**Official Team 16 - Buck Patrol - Thread**

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by lurch162534, Aug 29, 2011.

1. KyleLewis

KyleLewis Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Drew back on a nice 8 pter last night! First time drawing back on a deer! Didnt get a shot and after watching until it got dark I cannot wait to take him tonight! He's been at the same place around the same time the past 3 days (that I know of). Yesterday he was with 3 does so needless to say I cannot wait for tonight!!

2. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool! Congrats!

3. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bass Pro Doe.jpg HT DOE.jpg Put another 50 pts on the board.
    Nailed another doe for us on Saturday and finally had camera with me to take pics. Will put on scorecard tomorrow. Also have some video of two bucks fighting and one getting his leg hooked on his left antler. Will post tommorrow.

Congrats to everyone with the great bucks. Good luck the rest of the season.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  4. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a pic of my buck. Don't have full score yet but it should be really good. He's got over 50 inches of score just on his main beams..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BShunter

BShunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What a hoss!!! Sweet buck man! We should be kicking some tail!

6. SuburbanStandout Outdoors

SuburbanStandout Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    EYYYYY OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ive been bugging the taxidermist ehs busy capign bucks 12hrs a day hoping to get a score soon! Congrats HEck of a buck !

7. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got my bucks score added to the scoring thread... Once we get all our scores entered - we should be poised :)

Gross Score: 163 2/8

8. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Took my first deer yesterday! Took a 40 yd shot and railed him! There is one catch, HES A UNICORN! LOL He only has 1 pt. He was a 4 pt, he broke of 1 pt and lost his right antler. Im still proud of him but the first thing I said when I found him was "Its a unicorn!!". Not a wall hanger by any means but I filled my first tag and got some meat in the freezer! I'll post pics later. How do you score a unicorn? Just measure the length and add 50?

9. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Kyle!!

Not sure on the scoring piece, I think it's and either/or type thing... Take the bucks score OR 50 points - but lets see what others say...

10. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, nice job man! 40 yard shot on your first deer? That's a way to start if off!

As for the score, since he's only got one antler you can score that as-is. You won't get spread credit b/c he's lacking the other side. So if that one antlers scores over 50 inches by itself, you'll take that score. If not, you take the default 50 and call it a day.

Congrats man! Buck Patrol is rocking out. :rock:

11. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! Heres a pic of the Unicorn. downsized_1119111210.jpg

12. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats again Kyle on your 1st deer!!

I'm going to be doing a little hunting myself this weekend... Getting my Ross Cardiac all loaded up to use - kinda excited actually... The last couple of years I've considered it my backup bow and was using my BT Captain as my primary... Just wanted a change of pace - ha ha. I've been shooting it (as it's my backup bow) periodically. So grabbed it out of the case and giving it a once over tonight... Also got a couple of slick tricks that I've been messing around with but haven't actually hunted with them yet - I'm going to use them too (normally use 3 blade 100gr Muzzys)... Again - just looking to switch it up and try and fill my last tag.

Hope everyone had a great Turkey day! Happy hunting to all those going out this weekend!

13. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    723 5/8 pts unofficially. Going out tomorrow morning. Unfortunately I only have 1 antlered permit left. I did win the raffle to hunt a very large and promising wildlife preserve up here in MA. I was able to purchase 2 doe permits for the 2 day hunt. That's only a couple weeks away!

14. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Dude! Did you ever get the score on that monster!? I bet with that rack you'd bring the team score pretty close to 900!

15. KyleLewis

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, just saw the updated score board. Nice 5th place not including Subs buck. 4 weeks left for me hopefully I'll be able to knock down a doe. How is everyone else doing? Seems like a couple of our Buck Patrol teamates have been too busy hunting to be on the forums. I sure hope they check in soon with some good news!!

16. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Suuuuuuuuuuuuuub!!!!!!!! Where's your buck score son? We need those points! :D

I tagged out with my 2nd IL buck of the season a couple weekends ago. Not a big, but a solid 3 year old from a farm where I didn't have a single picture of a buck I wanted to shoot all summer. So when he showed up I wasn't about to let him walk. Only grossed around 120, but that's okay. My first one was the only one that mattered for the score.

If we can pick up a late season buck from someone we've got a chance to win this thing.

17. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah if we could get a couple more people to post at least a doe.
    Hunting a piece of property havent hunted all year this weekend. Have had a nice 110 -120 class 10pt on camera for 5 straight days as of yesterday when pulled card and put out more granular minerals.

Everyone who has posted a buck congrats.

18. SuburbanStandout Outdoors

SuburbanStandout Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Frustrated but hopefull

The taxidermist promised me a score b4 gun season im about an hr south of where he lives. Im a senior and working full time on my clinical rotation im trying really hard to get up there this weekend and get the rack back and take it for get scored for pope and young!! I wanna win this too im sry for such the delay! Iv enever scored a buck and i didnt have time with school to mess around with it !!!!!
    Ian
    Suburban Standout Outdoors
    P.s. Also if you guys go on facebook and look us up i wud appreciate the likes :)

19. Gutshotem

Gutshotem Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys, sorry I haven't been around in a while. Been trying to balance family/holiday time with hunting season the past month or so and it's been a little crazy.
    I have good and bad news. Good news--buck down. Bad news--I left the rack at my dads without getting a score and won't be heading back up until Christmas.

He came in chasing a doe pretty quick and is a lot more broken up than I thought, but I'm proud of him. He'll prob go around 100".
    Prob not going to be taking any more time off to bowhunt this year, but I'll be on doe patrol here in MD for the next two months.

Good luck to all you guys grinding it out and congrats to everyone that has put deer in the freezer.
    DSC00787.jpg

20. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:

Nice work, congrats on the buck!

So looks like we are at 723 pts with 2 more bucks left to score? That should start to get us closer to that 1000 pt range... We're in striking distance if we could land a couple more. I'll make it out a couple more times and try to fill a tag on a doe...