Team 23 - Team Betty Crockett

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Hunteropel, Aug 29, 2011.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I cant tell. In the last pick it looks like his left side may have a small drop?

2. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Hunteropel,
    how do you like your bushnell cam so far? as far as nighttime pics? I love mine, except it seems the camera is able to trigger on things from a long distance but the flash won't reach a lot of times. Nice bucks btw

3. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Opel I believe it might just be a double beam!! Well guys so far it has been just Does and small Bucks! I went to my other lease today, got back in the swamp and believe I hit the jack pot. I jumped a very heavy (DEER) out of its bed on a very thin strip between 2 swamps. It sounded like a Horse galloping through the swamp water. This also happened 1 month ago 80 yards from there when I approached from the other side. Its a B to get to but I think I have it figured out. Gonna give it a week to cool off then im in there to see what happens unless I kill something else befor that!

4. Hunteropel

Hunteropel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Beagle- I like the camera alot but I also think the range is not far enough at night, but the batteries last so long, I have taken over 5000 pics on a single set of batteries..

Crick- Good luck!!!!!!

5. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, the battery life is insane!!! You really gotta set it up just right to get optimum nighttime pics, but the trigger speed sure is quick. I definitely would recommend them

6. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Damn work! I know I'll pull the card on the camera under my tree tomorrow and see that bear standing there posing for me with a date stamp from right now!! I should have been out of here an hour ago!

7. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    Well nothing else to do this weekend but hunt!!!! Then it will be slim for awhile, I have got 2 weeks of hauling to do and a couple of benefits and fundraisers to work at and then I am off for 2 months to hunt and trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Are you ladies baking a cake or what? I see nothing but talk going on in the kitchen. Come on Team 23, Help keep this thing close!

Rob, hope you get your bear! Crick, Bust That Buck! Chris and Opel, keep pounding away!

Rob, SexY Rexy has passed on several small muleys. Tony from Texas smashed a 5x5 bull yesterday. I'm sure they are enjoying themselves. I'm heading up there today to lend a hand. I think we will shoot to Wyoming for one day of antelope hunting Sunday.
    I will let you know how we do! One of these days I'll start hunting deer...

9. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    Huck- Like any GOOD cake you have to have the right ingredients!!!

Like a fine wine it gets better with age!!!!!

In this race it isnt who is out of the gate first but who finishes it FIRST.

A few years ago I was on a team and we came out on fire, held the lead for over a month, but then we hit a wall and couldnt get over it, if you look at the scores here, most of it is from does and the bucks are just starting to play a part.. Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

10. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Will for the support. Were just getting started :) I had an awesome morning but no big boy to shoot at. I had 5 different Doe's, 3 fawns and 2 small Bucks come through this morning. From about an hour after daylight till 11:00 Found some monster Rubs on the way back and some nice scrapes close by them!

11. KodiakArcher

KodiakArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck this weekend guys!

12. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    3 day weekend for me boys and nothing to do but hunt!!! I am pumped. looks like beautiful weather and it sounds like a few people have been seeing some daylight activity so things are heating up! Good luck boys, I look foward to some treestand texts!

13. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    It is starting, seen a couple of little bucks running with noses to the ground, but seen a big one and he seemed to care less. Need a week or two of cold weather to get them big boys horny and stupid!!!!!

14. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    5 Doe's this morning was all I seen. Im suprised the teenager Bucks were not dogging them yet. It was 38 this morning. My son was 50 yards from me and had a 2.5 Buck sneak up on him. He got busted moving! I have 2 more weeks off plus the weekends. Getting ready for some rattling action and all day sits soon!

15. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    I will start some all day sits in a week or so, alot of my cameras are still get the big boys at night.. Good luck to everyone..

16. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe it's just the public land I'm hunting, and pressure isn't a factor, but I have seen about 6 deer in the last 69 hours on stand! I'm not kidding. The last 3 days (one spike) were all day sits too! I haven't even heard any deer chasing in the woods yet. Normally, in my area, the last week of Oct is a great time to be in the woods, unless it happens next week. It's as slow at this time as I've ever seen in the past. I guess it can only get better. lol

17. Beagle001

Dislikes Received:
    I saw 4 bucks this morning, all small. One was chasing a couple does all over creation.
    I also checked my cameras, and the one that was getting the nice bucks... got my coon hunting cousins at 2 in the morning... Not very happy but not a whole lot I can do about it.. Just unfortunate, but that's generally the case it seems lately... I cannot catch a break

18. rickmur

rickmur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday was the worst day I have ever had hunting. I won't go into details but trust me it was a bad day. Just a clue how it all started out was I realized when we got halfway back into the very hilly area we hunt that I forgot to get my quiver out of the bow case. Add in we were going in while that nasty noreaster was hammering us with rain and snow and it just went downhill from there. I did see my first deer while hunting this year (my 16th sit) and passed her up due to the weather conditions.

19. Hunteropel

Dislikes Received:
    Wow sounds like a tough day, 16 sits and one deer, WOW!!!!!!!

20. Jim1966

Jim1966 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heres 50 more points for our team. I shot these 2 yesterday morning. Was in stand 15 minutes when they came in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]