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! You guys must have a lot of money sitting around, I only dream of being able to get a bow that expensive!

6. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot the Carbon Element at my shop and I honestly don't think it would be worth the extra $400 over the Heli-M. Don't get me wrong, it was nice. Just as nice as the Heli-M, but I can't mentally justify spending the extra money when the Heli-M is just as light if not slightly lighter. I'm not knocking the Carbon Matrix, but I think the technology in it and the cost of it is to far out there.

7. MeanV2

MeanV2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought of going with the Vector Turbo this year but honestly I couldn't see going backwards after shooting a Carbon Element for the last year. The lightweight is nice but the stiffness of the riser is what makes it stand out in overall shootability. It's hardly something you can tell by running by and shooting one at a shop.

As far as the extra 3 to 4 hundred. It is money well spent, and honestly most waste more money than that in a very short period of time.

Hoyt has been selling the Carbon riser bows as fast as they can make them since they introduced the Matrix. I doubt that if anyone shoots one steady over a period of weeks that they could not tell the difference.

Of course there is always the exception, but many let their billfold do the thinking and the talking :)

It is America and a free country. You can shoot what you want! Enjoy the Great sport of Archery!!

Dan