iOS 5 available for your iPhone 4

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Fitz, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm downloading it as we speak :nana:

This makes me feel much better about the 4s coming out, I thought I was going to get pimped out of the new iOS... guess not.

2. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dial a number and someone answers.... or my phone plays that stupid song and I answer. That's all I want to know. I have no apps, fios, feeds or naked women on my phone. Alas, I do have to always dial the 10 digit number because I still have a Maryland number. LOL I do have a phone book and can do speed dial. LOL

3. CW44

CW44 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    iOS 5? What language is that? lol

4. Jim_IV

Jim_IV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How long did the download take? I need to download it. Does it come up when you connect to iTunes through the computer?

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I was prompted in iTunes. Download took about 60 min. Setup took another 30.

Works pretty sweet! I love the shortcut to the camera from the lock screen. Also notifications are easily managed.

So far so good :tu:

6. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    IOS 5 is written in C I believe, using x-code.

The guy who developed C computer language Dennis Ritchie died the same weak as Steve Jobs. Ritchie was the reason we have all the cool gadgets we have today. Everything apple does uses C.

7. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys I have a question. I have been a Droid X user and like it very much. But I fell into the drink fishing, lol short answer need new phone. I had insurance and can replace the phone for 100 bucks OR purchase different phone with last upgrade on account. I always liked the feel and response time of the Iphone at a glance but always preferred my DroidX that I was comfortable and familiar with. Besides losing Google Navigation which was the biggest downer and no back button on the Iphone that I can find, after 2 days I am wondering if this is what I want for the next 2 years. Anyways I love the feel and purchased the mophie battery case and the portable wall charger with integrated battery. Siri is very helpful and the camera is pretty awesome so far. Do you guys love your Iphone and do I just need to get use to the navigation around the phone? Obviously as a first Apple product for me it will take some time to get use to. Any tips? I have 14 days but my wife already said she would trade me for her Droid revolution which is new also and 4G. Hit me with the truth.. Thanks!

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I like my iPhone a lot. I find it easier to use than the Droids I've messed with, but I'd had both PCs & Macs since high school. I would suggest looking through the iPhone user guide ( you can download it of free through the iBooks app. There are also some basic tips & tricks found here --- http://www.apple.com/iphone/tips/

I think some of the Droid phone do some things better, but in my opinion, Apple always does things first, and in a better overall package.

9. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    iOS 5 has been great for me so far. Several little changes in it that I really like. Although it is my year to upgrade so I'll have a 4S before the end of the year.

10. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I updated mine on saturday. Not for sure how long it took because I plugged it in overnight. Cool new features and upgrades.

11. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Excellent thanks Fitz that was helpful info. I know it takes awhile to figure a new phone out and being a few days in it's coming along. Iphone feels so much more durable and responsive than my droid did.

12. Flooper888

Flooper888 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Updated to iOS5 on my iPhone4 last night. Works great. Like the new features

:tu: :tu: :tu: