Team 7 Official Thread.

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by MGH_PA, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Rut Junkie

Rut Junkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will be going to the Bone Yard for 2 weeks on Friday, I have my bag of tricks packed and in the truck. I have 4 tages and plan on filling all of them. When I was hunting last weekend I saw scraps and a lot of rub showing up. I had a 6x6 come by my stand at about 100 yards, it look to be in that 160 range, we do not have an photos of this buck. The bucks are geting a little chipy too. I saw some of the young bucks chasing does in the morning last weekend.

2. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Chipy?!!!

3. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Seen the OT schedule at work and I have the entire weekend off. I'll be out there Friday, Saturday and Sunday for at least 2 all day sits.

Last year on Halloween weekend I seen the first of the prerut action, hoping for the same just a better end result. Or rather something to actually step out of the cover in range. Weather should be good, coold and Northerly winds Friday and Saturday but shifting to the South on Sunday.

I need to start restocking the freezer so unless I see something that keeps me from shooting first opportunity, I think I can get away with hanging one for a day in 50's temps and lows in the 30's.

Good Luck to anyone else going out these next few weeks, I'm looking forward to them. Shoot for you and not the team, most of all enjoy the time in nature.

4. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, that could not have been any further from the actuality.

I ended up sitting until about 10am on Friday and that was the end of it. Friday was ruined by coyotes, and the rest of the weekend didn't play out. Had some family from out of town stay at my house for a weekend event to save some money on a hotel. Stayed up late that Friday night visiting so Saturday was a wash. Sunday was just one of those ugly days, wind driven showers/drizzle all day. Gusts to 35 from the wrong direction told me to save my gas.

I'm starting to lose the confidence a bit, passed on a few opening day "knowing" I'd have chances each hunt. So far that's not working out, 2nd hunt nothing in range, 3rd hunt a sprinting doe fawn being chased by 'yotes. Put one of them down but no points for the turkey killers.

All I have to do is make it through Thursday. I'll have Friday-sunday off then work Monday and Tuesday and start my vacation until the 15th. It's that time of year so I'm not discouraged, just a little bit rattled. Shotgun season starts on the 18th, I have 9 days off between now and then. Hopefully they're the right days.

5. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a doe this evening! Tough spot too. Public land about 1/2 mile from the car though a bog on an island in the middle of a swamp! Tough drag getting her out. Couldn't have done it without help from Bowhunting.com's own Mike Willand. If you guys haven't watched his and Justin's video's, do yourself a favor and watch them. I'll post pics tomorrow. Right now it's 11:30 and I'm having a bourbon on the rocks and relaxing!

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe

7. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got the treat last night, but the doe got the trick! Slick Trick that is! 2011-11-01_08.49.14.jpg 2011-11-01_08.42.14.jpg

8. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats, Andy!

I'm holding off on the does for now, and concentrating on the bucks. I'm seeing some on the drives out, but I'm hitting the does hard now. If I hunt where they're at (and I do), it's only a matter of time until I at least see something.

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope this weekend is primed in west-central IL. My sails were a bit deflated today.

My work decided to put everyone on mandatory 12 hour shifts for at least the entire month, tried to make me work this weekend but I think I will have it off. Told them if I'm able to get something in the freezer I'd come in a day or two if possible. I've got my vacation set to start next Wednesday through Monday, I'm fearing that may be in jeopardy now. I'll hold my ground on it as much as I can, but ultimately they'll have the final say, not worth risking my job. Peak of the rut coming up and they want me to alternate 72 and 84 hour weeks.

Needless to say I am making this weekend count as far as time in stand goes, can't control the deer but I can be there in wait. Hopefully this all works out, I'm just in a state of disbelief right now

10. Rut Junkie

Rut Junkie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I am 5 daysinto my 2 week hunt. I have passed on two buck that would be 120, I have alsoseen a 160 6x6 he about 100 yards away. Have a trail pic of a 5x5 that is 150to 160 on a little food plot we have. It look like the first does are cominginto heat. Most of our does have move off the property and i am not sure why.Any thoughts on this? It is not presser on them. We had the last corn fieldstanding in the area and it was picked last week. That is the only thing thathas changed.

Today sucks the winds are blowing 20 to 30 and raining with temps of 45. Assoon as it stops raining I will be out to a ground blind.

I hope you all are having a great hunt and having fun!!!!

11. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got one down today, haven't scored him yet though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Great looking buck.

13. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done!
    I didn't see any deer this afternoon, but there are two less coyotes in the world!

14. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys

My vacation starts on Wednesday. Was debating canceling it and waiting for shotgun season, but think I'm going to go ahead and buy another set of archery tags. Brother and a friend are both wanting a deer, so might as well hunt the peak of the rut as well. Have a bottle of estrous set to ship out today, hate to waste it. Should be a fun week

15. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My long awaited vacation has started. Think I'm going to hold off until Thursday to head out though. Between daylight savings time forcing me to get up at 2:30, and winds forecast to gust into the mid 30's, think I'm going to wait it out. I've got the next 6 days off, I'll get out there as much as possible. With the rut coming into full swing it should be a fun one.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well, that didn't go anything like I envisioned. I'm going to have to rethink when I take my vacation next year. Complete bust, wind kept me out of the stand 2 days. Sat 3 all days and one afternoon, think I have a bit of windburn and maybe even sunburn to show for it. It's so hard to shoot a doe when you have a buck tag and the rut is supposed to be full swing, one of these times I'll let hindsight and foresight become friends and just take the shot.

I'll be back out there hopefully Thanksgiving weekend. Have firearm season this weekend and I have a feeling work is going to hammer me with OT to make up for vacation time missed after that.

Good luck to the rest of you still hunting hard.

17. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys I have a buck down with a big body and smaller 8pt rack. I will post pics and score later. Shot this one on Saturday and missed a 140-150 10 pt 15yds away on friday morn chasing a doe. I'm a little sick still from the miss shot right over the top. I never placed the pin when i shot.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome, congrats on the buck!

19. Dr Andy

Dr Andy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck! Post the pics!

20. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Looking forward to seeing the pictures!