Newb's introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jfergus7, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Redskin_Archer

Redskin_Archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all, I love everything about bowhunting. I hunt in LaSalle and Bureau counties in Illinois. I shot my first buck this year, an 11 pointer. Hunting is my obsession.

2. Pigiron

Pigiron Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello folks, been a bowhunting addict for 18 years now. I to frequented the "other" site for some years. It is great to see all of the familiar names here...it is no doubt a huge breath of fresh air.

I wish the best of luck to the owners.:cool:

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Was that person myself? If so, How was the vacation?;)

4. hardshell

hardshell Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello I'M Steve G. from Stockton MO. and after about a 12 year absence from bow hunting due to family, kids, job, etc etc. My cousin got me started shooting bows again, now I have a bow hunting/shooting addiction!:confused:

I can't believe how bows have improved in the last 12 years or so!!

5. Shawn

Shawn Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am from Lapeer, MI. I have hunted for about 8 years now. Started about 12 years old and couldn't get bowhunting out of my brain since. Yet to shoot the big buck but having fun knowing where they live and the chase. First big buck I ever saw was on public land at first light after a short rattling sequence.
    I have since had numerous encounters with monster bucks, but I keep screwing up:bash: :bash:
    But I am going into next season leaving as few a things to chance as possible.
    My passion is public land, but I got a couple spots on private land with some bruisers roaming around. One a monster 12-14 pointer that will go close to boone or better. Problem is he likes the neighbors property during daylight better than my spot. Wait till he sniffs some early season estrous. I have yet to get the right wind so I can float scent in his bedding area, but when it happens, whoo, it might just pull him out.
    Have shot six pointer and some does.

6. Michigan Bowhunter

Michigan Bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm new here! Hello everyone!

My story is that I have been bowhunting since 2005. Growing up my friends all did the annual rifle hunt with their dads and I just never got into it. Guns just arent for me. One of my friends got a bow for his b-day one summer and he let me shoot it when we were up north in Michigan. That minute I knew I wanted one and a few months later I got my first bow - a Renegade Alpha-1. I still shoot it today and it still flings my G5 Motecs just like new.

I love every aspect of bowhunting, the offseason scouting, setting up stands, hanging out with friends, having a few beers around the fire, playing poker, sitting in the stand, waking up at 5am, putting on my camo and target shooting (did I leave anything out?). I absolutely love it - if I could do it everyday I would.

So far I've only got one deer under my belt and thats a doe so no trophies for me to brag about - thank you to Welch's 1/4 Mile in Mio, MI! I shot her on Friday the 13th of 2006...tasty!

Unfortunately for me I moved out to Boston where I dont have any hunting buddy's so I make one trip a year back to MI for my one hunt per year. I look forward to it all year long.

So, here I am, in Boston with a bow collecting dust, just waiting for October to get here!

Nice to meet all of you! :beer:

7. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    NEW BEE here,
    Hi all, My name is Chris. I was on the other site also, however i was under another name. I do alot of looking around and not to much posting. I was able to make it to the last GTG. I have been bowhunting for 12 going on 13 seasons now. I like to shoot 3D as well, great practice. I am addicted to bowhunting, my wife would agree with last statement also.

I have a wife and 2 great kids (Son 8 and a Daughter 11).

Yes I am a State Trooper for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania