T3's from G5

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by indianabrandon, Oct 18, 2011.

1. indianabrandon

indianabrandon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    anyone running these and if so have you stuck with them and what do you think? i switched this season from my long time slick tricks and still waiting so sling 1

2. SuburbanStandout Outdoors

SuburbanStandout Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    T3 Damage

11p4.jpg

I will never shoot another head again this is the damage of a quatering away shot by a g5 T3 no deflecting sliced him open the whole way into his chest!

3. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Shot 2 deer with a T3 this year... the first one... perfect 11 yards quartered away... Blood trail was terrible... look at these pics and tell me why there wasn't a red carpet leading to my deer. There was enough to stay consistent, but only a drop at a time.

Entrance behind shoulder
    [​IMG]

Exit in front of opposite shoulder
    [​IMG]

Ther second deer I spined... so you know how that ended...

Furthermore, 2 of my friends have shot 2 deer with a T3 this year and neither one of them found their deer due to lack of blood trail... I don't understand it myself... I'm sure it's just a bad string of stories that surround me... many people Have great success out of them... but I'm torn.

This is the video of the deer he shot... This deer was never found... Blood trail disappeared.
    [video=youtube_share;L_Klok7jQPY]http://youtu.be/L_Klok7jQPY[/video]

4. StringJunkie

StringJunkie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    T3 is the real deal!

Put down a down with a complete pass through double lung ran 40 yds watched her go down. Put one through a muley buck in one shoulder and half way out the other went down 20 yds. Pullin 29in draw 70lbs. Love these heads problem is I have to order my replacement clips and blades, most store don't cary them so be keep that in mind. Make sure they are locked in correctly there is a how to video on G5's website.

5. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buddy swore to me they were the best! Well first deer that walked out he was shaking so bad the broadheads rattled and spooked the deer off. We took them apart to make sure we assembled them correct and they were exact to the packages directions. This wasnt just a little rattle either the deer was 30 yards away and spooked it was so loud. I have never had any issue with my rages or wasp jackhammers. Also I have never had to tear a broadhead apart after a practice shot or hitting a deer to replace the retainment clip that holds the blades up.

6. Meathunter

Meathunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot my buck this year with the T3 massive entry and exit holes and a blood trail a blind guy could track, didn't go 40 yards.

I have never had a problem with them rattling other than taking them out of my quiver which my brother has the same issues with the rage. the retainment clip you can use multiple times as long as you do not bend them so much that you break them. I have shot the tekans, tekan2, and the T3 and would not trade them for anything else out there.

7. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a doe this year with these and it was impressive. Big blood trail. Arrow didn't completely pass through deer, but that was due to hitting the front shoulder when exiting. It still went through. Deer was found 30-40 yards. If you put a good shot on the deer these will do the job very well.

When I bought I got a tip from an employee that used them. Take the spider looking thing off and make sure that the blades are closed in tight to the broadhead. He said as long as you do this you won't have any problem. Can't remember why he told me to do this, but they worked. Cabelas website had great reviews which is why I decided to buy them. Shot very close to my field tips also.

8. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    By far my favorite broadhead. I do not remove the spider clips and have had fantastic results.

9. scooters

scooters Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Used Rage last yr and the T3 this yr. Shot a doe and buck last yr with good results and shot doe this yr with good results. The blood trail on the T3 was better but it only went 20yds so I didn't need to track much. The t3 setup looks to be more durable but hopfully another deer on the ground will confirm my thoughts.

10. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well this video is probably a sales gimmick, but if this is how it actually shoots, I'll be impressed. I shoot Muzzy MX-3's now but I might consider these also if they work as good as this video says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1FKrv9gUk

11. indianabrandon

indianabrandon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    right on..thanks guys for the input..i hope to have a good result with them.just need to find the deer i want to smak with them.

12. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I asked this same question before the season started with little response, so i picked up a pack off ebay. I've killed 4 does this year so far, the first 2 with T3's. Neither deer had a blood trail worth a crap and both were excellent shots. Both deer ran about 70-80 yards before dying. If I hadn't seen where the second deer went, I might not have found it. Two of the worst blood trails ever. I killed the next 2 with my Rages, both bled like they had been shot with an ax (love saying that). My last one will be used for raccoon's. Good luck, pay close attention to the deer after the shot it may be the last time you see it (kidding....kinda)

13. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Might not have been very clear. Sorry. He said to take off the clip. Then make sure blades are in tight and put clip back on. I'm stopping over to get some other things tonight. I'll try to ask the guy who helped me why he said to do this.

14. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Brandon,

What do you think is causing the lack of blood? I had excellent entry and exit holes on my deer, but the thing went over 200 yards.. with pen drops... I don't understand it myself... I now have 5 Confirmed stories of people I personally know including myself that has had Terrible blood trails from the T3... That's enough for me...

I have 2 ferrules if anybody wants them...

15. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was shooting the muzzy mx3's but changed to Shuttle T Locks. The muzzy's in my opinion have to thin of blades. The T locks are solid and the one I shot my deer with looked like it was brand new. My Muzzy i shot my turkey with looked like it had been through a meat grinder. I still like muzzy and keep on in my quiver but I hate having to baby them.

And you can quote me that I will never buy an expandable broadhead. I love fixed blades and the only way I'd use an expandable is if someone gave me one and only then if would be because I missed with three fixed broadheads first.

16. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The owner of the shop I go to said he tried the T3s and it's the only deer he's never been able to find. He said the shot was good and was a complete pass through. The blades deployed and everything, just no blood and couldn't find the deer.

That said, all the big names use this head... Crush, Waddell, Kisky... they all use T3s.

17. NCcrittergitter

NCcrittergitter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Aaron I have no idea. You know me I"m into bashing products if it had been a bad shot then I"d never said a word but both does we're dead on their feet and the trail was nonexistent on one doe. I"m sure they'll kill as good as anything, but it's a confidence thing at this point.

18. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: