***TEAM 28's Official Thread***

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Fitz, Aug 29, 2011.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    CONGRATS! That is HUGE news man. Take two different pics with you, your bow, and the deer. Then post those pics on here in the main post. If you need help posting, you can email the pics and I will post them for you so we can add points for our team.

[email protected]

GOOD job Burglar!

2. Burglar

Burglar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the excitement of my first kill as a bow hunter he got two pictures but they look the same. I hope this won't be a problem. I will try tomorrow.

Thanks much,
    David T.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Big congrats David! Way to get it done :tu:

Post up the photos and we'll see if they'll work. If you get time this week, tell us the story of the hunt!

4. rybo

rybo Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Burglar!

Pretty slow weekend. Getting slightly annoyed. It shouldn't be this difficult to get a doe in range. The only 2 deer in range were small bucks. Actually didn't even see many deer overall either.

5. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check my cams in KY yesterday and had two stud 10pts on it and several does finally showing up. Hunted last night in OH and only had one buck come through that was to small. Gotta play Mr. mom this week so wont be back out until this weekend, but im gonna hit it hard in KY.
    Good Job Burglar!

6. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted a hit or miss spot. I missed...hahaha. I thought I could catch a buck going back to bed. It took me an hour and twenty minutes to cover 3/4th's of a mile through the timber this morning and set-up. It was so dang thick. I will get an afternoon hunt in Saturday. That might be my last hunt until October 29th. :(

7. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    very nice Congrats!

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm halfway across the lake boys. Hoping for a good sit! :tu:

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Back in the saddle again.

[​IMG]

10. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great Sit This Am
    To bad nothing showed up to accept an arrow:nana:. The bush did come alive at 8:45 with tons of light I never made an animal out. Sure could hear them though. It was like a parade of leaves falling with the wind this morning. MAde a few more scrapes on my way out this afternoon. Made it till 1:30 today from 6:15 this morning. Not bad for this early in the season. Sure had good feelings about this sit though,oh well that's bow hunting.
    Burglar
    Awesome feat getting your 1st deer with a bow huh! Congrats, can't wait to hear about your hunt.
    Rocky

11. Burglar

Burglar Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Doe Dead

Deer.jpg
    This is the Doe I got. She came in with about 10 minutes left in hunting time friday night. Came in from behind me and took about 5 minutes for me to get a side shot. I thought she would never turn sideways to me for the shot. I finally got the 15 yard shot. She ran about 60 yards before dropping. That was sweet. I was still shaking 2 hours later.
    I hope to do this again in 2-4 weeks. I also now believe in scent proofing myself. Last year did not see any deer and this year so far with the scent blocker and other products I have seen 2 within 20 yards of me.

Thanks for the great responses,
    David T.

12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Burglar, you need one more picture of you, your bow, and the deer on the score thread. By the way, GREAT job on your first deer!

13. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Morning guys, Hope all is well... way out in your worlds! Raining to beat heck out west here, temps in the low 40s at night, mid 50s during the day.. Gonna get back in the stand most likely tomorrow.. Got a little more elk meat to finish up tonight and a bunch of firewood to get stacked. Suppose to be real windy this evening anywhoo.. Time to get a little more blood on the ground!

14. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Hey Dave, congrats again.. great to see you get your first deer with the bow.. addiction sets in now! :)

15. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Shed congrats on getting on BBO prostaff, I guess its NextBuk outdoors now but either way congrats. I was on their prostaff last year but had a hard time being on a prostaff with guys I didnt know or hunt with very often so politely broke it off on my end. Jarrod and Lee are truely good guys and would do anything for anyone, I just had a buddy close to home start a show and needed help. Either way glad were on the same team here.... we got some talent on this team! Going back to KY this weekend to try and kill the 160" 10pt i posted under the trail cam section. Check him out if you havnt, title is "If theres corn out.... Hes there" Good luck teammates!

16. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck out there guys! Windy today and hot again. Supposed to coll down and be wet for the next few days. I was debating if I was going to sit tonight, but I'm electing not to. I don't wanna mess up the area too much, these deer seem to be pretty shy. I'm going to wait for better conditions.

I did check the cameras today. Blade is back (though late at night)! Got a couple good photos of him this time, no doubt that it's him...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Burglar, if you do not have two pics of that doe, forget about it. Don't worry about it at all. Just keep hunting and try to kill another one. Good work on your first deer!

Fitz, you MUST KILL that buck.

18. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz, that deer needs to die.

Heading out for my first stand hunt of the year. Tired of elk, tired of deer on the ground. Time to sit back. Not expecting to see a whole lot, if any, action. Mostly an observation stand until I figure out how to deer are moving this year.

19. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    some of the boys on my hitlist... hitting it hard for whitetails now.. 4 of these six are hitting one particular scrape almost all daytime hits.. :)

First buck is twintower4, 5 years old.. got him on tc for 3 years now, Second buck is Poncho 6x6, he's 4.5 this year.. two years of t/c's, third buck is Hvy Duty.. old buck 6x7 counting his junk and double brow.. Hes at least 6 years old, my bro and i let him walk not this year.. 4th buck is Kickass.. 6x5, his name explains how we feel about him.. 4.5 or 5.5... not sure on him.. last buck is MR. P.. 3 years of watching this guy grow up..on the hoof and t/c... let him walk last year as a 3.5 ..this as a 4.5 hes on the list.. Still looking for the giant 6x6 that was around during the rut last year..hope I find him.. he dwarfs all these bucks.. these guys should fall in that 140-150 mark.. K.A. might do a little better.. hes pretty nice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  20. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Now that's what I'm talking about! Go get 'em Troy :tu: