Climber Help ?!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by turtle, Oct 6, 2011.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from the fact that its comical to think turtle left his seat up in the tree, hugging the tree and climbing isn't all that dangerous IMO. I did this method for years with a Loggy Bayou climber and never once had a "scary moment". In fact it felt natural to climb that way, so much so that when I switched to a Summit stand, I felt completely out of control being away from the tree while climbing. Of course, it was only mental thing and was actually easier and safer. Sometimes I miss that 12lb, one piece climber that felt like a hang on once in the tree.

I doubt its any more unsafe than climbing into a hang on. And I doubt anyone doesn't "hug" the tree from time to time as you ascend or decent on of those.

Regardless, if you're wearing a safety harness the whole time, it shouldn't be an issue.

2. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    CLIMB
    [​IMG]

3. Southernboy

Southernboy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This thread reminds me of one I did a couple of years ago in which I claimed that I had started trying to Practice shooting while I was under stress so as to more accurately replicate shooting at a live deer...

So I would shoot a broadhead straight up in the air and run around under it until it hit the ground.

SB

4. tek4life

tek4life Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As said please don't use that method for likely to fall. The seat part helps catch you if you lose your balance without there is only your feet that are attached to anything I see a horrible outcome even with a safety harness. If you plan on hunting the same tree more then one hunt I'd suggest a lock on and sticks then you can take the bottom two sticks off and be SAFE. otherwise just pack the climber out if on public land. just my .02 cents

5. turtle

turtle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the tip

6. turtle

turtle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Greeeaaaat! Thanks Muzzyman88 lol!!!

7. turtle

turtle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I wasn't kidding! lol! I always thought "The only dumb question is , the question not asked!" But I kinda wish I kept this one to myself lol! But seriously I now know better . Unfortunatly like Muzzyman88 said now I will be known as "That Guy"!

8. turtle

turtle Newb

Dislikes Received:
    HaHaHa!!!!

9. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of people on here jump to conclusions and rip others apart because it isn't their way of doing things. Take the attacks with a grain of salt, but the most important lesson learned is always take safety precautions. I know its a little intimidating ( you said its your first or second year) getting out there, but those climbers are made to be used in unison. Its a much safer route to take. Its also nice if you have both pieces with you in case you don't feel like climbing the same tree as before. This way you don't spend an hour just climbing up to retrieve your seat. Good luck this season.

10. Hardcore Huntin'

Hardcore Huntin' Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Turtle... don't forget to bring a few left handed crescent wrenches with in case you have to make any adjustments to your stand while you're in it....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kiddin'