Found a Wolf Dead Today

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Marauder, Nov 13, 2011.

1. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't mind them in Wi. as long as they are controlled. Currently they are not and have become a problem just to many. Marauder I don't know how the Wi DNR comes up with the deer numbers but IMO up north theres way to much old growth forest which isn't good habitat for deer and other wildlife. There needs to be more logging done all over the north woods. More hunters in Wi not gun hunters according to the DNR bowhunters maybe. I have hunted in the Hazelhurst area in the past and know the deer numbers are down in that area. Hunters have to regulate there harvest according to number of deer out there, unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

2. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They have single handily ruined Western Elk hunting. Period. NR tag sales in ID, WY, and MT have plummeted. The whole reintroduction was nothing but a money driven blood scandal. They introduced non-native wolves that are much faster/stronger/bigger. Make sense? No. Need for control is so terribly needed that it is wildly disgusting.

When I take my fiance rifle hunting tomorrow I will have extra hunting rounds in one pocket, and FMJ's in the other. Spend any amount of time out west, you will see.

S.S.S All there is too it. Elk hunting will never be the same.

3. ohiohunter

ohiohunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    so were deer so we shouldn't hunt them...right? I don't understand the relevancy in this statement...

4. SilentSling

SilentSling Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree! Big problem in Illinois as well.
    I do believe that with the lack of running water has contributed to the lower numbers
    in the deer population. Very, Very dry year for us!
    Coyotes are like roaches....they eat everything fox,dogs,cats,mice,deer etc.
    I would assume a Wolf would be one up and have coyotes to eat as well. Anyway big problem here coyotes.
    How many fox have you seen in the wild?
    I'll bet not many!
    :hijacked:
    Sorry!

5. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The only good mosquito is a dead mosquito. Jussayn!

6. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All I've got to say is good riddance.

7. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In Alabama, we started having Coyotes show up in the late seventies. The DNR foolishly protected them... now we are overrun with them and they are ruining the hunting on my farm... Certainly wolves may never be quite as numerous or as big a problem as Yotes... but controlling them now instead of later just seems like good advice.

8. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to know if anyone has wolves around them, or their hunting property, and appreciates them. It seems to me that the people that like wolves do not have contact with them.

9. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Was waiting on your take, lol.

I never understood the take when people are saying that we ruined nature as a species (humans). By your logic, humans ARE a part of nature. It fascinates me that we have been able to utilize and balance the planet as over populated as we are. Animals are here for our disposal/use, it wasn't "their" planet that we messed up. I would have a lot less of a problem with wolves if they weren't being introduced to areas they weren't in before, and were allowed to be hunted/controlled (very slowly starting to happen).

I only hope there will be a freakin Elk left in WY when I cash in my preference points in a few years, lol.

10. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not strongly for or against wolves, but I hope governments have learned a lesson and think ahead in the future. The great lake states and Western states have reached and surpassed population goals yet the situation remains tied up in the court systems through special interest groups, its hard for me to understand how every step and situation isn't more thought through, seems it a see what happens and react mentality. in the UP Sportsman paid for the reintroduction of moose with a huntable population goal of 600 animals, agree or not a goal was set and reached, how do we still allow special interest groups factor into the equations.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  11. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hate to break it to you but hunters are a special interest group too, and we're unfortunately not always in the majority.

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    From tonight (turn up the sound)

[video=youtube_share;rCwmMedVowM]http://youtu.be/rCwmMedVowM[/video]

I live in possibly the most dense wolf population in the world, certainly the lower 48...

Had a dog attacked by wolves, two neighbors dogs killed, nearly as many wolves on trail camera this year as deer... still like them.

13. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool video/audio, Fitz, but you can keep 'em... my huntable critters and I will thrive without them.

14. tdk5525

tdk5525 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Purebowhunting said, "I'm not strongly for or against wolves, but I hope governments have learned a lesson and think ahead in the future"....you real funny guy....you real Bob Hope. I wish our government could learn lessons too. Lets all rub our magic laps tonight.