Team 19 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by purebowhunting, Aug 29, 2011.

1. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I put a camera on a property I've been chasing a buck for three years now and finally got a picture of him this past week. He's not a high scoring buck, but he's old and I have a lot of history with him. I have 5 of his last 6 sheds, hundreds of trail cam pictures, and six bowhunting encounters. This past season, I grunted him to the base of my tree. He came directly at me and when he was directly under me I tried to turn to take a shot as he passed by, he looked directly up at me and spooked, running ten yards and turning broadside. On the shot my bottom limb hit the rail of my summit sending my arrow into the dirt at his feet. A ten yard miss! This year he's the buck I'm after, he'll only score around 130 inches but he'd be the final touches to a lot of memories. I believe he's a 6-1/2 years old, huge bodied deer. It should start getting fun, good luck guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is an awesome buck! He looks like a cow with antlers on. Nice pics. Hope you see him at 20 yards broadside.

3. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice deer! hope you get him!!!

4. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Hows everyone doing?

5. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been since last weekend. I am heading west again this weekend and hope they are still moving good. I will let ya'll know how it goes once I get back.

6. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I'm headed to Wisconsin tonight for a three day hunt, it's suppose to be fairly windy all weekend with winds 20-30 mph but cooler finally! I hope to get a doe, I have one of the few uncut cornfields in the area so it should be holding some does for sure. Although the wind is going to be strong, it's in a good direction so I'm pumped. I've had a camera on a scrape/rub line for three weeks, I'll post pics if I get anything good. Good luck guys!

7. ALL4HUNTIN

ALL4HUNTIN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got into that bottom/bedding area without spooking anything.. Had several does come in and a MONSTER buck (could not make out horns) at last light.. He stood up and tried to mount a doe but she was not interested.. The Doe's went over and stirred up the leaves (Yellow Jacket Ground Nest) and were all getting stung.. Flipping up in the air, shaking their heads, running in circles, jumping, etc... Man, it was funny.. I know what happened cause those Yellow Jackets came shooting out of the ground like a cannon when I walked over there.. Got stung a bunch, almost needed my Eppi Pen.. But the stand is up and I am headed back in there on the 22nd til the 31st.. Talking a big bruiser outta there guarenteed !!!! Every tree is rubbed and the piles of buck poop are HUGE in there.. Defiantely an all day sit !!! 50 yards in every direction is thick nasty bedding areas.. Will keep ya posted !!

Good luck all !!!!!!!!!

8. Archie

Archie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well my Ga. hunt was a bust. I hunted hard for three days but no shot. I saw three little bucks and a bunch of does. Nothing in range though. I'll keep at it when I get home again. Good luck everyone!

9. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    any luck???????......I will be out tomorrow evening and Wednesday along with friday morning

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted Friday night and only saw a coyote. It was just too dark to take the shot though. Saturday morning, I saw anywhere between 10 and 20 doe. All just on the other side of my field, about 150 yards away. Saw them all before 9am. I saw 1 small 4pt over there also. I grunted and doe bleated and he came right to the base of my tree. I was done hunting at 9am because I had left my daughter alone in the house(she's 8). Hunted Saturday night and only saw this little guy.

[​IMG]

11. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted all weekend and had a lot of encounters. I seen three mature bucks but all were to far with the closest being 62 yrds away. They morning I finally decided to shoot a doe, none came in close enough. It was tough hunting, deer don't move alot in 86 degree weather. But I will be powder hunting the next two weekends and plan on picking the bow back up in the beginning of November.

12. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    No luck here, passed a young 8 point on Saturday morning. Saw a small six point, got some pictures of some decent bucks, 120class, I'll post them if I get a chance. It was real windy, 20+ mhp all weekend, should have taken a doe but that's what late season is for. I did end up cutting my bowstring and one cable, don't know how but it's pretty bad and all needs to be replaced. Definately not when you what that to happen, so I'll be hitting the range hard the next week or so.

13. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    That stinks purebowhunting...and cool stories guys!! Dont worry most of the corn hasnt come out yet! or it hasnt here

14. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Going out Friday morning....im hanging a new stand with rubs and scrapes all around it which should allow me to see more deer

15. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    How is everyone doing? i will be out Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday morning

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I hung a new stand on Friday night/ Saturday morning. Sat in it Saturday night. Only saw 2 deer, but they were big boys. Both were out of range, and I couldn't get them to come in. I know this is going to be a good stand location. I've been wanting to put one there for the last couple years, but never thought I could find a good tree for it. I checked it out, and there was one tree that was good for a stand. It is in a hedge row, but there is one good tree that's not a hedge. Should be a great stand. I'm going to give it till next weekend before I sit in it again since I had to do quite a bit of clearing of the hedge around it so I could get some shooting lanes.

17. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a sweet spot Skywalker, hope you can slam one! I got the bow set-up with the new string and have it shooting pretty good, one more day to practice before I head to Wisconsin on Wednesday. Halloween weekend has always been one of by best weekends, last year I saw five bucks that would have scored 150+, just hope I can seal the deal this year! Should be fun, good luck guys, we need a weekend like the fuzzy wuzzys, they put about 300 pts on the board the past few days. Lets get it done, good luck guys.

18. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck yet??

19. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Passed up a small 8 point with my daughter tonight. I'm going out in the morning. It should be good. The 8 point was definitely cruising. I have seen a lot of rubs and scrapes.

Good luck this weekend

20. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    I passed on a beautiful main frame eight with split brows tonight at 20 yards, probably go around 130", I had a 140 inch ten feeding towards me at the time, he then went chasing does. Great hunt, should really start heating up, get in the woods if you can, good luck.