Team 18 - Got Booners

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by srtiek, Aug 29, 2011.

1. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome looking buck dude.

2. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I've been steadt at it and havn't seen a deer in my last 4 hunts. The weather has heated up down here so I'm thinking it has slowed movement a bit. Anyway Wednesday is looking like the day to be out there. I'm sure I'll go before then but who knows.

3. BoneCollectorWV

BoneCollectorWV Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_2.jpg Here's another pic of my buck.

4. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He's a nice buck WV! Did you score him up and post pictures with you and your bow on the scorecard yet?

5. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That buck is awsome WV! Well guys...heres the story, been going out not seeing a thing getting sort of drug down and tonight changed that when I decided to walk into the woods and climb any old tree. I didn't think I'd see nything being a new location and the fact that I hadn't been but, 7 slick heads decide to walk by me at less than 20 yards, it's a shame I couldnt video them because I forgot to put my memory card back in the camera, anyway I found the biggest one I could see at the time also happened to be the one standing right in front of me. i got one lung and a good chunk of her heart, she didnt even make it 50.
    IMG_0447.jpg

6. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Sean! You're on a streak! Congrats!

7. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yup and still have 2 buck tags and 2 doe tags left, but I have met my goals for the season, I know a place where a big buck is hanging out and I think I'll be chasing him when the rut really kicks off here other than that my freezer is looking good.

8. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :wave: I know I got all the points I can submit for the Season but I'll be keeping up with how the rest of your Seasons have gone. I have a few more hunts in me and I really want to tackle something with a rack. Rifle Season has been going on since the 1st here so pickings are getting slim. These Southern boys love to hunt. Thats no joke man if its a Saturday or a Wednesday these guys are out there shooting the woods up.
    I would also like to wish everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving:rock:

9. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Sean! Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys and your families! I've got a good feeling about this weekend, I say that at least one deer hits the ground for Team 18! Good luck to all with the rest of your seasons!

10. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Turkey Day team 18. will be back at it next weekend after i get back from florida.

11. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck harvest! I had it all come together here on Wednesday during the WI gun season. I was able to put down my #3 hitlist buck, which was really rewarding as we haven't been seeing many deer to date hunting and movement continues to be poor. Kills and quality buck sightings are way down in all bow/gun buck boards I am on and I haven't heard anyone say, "Wow this has been a good season/rut." Anyway best of luck moving forward team and I'll get a couple pics of my buck up. He is a 21" mainframe 10 with a broken G4 and a split G2.

12. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Dunn! Looking forward to those pics!

13. Dunn County

Dislikes Received:
  14. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck! Congrats!

15. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holly crap Dunn thats a big ol' buck! dang! I went out last night and sat on a scrape line, I do have some daytime movement from bucks and does in that area not much though but I thought I'd try my luck, no luck. oh well I re-evaluated my freezer and thinking now I could get away with another deer in there so I'm going to get back at it. I am working again now but still have a 4 day weekend comming up. Looking foward to getting out there. I think it is supposed to be rut here but I think the rut here is tricky and very spread out. I see some movment here and there and a few day time bucks on the cams but like I said very spread out. Might get lucky with all this cold weather though.

16. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    nice buck Dunn. I was planning on heading out last Sunday after Thanksgiving, but I was simply worn out/sick??? I am taking my dad out tomorrow morning in hopes of him killing "Ghost". It would be a sacrafise on my part, but totally worth the experiance if he seals the deal with Ghost. This buck will be the biggest buck my dad, brothers, or myself have killed in our lifetime. I think the memory of my dad killing him would be far more rewarding them if I was to kill him. But if it doesn't happen and he surives this last gun season in IL then I'll hunt him down in the late season and destroy him with my Rage, or perhaps next year he'll reach the 200" class? never know? I personally haven't had the time to go out much. Work is killing me and I've nearly reached my limit on vacation days for the year. I will hopefully make it out over Christmas break if Ghost survises the season. good luck to all and have a great holiday.

17. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up team 18! We're getting a little quiet these days. Everyone done hunting for the season? I don't think so, anyway it's saturday morning and I'll be in a tree this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

18. Dunn County

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck!

19. Vendetta

Vendetta Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope to be getting out in the next couple weeks. This week should be a great week. I'm a bit busy, but I think I can make it work.

20. seanmoe

seanmoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yupper well I had two more hunts and got skunked both times, I'm feeling that itch pretty bad now.