Team 19 Official Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by purebowhunting, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Good News: shot an 8 point with my 8 yr. old son
    Bad News: only scores 68 1/4
    Hunt was priceless. My son said it was the best time we ever had.
    My best time as well.
    Dave & Cody's buck.jpg

2. Nate/FL

Nate/FL Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome man!! Dont worry about the score for us. Memories like that are way more important than a contest!!!

3. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tall Tails, Way to break the ice! Sounds like you have a hard core hunter in the making with your son, memories neither will ever forget! Any story you'd like to share?

4. ALL4HUNTIN

ALL4HUNTIN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, scored a Doe, but I had no way of taking a picture of me and the bow... Only IPhone with me.. Will score another this weekend, and have a friend send a pic,, Sorry...... I tried and tried... but could not figure it out.. Had some nice bucks come in, but none within 35 yards in a thicket.. Wierd, I am finding huge scrapes, and monster rubs in S. Georgia... Kinda early, but they are there.. Here are some pics...

5. ALL4HUNTIN

Dislikes Received:
    Pictures..

Attached Files:

6. ALL4HUNTIN

Dislikes Received:
    Shot a second doe on Friday, followed the bloodtrail to the road... Where the blood smeared up out of the ditch, across the asphalt, and into someone elses bed of the truck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that STUNK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess someone needed it worse than I did..... Oh well, plenty more where that came from...

Will get a photo of another doe so I can help get us on the score board early...

Good luck y'all.........

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  7. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IT HAS BEGUN!!!! will be out this evening

8. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    saw nada...went and got 4 bags of corn....i will get one

9. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    All4Huntin, sounds like you've gotten off to a great/rough season so far. Good to hear you're getting on deer, sorry to hear you lost one. Hard to believe some people these days, but at least you didn't come across them loading the deer, never know how disputes in the woods turn out. I see your shooting a vital gear rest, can I ask which one and how you like it? I have the star track site and love it, was going to get the vital drop rest and changed my mind at the last moment, regretted it ever since, wondering how its working for you, best luck getting another doe!

10. ALL4HUNTIN

Dislikes Received:
    The Vital Gear Rest (NEW ONE) is working out awsome... The OLD rest was a little slow.. It relied on the "SPRING" to return the rest to the down position... The NEW one is actually reversed.. The spring pulls the rest "UP". And the cord pulls the rest out down of the way..

SO: Now the rest is as fast as the bow is instead of being as fast as the spring will allow it to be.. Does that make sense??? LOL... Shooting the Bowtech 350 Destroyer. Had it shooting 352 in the chrono before I added the wraps, NOCKturnal nocks, etc.. Now it is shooting 344, so the faster rest helped alot.. The capture feature is awsome. Holds the arrow in place until you draw. The 2 "claws" then open to shoot. But if you let down and do not shoot, the "claws" return and capture the arrow for the next shot.. I personally love the rest.. Quiet, accurate, and has not failed me yet in practice or affield....

Yea, stunk about the Doe, I should have gone after the Doe IMMEDIATELY.. But hind sight is 20/20 I guess..

11. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    How's everyone doing? I got busted by a doe with a fawn Wednesday.....Will be back out Monday probably

12. purebowhunting

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the information All4Hunting, I think I'm going to switch to a vital gear rest in the off season.

I'm headed out this weekend to video tape a buddy, has a 130 class eight he's after and has been getting consistent pictures of him in the morning. It's going to be hot so I'm not pressing the issue on any does. Next week it should start to kick in for me, starting to take some vacation here and there and hope to get on something big. Looks like a nice cool down in the future, hope it sparks lots of deer movement!

13. mr4pt

mr4pt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys. I hunted three straight days and saw one (1) deer from my stand, a decent 8 point but he never came down the ridge like he should've.

I did, however, kill a bear. Does that count? lol

14. GCLIFT

GCLIFT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I went out last weekend and seen a ton of deer. One night I counted >100 on an alfalfa, but a section of alfalfa is hard to bow hunt. Had a 120"-125" eight at 75 yards but no shot. But all in all we seen a ton of deer and will probably go back out there next weekend. This weekend I am gonna try to shoot a doe Sunday morning at one of my local spots. Goodluck guys!!!

15. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck...i will be out monday and probably shoot a doe....the bucks dont really bother with me early season....the does hang around All year and the bucks come in the rut....fine with me:nana:

16. Tall Tails

Tall Tails Newb

Dislikes Received:
    mr4pt
    I would count the bear as long as you shot it with a bow.:tu:

17. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    lets see some bear pics!!!!

18. bowhunter18

Dislikes Received:
    change of plans im goin in the mornin

19. twofaceempire@hotmail.com

[email protected] Newb

Dislikes Received:
    good lord this heat wave moveing threw indiana the past couple day is really slowing everything down! looks like were housed until nextweekend

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, It's hot here in Missouri too. I think it was about 84 degrees the last few days. I went out Saturday morning. Saw 3 deer from stand, but not in range. Even if they were, I would have passed unless it was a stud. Too hot to deal with the meat. It's supposed to cool down here starting tomorrow.