DOGS!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PCO50, Nov 8, 2011.

1. SilentSling

SilentSling Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto,
    Coyotes eat them too! Shot three Coyotes the other morning missed the fourth twice!
    These people can't even feed their kids and they have puppies they think they can sell and that don't work out so they dump'm...only the strong make it. Coyotes are thick! IMHO!

2. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They don't get any slack here. But where I deer hunt cows are in the same pasture. If I know the dog and the owner I warn them once. Dogs that chase animals don't last long around here and its legal here to shoot animals harassing livestock. People also drop dogs off they don't want. Have taken a few agressive ones. Tell your DNR they may have a suggestion and there is probably a law against letting your dogs chase deer.

3. wis_bow_huntr

wis_bow_huntr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot em in the guts, theyll go a long ways, keep your mouth shut about it..

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is one of the main reasons deer skirt our property from time to time. However with the main "problem dogs" getting older this hasn't been as big of a deal and it is decreasing a little with each passing year....I guess now they'll prolly get a puppy and we'll just have to restart! ugh....

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do have a buddy who actually carry a high power air pistol for this very reason....lots of dogs with sore butts where he hunts...but they don't come around as much now ;)

6. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is the most pathetic post in this thread. If you are going to shoot something, shoot to kill.

7. SilentSling

Dislikes Received:
    I think with the hardware on the end of these arrows it will die, he's just a little tired of dragging stupid $hit like coyotes, coydogs etc. away from his hunting grounds.
    Kudos to him!
    Free Delivery!
    Good Info. Occasionally one has to be drug out...he's apparently been there done that!
    IMHO!
    [​IMG]
    SilentSling

8. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot the dogs...who cares if you're breaking the law...which in most states you are. Just don't drink a beer and do it the the bh.c bowhunting saints will be all over you....you drunken lush dog killer you.

These threads are a trip.

All kidding aside if dogs are actually running deer on my property or where I'm hunting then I'm cutting them off and trying to get a shot at the deer, it's fun and rarely are the deer actually running. They're usually slipping along and easy to stop. I've hunted in VA and NC my whole life "cutting to the chase" is not just an expression here.

9. brucelanthier

brucelanthier Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Why drag them out? Something will eat them and dead bodies don't bother deer. I am surprised that "hunters" wound intentionally wound something and not shoot to kill.

It is interesting the mentality that these threads reveal. Gut shoot a deer on purpose and you would be reviled yet, suggest gut shooting a "bothersome" animal and you are celebrated. I always thought "hunters" were the people that most understand the concept of killing quickly and humanely. I suppose I am mistaken.

10. SilentSling

Dislikes Received:
    I think he or she will go home to their den and pass in the presents of offspring. Now is that better?
    Become Fertilizer! And feed the World! Nitrogen is just to damn high!

It think its pretty $hitty to think we're talking about K9's and you mention gut shooting a deer...WTF bro!
    That kind of behavior don't help this web sites cred.
    IMHO!
    Crack must be killing u...get a different pic!
    [​IMG]

11. Jake/OH

Jake/OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't ask Don't tell...

12. Cobane

Cobane Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My buddies dog took down a small 4 point this month. It was unfortunate because the deer had potential but his dog is territorial about his cage

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So it is clear ... THIS is the original post .... I totally agree with talking to the owners numerous times .... and I totally disagree with wounding the dog for a long painful death ....but when all else fails ..... POW!

14. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We spent the weekend in GA hunting next to another lease that was running dogs:( We didn't see a thing.

Don't think the dogs no the boundaries of our leases:(

15. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is possibly the most unintelligible post I have seen on this site. And believe me, there have been quite a few!

Since when did dogs start living in dens? Is the gut-shot dog taking its offspring presents, or dieing in their presence?? Is what better??? Where did anyone mention fertilizer and the price of nitorgen being "too" high?? So you agree that gut-shooting a deer is poor morality, but its okay for dogs??? And a reference to crack......, the veterans here recognize your circular agruments and ad hominem attacks instantly. We were well schooled in the theory of argument long ago by the master. Your not dealing with room temperature IQ's on a barstool here. Speaking of cred, yours has dropped off the chart. By the way, skirting the profanity filter is kind of a gut-shot to the admins., but I doubt if they will bring you presents.

Bruce is spot on here.

16. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think the pellet gun or paintball gun will do the trick. I know it works on coyotes. I have a pug and walk him at night actually got approached by a coyote and lit him up. Never saw him again and I don't walk my dog without it. I don't think killing the dogs is the way to go IMO!!!

17. PCO50

PCO50 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well non of these dogs have collars. And all of our neighbors have talked to them about this. My relatives have personally seen these dogs chasing deer while they were in the stand. We have also talked with the Game Warden/ CO and they can't really do anything about it. I thank you all for the advice

18. OctaneRudi

OctaneRudi Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hahahahha that made my day.

19. PCOutfitters

PCOutfitters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would shoot a dog on the spot if it was running my deer. There's a 98.523% chance that its a stray anyways where i'm at because my neighbors know to kennel their dogs. So worrying about poor little Jimmy looking for Fido in the weeks to come is not going to be a problem. I would definitely not gut shoot it though, I would shoot it just like any other animal I hunt and not feel one bit of remorse for it. For how much money and work I pile into hunting, i'm not about to let a stray dog ruin it. That's just my opinion. However, if i see a collar on the dog or I know it's one of my neighbors, I'll bring it back and have a talk with the owners. And as for the "I would never shoot a dog because its a dog" view, a dog dies the same way a booner buck dies. Why congratulate the killing of one and be disappointed in the other?

20. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I grew up hunting with dogs here is FL. just grab your shotgun, Bubba truck and rebel flag and get ahead of the dogs!! better be a good shot, then deer are quick with a pack of Hounds on them.

:sheep: